[Dec-25-2016] H850 20B DeOdexed

Search This thread

lordodin912

May 14, 2013
Your warranty is now void, don't blame me if your phone blows up blahblahblah.

Only system and kernel are being flashed, no Modem, BL, etc. You should already have updated to 20B before using.

Have not tested this myself, due to not owning the H850. edit: flashed it on T-Mobile 830 for fun with 20A 830 boot, no surprise, didn't work.

Decided to post anyway. If your going to use it, BACKUP, BACKUP, BACKUP

Based off of H85020b_00_TIM_IT_OP_1123.kdz
Only things touched are bootanimation (pixel black) and renamed recovery-from-boot.bak. It's also been zip-aligned.

Flash in recovery, profit??

SuperSu and Busybox included. Only /system is wiped, data left alone.

Should be able to dirty flash over current 20B if you like.

Any errors, etc, would most likely be related to deodexing as all files are stock.-Again, haven't tested this one myself

Link: H850_20B_DeOdexed

MD5: 99c9667294d1227de91605b8958233e0

If anyone would like to use this as a base, Great! Would appreciate some credit. [emoji13]

Enjoy.

Optional: Adjust Screen Color

Credits: @Chainfire for supersu. @SuperR. for the kitchen. @PlayerZ_ZawZaw for bootanimation. @jcadduono for TWRP. @bullghost for Firmware Extractor

It's people like them that make Android great!

Finally, thanks to Google/LG & XDA.

...whew.

Last edited:

xlxcrossing

Dec 6, 2009
Soquel, CA
A couple questions 1. Isn't 20B just a security patch update? 2. Does this ROM zip upgrade firmware (bootloader , radio, recovery) or just update software. 3. Since it's based off of the Italian H850 variant this won't cause troubles for EU variant?

lordodin912

May 14, 2013
A couple questions 1. Isn't 20B just a security patch update? 2. Does this ROM zip upgrade firmware (bootloader , radio, recovery) or just update software. 3. Since it's based off of the Italian H850 variant this won't cause troubles for EU variant?
1. Not 100% sure. 2. Just system and kernel are flashed. No M/BL, etc. 3. No idea really.

Last edited:

Mr. Schnabel

Sep 27, 2013
Received error while flashing, code 7, seems it couldn't locate a certain filesystem and aborts installation - same here with the 20B version

lordodin912

May 14, 2013
Received error while flashing, code 7, seems it couldn't locate a certain filesystem and aborts installation - same here with the 20B version
Hmmm flashed ok on my h830(swapped kernel), wouldnt boot (of course, this is for 850), but still flashed. Not sure why your getting that error, already removed the assert.

Last edited:

lordodin912

May 14, 2013
If anyone wants to try this themselves here's a quick guide.

You can take the system.img and boot.img from either the kdz with LG Firmware Extractor or from autoprime complete zip.

Then Google "superR kitchen xda", if your using windows there is a VM iso in the thread you can use with VirtualBox etc.

Once you have the kitchen working just remember, set_metadata for perm, use smali/baksmali for deodexing and don't sign the zip or let it remove the meta-inf folders from apps.

lordodin912

May 14, 2013
Ok so I just clean flashed my 20a for h830 and got that error code 7, doesn't happen on dirty. Just restarted TWRP after wiping and then it flashed ok. Might be the same problem over here.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Your warranty is now void, don't blame me if your phone blows up blahblahblah.

Only system and kernel are being flashed, no Modem, BL, etc. You should already have updated to 20B before using.

Have not tested this myself, due to not owning the H850. edit: flashed it on T-Mobile 830 for fun with 20A 830 boot, no surprise, didn't work.

Decided to post anyway. If your going to use it, BACKUP, BACKUP, BACKUP

Based off of H85020b_00_TIM_IT_OP_1123.kdz
    Only things touched are bootanimation (pixel black) and renamed recovery-from-boot.bak. It's also been zip-aligned.

Flash in recovery, profit??

SuperSu and Busybox included. Only /system is wiped, data left alone.

Should be able to dirty flash over current 20B if you like.

Any errors, etc, would most likely be related to deodexing as all files are stock.-Again, haven't tested this one myself

Link: H850_20B_DeOdexed

MD5: 99c9667294d1227de91605b8958233e0

If anyone would like to use this as a base, Great! Would appreciate some credit. [emoji13]

Enjoy.

Optional: Adjust Screen Color

Credits: @Chainfire for supersu. @SuperR. for the kitchen. @PlayerZ_ZawZaw for bootanimation. @jcadduono for TWRP. @bullghost for Firmware Extractor

It's people like them that make Android great!

Finally, thanks to Google/LG & XDA.

...whew.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone