• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[Dec 30] imilkas' HD2Z v1.0 [kernel: hastarin 8.6]

Search This thread

imilka

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 13, 2010
Moscow
imilkas' HD2Z v1.0
based on RC Team Z v0.6 build for Desire (Desire Z 1.72.405.2)

------

upd:dandiest has released v3 version of his build while I have been posting this... So I'm not sure I should really share my build. But anyway, it's better when your choice is wider, isn't it? :)

------

Hi guys.
As it's often written in this forum, I'm not an advanced developer "build maker" (by now), and this build was made for my personal use :)

This build is totally based on RC Team Z v0.6 build for Desire (robociks' permission exists; nice man by the way :)) with some adjustments and corrections by me.
And of course, it works on HD2, original version doesn't, haha :)

• Rotatable launcher (screenshots below)
  • Rotatable apps: Music app, Weather app, FM Radio, HTC Contacts, USB menu when conecting the phone to USB (screenshots below too)
  • Bigger font
  • HTC Sense features work for me
  • UOT Kitchen is WORKING (you can modify framework as you wish - add animations, icons, battery, etc etc)
  • I haven't removed HTC Reader for now, but I don't know if it works...
  • Other features, you can read complete list in original ROM thread
  • Unfortunately, I can't say this build is fast and smooth like dandiests' Z build (for me) but it's very close and i'm working on optimization and stability.

What's working and what isn't
Everything works for me (everything what works on other newSense builds)
I'll say it again: for ME only, I could easily miss something.
So, please, if you found something not working - report please, I'll try to fix that.
I really hope everything works; but I'm really not sure :)

upd 1.0 version: all bugs seems to be fixed now.

Installation
Uhmm... You don't know? :D
OK, just copy Android folder into your SD card and run CLRCAD.exe and HARET.exe.
You could also copy fresh data.img into Android folder, so first boot will take less time.

After first boot please install included Flash apk.
If you are upgrading from 0.2 version, just copy system.ext2 into your Android folder, and install apk after booting.

TMOUS users - MMS fix by prosto
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=10193379&postcount=107

Small FAQ
- I've got "Damaged SD Card" problem!
Just format your SD card using Panasonic Data Formatter included into first post. You can copy your data back after that.

- I want to de-rotate sense launcher!
Download rosie.portrait.rar included, copy /root/ folder into your Android folder and reboot.

Changelog
  • v1.0 - major bugfix release
    • fully zipaligned now
    • camcorder working
    • video playback working
    • gps working
    • temporary adobe flash fix
    • removed eReader
  • v0.2
    • back to stock power menu; advanced power menu to come in next version (some pictures are not shown now in apm, only crosses...)
    • removed rommanager
    • angry birds now installing without SD unmounting :D
    • fixed mobile data
    • some small speed improvements
    • etc

Screenshots! :)
cap201012282213.jpg
cap201012282214.jpg

cap201012282215.jpg
cap201012282217.jpg

cap201012282218.jpg
cap2010122822141.jpg

cap2010122822142.jpg

Ok, that's enough i think. I like weather app in landscape mode :)
(this build is multilingual, yes :D just haven't got anough time to make new screens)

• robocik and Capychimp for their beautiful original build :)
  • mdeejay for his great help
  • testers on 4pda.ru who helped me to reveal some bugs
  • others

Happy holidays.
And once again, report bugs please. Thank you.

Attachments

• rosie.portrait.rar
    2.5 MB · Views: 453
Last edited:

patensas

Jun 24, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Thank you for sharing even though you didn't want to with the new dandiest release. Downloading right now and will let you know ;)

Edit:

So i booted your build, ran the setup and rebooted.
So far everything seems to run smooth without any issues,
even data connection runs out of the box which sometimes is
a crime for Dutch Vodafone users.

- eReader doesn't work, saying no books found on sd card

I'm glad i've found your build and that you wanted to share it!
I really love the landscape functionality...

Last edited:
Reactions: HaniX and imilka

imilka

Oct 13, 2010
Moscow
patensas,
thank you for your reply :)
i'm glad you enjoyed it.

Yeah, i know eReader can't found included books... Will be removed in next version i think.

Reactions: firinghead

lbhocky19

Feb 18, 2007
so this is not a good day for my battery. tried another build where even in standby i couldnt get less then 250 ma.
now on here im getting 520 ma with wifi on, around 400 with all data and wifi off and 60 in standby.

im on stock 3.14 rom, 2.10.50.28_2 radio and havent done my titanium restore yet so where is the drain coming from

imilka

Oct 13, 2010
Moscow
so this is not a good day for my battery. tried another build where even in standby i couldnt get less then 250 ma.
now on here im getting 520 ma with wifi on, around 400 with all data and wifi off and 60 in standby.

im on stock 3.14 rom, 2.10.50.28_2 radio and havent done my titanium restore yet so where is the drain coming from
I'm getting 222mA with max brightness, WiFi, music and something synchronisates right now... :)
And something about 4-5ma in standby
All I can suggest to you now - to try 1.66 stock Rom.
3.14 has been reported by many people on our Russian forum as badly working with Android. (Can't confirm though, haven't used it)

Upd: 160mA with wifi,music and max brightness... really the best result I've ever had...

Sent from my HTC HD2 using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    imilkas' HD2Z v1.0
    based on RC Team Z v0.6 build for Desire (Desire Z 1.72.405.2)

------

upd:dandiest has released v3 version of his build while I have been posting this... So I'm not sure I should really share my build. But anyway, it's better when your choice is wider, isn't it? :)

------

Hi guys.
    As it's often written in this forum, I'm not an advanced developer "build maker" (by now), and this build was made for my personal use :)

This build is totally based on RC Team Z v0.6 build for Desire (robociks' permission exists; nice man by the way :)) with some adjustments and corrections by me.
    And of course, it works on HD2, original version doesn't, haha :)

• Rotatable launcher (screenshots below)
    • Rotatable apps: Music app, Weather app, FM Radio, HTC Contacts, USB menu when conecting the phone to USB (screenshots below too)
    • Bigger font
    • HTC Sense features work for me
    • UOT Kitchen is WORKING (you can modify framework as you wish - add animations, icons, battery, etc etc)
    • I haven't removed HTC Reader for now, but I don't know if it works...
    • Other features, you can read complete list in original ROM thread
    • Unfortunately, I can't say this build is fast and smooth like dandiests' Z build (for me) but it's very close and i'm working on optimization and stability.

What's working and what isn't
    Everything works for me (everything what works on other newSense builds)
    I'll say it again: for ME only, I could easily miss something.
    So, please, if you found something not working - report please, I'll try to fix that.
    I really hope everything works; but I'm really not sure :)

upd 1.0 version: all bugs seems to be fixed now.

Installation
    Uhmm... You don't know? :D
    OK, just copy Android folder into your SD card and run CLRCAD.exe and HARET.exe.
    You could also copy fresh data.img into Android folder, so first boot will take less time.

After first boot please install included Flash apk.
    If you are upgrading from 0.2 version, just copy system.ext2 into your Android folder, and install apk after booting.

TMOUS users - MMS fix by prosto
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=10193379&postcount=107

Small FAQ
    - I've got "Damaged SD Card" problem!
    Just format your SD card using Panasonic Data Formatter included into first post. You can copy your data back after that.

- I want to de-rotate sense launcher!
    Download rosie.portrait.rar included, copy /root/ folder into your Android folder and reboot.

Changelog
    • v1.0 - major bugfix release
      • fully zipaligned now
      • camcorder working
      • video playback working
      • gps working
      • temporary adobe flash fix
      • removed eReader
    • v0.2
      • back to stock power menu; advanced power menu to come in next version (some pictures are not shown now in apm, only crosses...)
      • removed rommanager
      • angry birds now installing without SD unmounting :D
      • fixed mobile data
      • some small speed improvements
      • etc

Screenshots! :)
    cap201012282213.jpg
    cap201012282214.jpg

cap201012282215.jpg
    cap201012282217.jpg

cap201012282218.jpg
    cap2010122822141.jpg

cap2010122822142.jpg

Ok, that's enough i think. I like weather app in landscape mode :)
    (this build is multilingual, yes :D just haven't got anough time to make new screens)

• robocik and Capychimp for their beautiful original build :)
    • mdeejay for his great help
    • testers on 4pda.ru who helped me to reveal some bugs
    • others

Happy holidays.
    And once again, report bugs please. Thank you.
    T-Mobile US MMS patch

Here are the files you may use if you are a TMOUS user and want to send MMS up to 1024 KB in size and receive non-blurry ones.

Based, as always, on the detailed info from this thread.

Fresh installation required (delete data.img).

en_US included as default selection during initial setup.

Personally tested via patched system.ext2.

If you have 2 APNs for T-Mobile US in the phone settings, remove the one with "MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc" and leave/select the one with "MMSC: http://10.165.193.22/mms/wapenc"
    Advanced Power Menu

Enjoy guys,

After much googling, i was able to locate the attached file for this particular ROM. Unzip and place root folder in the Android folder and reboot. First reboot will take about 10 to 15 minutes. Afterwards, everything should run smooth. Picture is attached to zip file. As always, please backup!

StrictlyPC
    Thank you for sharing even though you didn't want to with the new dandiest release. Downloading right now and will let you know ;)

Edit:

So i booted your build, ran the setup and rebooted.
    So far everything seems to run smooth without any issues,
    even data connection runs out of the box which sometimes is
    a crime for Dutch Vodafone users.

- eReader doesn't work, saying no books found on sd card

I'm glad i've found your build and that you wanted to share it!
    I really love the landscape functionality...
    Desire HD Keyboard with Arrows

Enjoy guys,

This is the Desire HD keyboard with the up/down & backward/forward arrows. Picture is attached to zip file. Unzip and place root folder in the Android folder and reboot. First reboot might take some time, please be patient. As always, please backup!

StrictlyPC