• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

December ROM update for BLN-L24

Search This thread

Akopps

Jan 19, 2015
My 6X just received an OTA. The security patch level went from March 1st to Oct 5th. The EMUI version was updasted to 5.0.1. So far so good, I haven't used it much.

patrick8996

Dec 29, 2011
Oregon
I have gotten an OTA update as well. Not sure if it's going to remove my root or not so I'm not going to update

gordesky1

Jan 21, 2011
Yep it will remove you current root... Cause i just updated too it a few hours ago which i did not have root but i had my bootloader unlock. And yep my bootloader is locked ... I have always herd ota updates doeisnt relock the bootloader???

Not going too unlock it again cause i was waiting for 8.0 if and when it comes anyways. That and i have my phone setup the way i want it not going threw it again at the moment lol..

e20140

May 12, 2009
Just updated but now Google Assistance no longer works and fail to connect.

I have to clear Google app all data to make it run

Last edited:

galapagos

Mar 11, 2013
Wow. Two system updates in the last 10 days. Just updated BLN-L24C567 to B366 from B365. Security patch is Nov. 6.

Akopps

Jan 19, 2015
I guess this makes Huawei/Honor phones a lot better than Lenovo Moto phones. Once I recommended my father to buy a (Lenovo) Moto X Pure. The phone received updates something twice a year (!), and its Nougat update came 13 months (!) after the official Nougat release, and maybe 10 months after when Lenovo promised this update would be available. Huawei has a better track record than Lenovo IMHO.

Reactions: harsh532£

PalakMi

Aug 18, 2016
Oujda
13 months is a lot, and yes, Huawei/Honor has been better in the recent years when it comes to updates

shashank1320

Recognized Contributor
May 26, 2015
Delhi
Indeed. They give update if want to else simply discard. btw see what Apple was doing with regular updates.. they admitted and was a let down for many (but accepting it needs some real guts for a brand like Apple)
Who knows other OEMs who gives regular updates are doing similar things :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    My 6X just received an OTA. The security patch level went from March 1st to Oct 5th. The EMUI version was updasted to 5.0.1. So far so good, I haven't used it much.
    I guess this makes Huawei/Honor phones a lot better than Lenovo Moto phones. Once I recommended my father to buy a (Lenovo) Moto X Pure. The phone received updates something twice a year (!), and its Nougat update came 13 months (!) after the official Nougat release, and maybe 10 months after when Lenovo promised this update would be available. Huawei has a better track record than Lenovo IMHO.