Question December update, battery drain.

Search This thread

3dd1

Mar 24, 2012
Andover
Since the December update, I've got massive battery drain. The latest session for accubattery has only 11% deep sleep while the screen is off. 35% battery usage over 6 hours with 46m SOT. Has the adaptive battery reset? Any ideas please?

Last edited:
Reactions: t9anef

3dd1

Mar 24, 2012
Andover
Ok think I have found the culprit, mobile network standby, 27% from the pixel battery app. Any ideas what I can do please?

ChongoDroid

Jul 29, 2010
Vancouver
Google Pixel 4
Google Pixel 4 XL
I did mine OTA, would factory reset do it? I think the fault is mobile network standby, used 27%
When I first got the phone I had an issue like that. Try turning the phone off (not reboot) and then powering on after a minute or so. When I did that last build it built cache or did something different and the issue went away.

I'd try that before factory resetting.

Reactions: Ves and 3dd1

phupton

Mar 13, 2006
UK
Thought it was just me. my phone is a lot lower than normal at this time of day. definitely got some form of battery drain going on.

phupton

Mar 13, 2006
UK
My last post was 24 minutes ago and I’ve dropped 3% battery in that time with the screen off and phone on standby.

chaimav

Aug 27, 2013
I still don't have the update and now I am worried. Does anyone not have a battery issue?

Si73

Nov 15, 2007
Suffolk
I had battery drain after the update but it appears to be network/signal related. Always get 4G in my home but now only get H. Turning off WiFi left my phone with no mobile signal but seems to fixed with a couple of reboots. Signal is definitely no where as good.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I did mine OTA, would factory reset do it? I think the fault is mobile network standby, used 27%
    When I first got the phone I had an issue like that. Try turning the phone off (not reboot) and then powering on after a minute or so. When I did that last build it built cache or did something different and the issue went away.

I'd try that before factory resetting.
    Since the December update, I've got massive battery drain. The latest session for accubattery has only 11% deep sleep while the screen is off. 35% battery usage over 6 hours with 46m SOT. Has the adaptive battery reset? Any ideas please?
    Ok think I have found the culprit, mobile network standby, 27% from the pixel battery app. Any ideas what I can do please?
    There have been some reports on Reddit of decreased reception in areas it was good before. Might be switching often between 5G and LTE or lower .
    I still don't have the update and now I am worried. Does anyone not have a battery issue?
    I don't. Accubattery reports 5.4%/h with screen on and 1.0%/h with screen off, pretty much the same as before the update.