General December update/feature drop

Search This thread

marmin

Sep 1, 2007
Yorkshire
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Its getting to be a bit of a farce!

One of the main reasons I got my previous Pixels was that you received the updates first, like clockwork.

The P6P has some major issues, FPS!!, screen going blank, Reception etc. Yet we get it after all the other Pixels!?

And to top it off if you live in the "Google blind spot", ie not USA, you havent even got the FPS fix to make it usable!

So, we get to the delayed date and, SURPRISE! No update again.

Is something going on that we dont know about, feel like a Beta tester and I paid them nearly £1000 to do it!!!!

therock3181

Jun 25, 2010
Montreal
Google Pixel 6 Pro

One of the main reasons I got my previous Pixels was that you received the updates first, like clockwork.

The P6P has some major issues, FPS!!, screen going blank, Reception etc. Yet we get it after all the other Pixels!?

And to top it off if you live in the "Google blind spot", ie not USA, you havent even got the FPS fix to make it usable!

Is something going on that we dont know about, feel like a Beta tester and I paid them nearly £1000 to do it!!!!
World first problem... Chill out.

Update is coming today December 13th as per every articles.

If you can't stand the phone, sell it and move on to Samsung or Isheep bangwagon. But be advise they have there share of problems too...

marmin

Sep 1, 2007
Yorkshire
Google Pixel 6 Pro

If you can't stand the phone, sell it and move on to Samsung or Isheep bangwagon. But be advise they have there share of problems too...
Please don't tell me to chill out.

If I want to comment on my frustrations about having a "premium" device which is sold with faults and has a promise of updates which are not upheld, then I shall.

If you wish to spend your money and follow what Google says like a "sheep" without voicing your dissatisfaction, then that too is your right.

To paraphrase a brilliant quote "All that is needed for poor service to continue to happen is for good customers to do nothing", I have raised my concerns with Google and would encourage others to raise your voice too.

lawtq

Oct 12, 2011
Huawei Mate X2

If I want to comment on my frustrations about having a "premium" device which is sold with faults and has a promise of updates which are not upheld, then I shall.

If you wish to spend your money and follow what Google says like a "sheep" without voicing your dissatisfaction, then that too is your right.

To paraphrase a brilliant quote "All that is needed for poor service to continue to happen is for good customers to do nothing", I have raised my concerns with Google and would encourage others to raise your voice too.
Well said. People coming on here trying to tell others what they can or cannot say p's me off.

Returned mine cause the return window expired before today, the 13th. I don't think one update can magically fix the phone. I hope it does though. I think it'll take time though, months.

In the meantime I'm looking forward to the next gen phones that are only a couple months away. This next gen will be a true leap in next gen terms. Pixel left me cold

Morgrain

Aug 4, 2015
It will probably come 1000 pacific time (Googles HQ time, it the morning) - that equals 1900 Berlin time (Europe).

Reactions: Wynnded

Morgrain

Aug 4, 2015

You are right to voice criticism. Googles behaviour is unacceptable, since they let their new flagship users wait beyond the usual update time without any explanation given. We should have a clear window to expect - not "in a week" - that's a joke. Google is the biggest company in the world, anyone here seriously believe they don't have fixed, internal deadlines? They should simply make a counter: Here, that's when we will start pushing the update.

400ixl

Jul 27, 2006
Norwich
OnePlus 6T
Google Pixel 6 Pro
You are right to voice criticism. Googles behaviour is unacceptable, since they let their new flagship users wait beyond the usual update time without any explanation given. We should have a clear window to expect - not "in a week" - that's a joke. Google is the biggest company in the world, anyone here seriously believe they don't have fixed, internal deadlines? They should simply make a counter: Here, that's when we will start pushing the update.
They did exactly that, they said it would be released today (13th). As today is not over (and they don't usually release updates until in the PST time zone ) and was never likely to be AM for the CET time zone.

There will be a lot more fixes in the release for the Pixel 6 than applied to the older models, they most likely wanted to test out the fixes that applied to them in the real world and also have some more time to test the Pixel 6 specific fixes. Better to get it right than rush out bad updates which make things worse in the eyes of those who have issues.

I can understand frustration if you are being seriously hampered by an issue (most people aren't, with minor irritations), but at least give it until the window they said has closed.

Reactions: therock3181

therock3181

Jun 25, 2010
Montreal
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Well said. People coming on here trying to tell others what they can or cannot say p's me off.

Returned mine cause the return window expired before today, the 13th. I don't think one update can magically fix the phone. I hope it does though. I think it'll take time though, months.

In the meantime I'm looking forward to the next gen phones that are only a couple months away. This next gen will be a true leap in next gen terms. Pixel left me cold
Where did I wrote he can or cannot say ? Please tell me

Actually don't, because I found nothing.....

ggrant3876

Jun 17, 2009
Wichita Falls, Texas

Is something going on that we dont know about, feel like a Beta tester and I paid them nearly £1000 to do it!!
Haven't had a single issue with my P6P. You you actually think you're a beta tester you should have had the first android phone the T-Mobile G1, we were actual beta testers. If you don't like the phone simply return it!

Reactions: intp.pisces

marmin

Sep 1, 2007
Yorkshire
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Haven't had a single issue with my P6P. You you actually think you're a beta tester you should have had the first android phone the T-Mobile G1, we were actual beta testers.
I'm very pleased for you. Pointing out that you are one of the lucky ones hardly helps those of us with issues, just kind of rubs peoples noses in it. Nope, I said I "feel" like a beta tester, big difference. With the G1 it was a first of a kind, early adopters of new tech/OS often end up with fixes after launch.

• Haha
Reactions: ggrant3876

Ghisy

Mar 27, 2010
OTAs/Factory images usually drop around 10 am PST. You still have 2 hours to go!

intp.pisces

Account currently disabled
Aug 4, 2018
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Haven't had a single issue with my P6P. You you actually think you're a beta tester you should have had the first android phone the T-Mobile G1, we were actual beta testers. If you don't like the phone simply return it!
Same, ironically. I've realized with every release there's those who have issues and those who don't. Luckily we know Google's gonna take care of it

Reactions: ggrant3876

cd993

May 8, 2009
London
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Mod Edit: Quote removed and part of message edited since quoted post rmoved.

For clarification, what do you mean by "smells like curry"?

I agree at least with the stance that we should all just patiently await the update. It's coming and should bring good things to our toys. There's people in this world who would love to have this phone so those feeling impatient, just crack on with your day and no dount in an hour or two we'll all be flashing away (cue to the next lot of complaints?!)

Last edited by a moderator:

Morgrain

Aug 4, 2015
that everyone has a right to complain if something they paid for isn't functioning correctly!
This is all that matters. Back in the days - before patches - products had to function at launch, since there was no way to fix anything. Once it was in the hands of your customer, there was no choice - either the product worked without issue and you got good press and recommendation, or your product was buggy and people stopped buying it.

Nowadays, companies just don't give a s*it - they release buggy products and there are customers that have the audacity to even support that kind of behavior. Instead of working together in order to get companies to fix their sh*t BEFORE launch, people divide themselves amongst "patience" or "you can't expect them to fix stuff in time" - aha. Well, we can. The nanosecond we buy a thousanddollar product. We are not talking about a 2 dollar china toy, we are talking about a state of the art, high-end flagship - that's simply supposed to work without issue. And if major issues arise, criticism is of paramount importance.

Many bugs we face today have been known since Android 12 has launched it's first beta - 18 May 2021 - that's roughly 7 months time for Google to fix stuff. They didn't.

And here we are not even talking about Pixel 6 specific bugs, simply Android ones.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jiggs82 and rosso22

ggrant3876

Jun 17, 2009
Wichita Falls, Texas
Same, ironically. I've realized with every release there's those who have issues and those who don't. Luckily we know Google's gonna take care of it
I actually wonder how many problems there really are that are really bugs or just user error. When the Note 20 Ultra first came out there were quite a few people having issues with it here on XDA but what it boiled down to in the end was that they were transferring data from another phone and most weren't even a Samsung phone. Also if it were an Android 12 issue we would all have it not just a select few!

Reactions: intp.pisces

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey, I just have a quick question for those of you crying about the update not being here earlier, did yall make it? I legit thought some of yall would collapse and die. I prayed for you though 🙏:ROFLMAO:
    * * * Friendly Reminder * * *

Let's keep the comments related to the original topic of when the next update will drop. Off-topic, insulting, and disrespectful comments have already been removed.

Insulting one another, and disrespectful comments about one another is the quickest way to have your account reviewed for restriction.

This is a development site, NOT a social media site where people bash each other for holding a different opinion.

If you agree, do so respectfully. If you disagree, do so respectfully. If you can't or refuse to be respectful and helpful, simply don't comment at all.

People acting like children telling others to stop acting like children is just ridiculous and makes both sides look silly.

If your comment violates Forum Rules, isn't helpful, isn't respectful, please just don't post it.

Thanks for everyone's cooperation.

UPDATED: any further racially motivated comments will find that member's account disabled. NOT COOL, NOT WELCOME HERE!

tl;dr

be respectful
    be helpful
    be at one with the rules

Remember when manufacturers released updates quarterly, every other month, or whenever they felt like it? Good times :p

Now we're so spoiled, if we don't get an update every 29-30 days, or by midnight on the 3rd; the manufacturer sucks, the device sucks, the world sucks and the only thing that's "acceptable" is our entitlement feeling of "I spent $1000 and my 30 day update didn't come exactly as promised!"

Anyone saying they've been in the customizing game a long time should be WELL AWARE of several facts in the unlocked bootloader device world:

-every flagship has issues
    -every manufacturer cares more about $ than quality
    -the newest devices always require a few updates to work out bugs
    -there are several manufacturers whose updates only come whenever they feel like it, and it's always much longer than every 30 days
    Truth.

I think we should all remember that the P6/P6 Pro are new platforms, and while a lot of the other technologies are well established, the Tensor is a brand new development that is bound to have teething problems.

I understand there's a lot of frustration and impatience here, but I have to ask: If you wanted a perfect, faultless device, why did you get a Pixel in the first place? Expecting perfection is a bit unrealistic.

The updates and fixes will come. Be patient. Being upset about it isn't going to make the update come any faster.