General December update/feature drop

Search This thread

almahix

flash-all.bat is in the zip file of the factory image. If you're not seeing it then you likely downloaded the OTA file instead.
Thanks. I found it. I deleted the -w from the file and ran the script. It seemed to run without errors, but the phone says it is now corrupt and it won't boot. I repeated it but still corrupt. I am in over my head here. The file I used is image-raven-sq1d.211205.017.zip. I am in the US. The booloader is unlocked and not yet rooted. Can someone get me my phone back?

krips2003

Sep 27, 2009
Louisville
Sometimes it's better to wait for the OTA update on your phone instead of manually updating the OTA. People might have reported issues, which Google might be fixing it again.

jlokos

May 27, 2011
Willamette Valley
Thanks. I found it. I deleted the -w from the file and ran the script. It seemed to run without errors, but the phone says it is now corrupt and it won't boot. I repeated it but still corrupt. I am in over my head here. The file I used is image-raven-sq1d.211205.017.zip. I am in the US. The booloader is unlocked and not yet rooted. Can someone get me my phone back?
Use android Flash tool. which is an automated process. I assume you didn't disable-verity and disable-verification and that it why it won't boot. There are a number of helpful guides in this forum on how to do it manually.

I'm not sure I understand your question. The Pixel 6 Pro (P6P) is the Raven, yes. The regular Pixel 6 (P6) is Oriole, and things that apply to both the P6 and P6P are "Raviole". :)
Oh I see, my mistake. I didn't realize the Raven was the name for the P6P. I thought that was the name of the image I needed to download. Thanks for the information!

almahix

Use android Flash tool. which is an automated process. I assume you didn't disable-verity and disable-verification and that it why it won't boot. There are a number of helpful guides in this forum on how to do it manually.
I'm such a dolt. I mistaked the old tools used with fastboot. I found the new stuff and I'm using it now to flash the newest US build. It did wipe my phone so I'll have to restore it but at least it isn't dead. Thanks for your kindly advice. Now that I know the escape route I think I'll try to root. (Does the new tool do that?? :))

Last edited:
Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

jlokos

May 27, 2011
Willamette Valley
I'm such a dolt. I mistakes the old tools with fastboot. I found the new stuff and I'm using it now to flash the newest US build. It did wipe my phone so I'll have to restore it but at least it isn't dead. Thanks for your kindly advice. Now that I know the escape route I think I'll try to root. Does the new tool do that?? :)>)
No the android flash tool doesn't root your phone, but there are a number of guides in the forum that take you step by step through the process. This one has a link to all of the relevant threads: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...r-factory-image-and-ota-zips-are-out.4352027/ Good luck.

I'd also prefer to do a clean install of the December update, but I have no idea how to do it, or if anyone's even converted the files to do so. I've been out of the game a while, so forgive me. I don't remember all the terminology, and I'm sure the tech has changed quite a bit. Last time I was active in here was when I rooted my LG V6, so yeah, it's been a while, lol.

jlokos

May 27, 2011
Willamette Valley
I'd also prefer to do a clean install of the December update, but I have no idea how to do it, or if anyone's even converted the files to do so. I've been out of the game a while, so forgive me. I don't remember all the terminology, and I'm sure the tech has changed quite a bit. Last time I was active in here was when I rooted my LG V6, so yeah, it's been a while, lol.
See my response above (and the included threads). You may want to use the android flash tool.

MacGuy2006

Sep 15, 2006
No December update yet, in the US. This might explain it:

"Google’s Pixel 6 series saw a slightly delayed December patch that arrived earlier this week, but it seems the update is causing trouble for users in Europe as more and more user reports link the update to network issues."

Pretty unhappy with Google lately (censorship and w0ke search skewing), and this phone is not helping.

LLStarks

Jun 1, 2012
The December update includes 8CA mmwave carrier aggregation. Upgraded from 4CA.

According to a reputable T-Mobile signal chaser in NYC, he was able to hit 3.3 Gbps.

wulfgarfang

Feb 15, 2014
I'm very pleased for you. Pointing out that you are one of the lucky ones hardly helps those of us with issues, just kind of rubs peoples noses in it. Nope, I said I "feel" like a beta tester, big difference. With the G1 it was a first of a kind, early adopters of new tech/OS often end up with fixes after launch.
I also have not had a single issue. I LOVE YOU GOOGLE! Thank you for the best phone I've ever owned!

Mtha86

Feb 28, 2018
I also have no issue, though battery could be a little better. Just getting around 5.5 to 6.5 hours SOT a day (when full day wifi around 9 hours which is great!!)
Far better than my last buggy Oneplus 8 Pro, Oxygen OS is such a mess. This is smooth as hell, love it!

PrinceLc

Jul 16, 2010
Iserlohn
Happy with the P6P December update ! Get around 8 hors SOT with 5G and Dualsim ! No problems here so far. Global Pixel in the EU Germany. Got A4 December update normal OTA.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey, I just have a quick question for those of you crying about the update not being here earlier, did yall make it? I legit thought some of yall would collapse and die. I prayed for you though 🙏:ROFLMAO:
    * * * Friendly Reminder * * *

Let's keep the comments related to the original topic of when the next update will drop. Off-topic, insulting, and disrespectful comments have already been removed.

Insulting one another, and disrespectful comments about one another is the quickest way to have your account reviewed for restriction.

This is a development site, NOT a social media site where people bash each other for holding a different opinion.

If you agree, do so respectfully. If you disagree, do so respectfully. If you can't or refuse to be respectful and helpful, simply don't comment at all.

People acting like children telling others to stop acting like children is just ridiculous and makes both sides look silly.

If your comment violates Forum Rules, isn't helpful, isn't respectful, please just don't post it.

Thanks for everyone's cooperation.

UPDATED: any further racially motivated comments will find that member's account disabled. NOT COOL, NOT WELCOME HERE!

tl;dr

be respectful
    be helpful
    be at one with the rules
    World first problem... Chill out.

Update is coming today December 13th as per every articles.

If you can't stand the phone, sell it and move on to Samsung or Isheep bangwagon. But be advise they have there share of problems too...
    Please don't tell me to chill out.

If I want to comment on my frustrations about having a "premium" device which is sold with faults and has a promise of updates which are not upheld, then I shall.

If you wish to spend your money and follow what Google says like a "sheep" without voicing your dissatisfaction, then that too is your right.

To paraphrase a brilliant quote "All that is needed for poor service to continue to happen is for good customers to do nothing", I have raised my concerns with Google and would encourage others to raise your voice too.
    Remember when manufacturers released updates quarterly, every other month, or whenever they felt like it? Good times :p

Now we're so spoiled, if we don't get an update every 29-30 days, or by midnight on the 3rd; the manufacturer sucks, the device sucks, the world sucks and the only thing that's "acceptable" is our entitlement feeling of "I spent $1000 and my 30 day update didn't come exactly as promised!"

Anyone saying they've been in the customizing game a long time should be WELL AWARE of several facts in the unlocked bootloader device world:

-every flagship has issues
    -every manufacturer cares more about $ than quality
    -the newest devices always require a few updates to work out bugs
    -there are several manufacturers whose updates only come whenever they feel like it, and it's always much longer than every 30 days
    Truth.

I think we should all remember that the P6/P6 Pro are new platforms, and while a lot of the other technologies are well established, the Tensor is a brand new development that is bound to have teething problems.

I understand there's a lot of frustration and impatience here, but I have to ask: If you wanted a perfect, faultless device, why did you get a Pixel in the first place? Expecting perfection is a bit unrealistic.

The updates and fixes will come. Be patient. Being upset about it isn't going to make the update come any faster.
    Please don't tell me to chill out.

If I want to comment on my frustrations about having a "premium" device which is sold with faults and has a promise of updates which are not upheld, then I shall.

If you wish to spend your money and follow what Google says like a "sheep" without voicing your dissatisfaction, then that too is your right.

To paraphrase a brilliant quote "All that is needed for poor service to continue to happen is for good customers to do nothing", I have raised my concerns with Google and would encourage others to raise your voice too.
    Well said. People coming on here trying to tell others what they can or cannot say p's me off.

Returned mine cause the return window expired before today, the 13th. I don't think one update can magically fix the phone. I hope it does though. I think it'll take time though, months.

In the meantime I'm looking forward to the next gen phones that are only a couple months away. This next gen will be a true leap in next gen terms. Pixel left me cold