General December update/feature drop

Search This thread
I wonder if they're just going to release an early January OTA which might encompass and fix the issues from both the November and December OTAs and say "we've identified a few more *enhancements* we wanted to include in the next OTA..." and get everyone back on track for a regularly scheduled February OTA.

No doubt they realize they really screwed up their flagship release this year. But in the world of retail; money before everything else, of course. "We have to get our product out there and take full advantage of the holiday consumption.". I mean, they couldn't even make enough phones fast enough to ensure proper stock levels. Many locations had to wait for them. Just my thoughts while drinking my morning coffee and reading XDA, lol

johninsf

I wonder if they're just going to release an early January OTA which might encompass and fix the issues from both the November and December OTAs and say "we've identified a few more *enhancements* we wanted to include in the next OTA..." and get everyone back on track for a regularly scheduled February OTA.

No doubt they realize they really screwed up their flagship release this year. But in the world of retail; money before everything else, of course. "We have to get our product out there and take full advantage of the holiday consumption.". I mean, they couldn't even make enough phones fast enough to ensure proper stock levels. Many locations had to wait for them. Just my thoughts while drinking my morning coffee and reading XDA, lol
At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if this may be the case.

I have been wondering if anyone on this forum has gotten the OTA in the past few days + in the US + purchased directly from Google Store.

I can live with the connectivity issues experienced so far / hope they're not worse after the update.

roirraW "edor" ehT

Forum Moderator
Staff member
I have been wondering if anyone on this forum has gotten the OTA in the past few days + in the US + purchased directly from Google Store.
My wife has not gotten the OTA (U.S., Factory Unlocked, purchased directly from Google). (I'm manually flashed and rooted)

ggrant3876

Jun 17, 2009
Wichita Falls, Texas
At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if this may be the case.

I can live with the connectivity issues experienced so far / hope they're not worse after the update.
In the USA and purchased directly from Google. Didn't get the OTA but went ahead and sideloaded it a couple weeks ago. I had no issues on the November update and the only issue with the December update is the battery isn't quite as good as November. A few more charging cycles and it may be back.

the only issue with the December update is the battery isn't quite as good as November. A few more charging cycles and it may be back.
I sure hope so. I started this morning with a full battery and at 3:13 p.m. EST, it's down to 26% and I really haven't used it much today.

Also, (I believe) someone mentioned that Google Maps isn't transferring audibly via Bluetooth. You may want to check that out, as well.

Matterhorn

Nov 29, 2004
Google Pixel 3
"Also, (I believe) someone mentioned that Google Maps isn't transferring audibly via Bluetooth. You may want to check that out, as well."
I sideloaded the December update on my unlocked Pixel 6 pro. Maps is talking to my BMW Bluetooth as well as the Google earbuds.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey, I just have a quick question for those of you crying about the update not being here earlier, did yall make it? I legit thought some of yall would collapse and die. I prayed for you though 🙏:ROFLMAO:
    * * * Friendly Reminder * * *

Let's keep the comments related to the original topic of when the next update will drop. Off-topic, insulting, and disrespectful comments have already been removed.

Insulting one another, and disrespectful comments about one another is the quickest way to have your account reviewed for restriction.

This is a development site, NOT a social media site where people bash each other for holding a different opinion.

If you agree, do so respectfully. If you disagree, do so respectfully. If you can't or refuse to be respectful and helpful, simply don't comment at all.

People acting like children telling others to stop acting like children is just ridiculous and makes both sides look silly.

If your comment violates Forum Rules, isn't helpful, isn't respectful, please just don't post it.

Thanks for everyone's cooperation.

UPDATED: any further racially motivated comments will find that member's account disabled. NOT COOL, NOT WELCOME HERE!

tl;dr

be respectful
    be helpful
    be at one with the rules
    World first problem... Chill out.

Update is coming today December 13th as per every articles.

If you can't stand the phone, sell it and move on to Samsung or Isheep bangwagon. But be advise they have there share of problems too...
    Please don't tell me to chill out.

If I want to comment on my frustrations about having a "premium" device which is sold with faults and has a promise of updates which are not upheld, then I shall.

If you wish to spend your money and follow what Google says like a "sheep" without voicing your dissatisfaction, then that too is your right.

To paraphrase a brilliant quote "All that is needed for poor service to continue to happen is for good customers to do nothing", I have raised my concerns with Google and would encourage others to raise your voice too.
    Remember when manufacturers released updates quarterly, every other month, or whenever they felt like it? Good times :p

Now we're so spoiled, if we don't get an update every 29-30 days, or by midnight on the 3rd; the manufacturer sucks, the device sucks, the world sucks and the only thing that's "acceptable" is our entitlement feeling of "I spent $1000 and my 30 day update didn't come exactly as promised!"

Anyone saying they've been in the customizing game a long time should be WELL AWARE of several facts in the unlocked bootloader device world:

-every flagship has issues
    -every manufacturer cares more about $ than quality
    -the newest devices always require a few updates to work out bugs
    -there are several manufacturers whose updates only come whenever they feel like it, and it's always much longer than every 30 days
    Truth.

I think we should all remember that the P6/P6 Pro are new platforms, and while a lot of the other technologies are well established, the Tensor is a brand new development that is bound to have teething problems.

I understand there's a lot of frustration and impatience here, but I have to ask: If you wanted a perfect, faultless device, why did you get a Pixel in the first place? Expecting perfection is a bit unrealistic.

The updates and fixes will come. Be patient. Being upset about it isn't going to make the update come any faster.
    Please don't tell me to chill out.

If I want to comment on my frustrations about having a "premium" device which is sold with faults and has a promise of updates which are not upheld, then I shall.

If you wish to spend your money and follow what Google says like a "sheep" without voicing your dissatisfaction, then that too is your right.

To paraphrase a brilliant quote "All that is needed for poor service to continue to happen is for good customers to do nothing", I have raised my concerns with Google and would encourage others to raise your voice too.
    Well said. People coming on here trying to tell others what they can or cannot say p's me off.

Returned mine cause the return window expired before today, the 13th. I don't think one update can magically fix the phone. I hope it does though. I think it'll take time though, months.

In the meantime I'm looking forward to the next gen phones that are only a couple months away. This next gen will be a true leap in next gen terms. Pixel left me cold