December update has no variants?

Search This thread

a1291762

Nov 20, 2012
yasmar.net
I wasn't offered December OTA but maybe I'm just too eager? I installed from factory image instead.

There don't seem to be variants anymore, just the one image.

V0latyle

Forum Moderator
Staff member
There won't always be carrier variants for Pixel updates. When there are, it's usually because the carriers that variant is for have specified some fine tuning to the baseband payload (the radio image). These are global devices meant to work on almost any network, but some carriers still like to have their clients behave in a certain way on their network.

OTA's are released by Google at the same time as the factory images, so if you prefer to update via OTA, you can do so via adb sideload.

a1291762

Nov 20, 2012
yasmar.net
Thanks. I know about the OTA images but extracting the boot img to Magisk patch is more annoying and the factory image works just fine.

First and Only time I was prompted to OTA was when I installed global November instead of AU November.

amphi66

Dec 17, 2010
PacNW
Google Pixel 6
Thanks. I know about the OTA images but extracting the boot img to Magisk patch is more annoying and the factory image works just fine.

First and Only time I was prompted to OTA was when I installed global November instead of AU November.
yes, although rooted with Auto Updates off in Dev Options, I also received an OTA prompt for the A12 update, but have not seen one since or previous