General Decided to sell the X80 Pro after 4 months...

Search This thread

Derpling

May 10, 2015
Huawei Mate 40 Pro
Vivo X80 Pro
Some of you know me here as i was one of the first owners of the phone, and tried to mitigate and investigate to hopefully solve some of its issues to no avail....

Android 13 has made some things better like animations, app launch time and slight improve to battery life as well as supporting Bluetooth LE.

However, I've been running this phone alongside with the mighty ROG6, and i have to say, that the ROG6 really opened my eyes to how phone SHOULD operate.

I'm not going to ramble about that here, but to sum it up, here are my main issues that are solved with a proper phone optimization(ROG6 in my case):

1) Memory Management-AD 13 improved it a bit, but it's still far cry from being good, specially with 12gb of ram, it always aims to refresh most of the apps, and you can't really rely on that for the long run.
on the other side, mine ROG6 never reloads any apps unless it requires a refresh on the main page by the API (Instgram, Facebook etc...), even with heavy games.

2) Battery life-Pretty sure we all got disappointed at some point, but it really poor specially the standby time with any SIM card, as without sim card it seems like the standby time is actually great.
SD8GEN1 is the main culprit as the SOC is pure trash, unfortunately small 4700mah battery is not enough for the might of the phone.

3) Performance across the board-slow animation, poor LTPO implantation, laggy interface, heavy throttling under some conditions.

All of those for a high-end phone are unacceptable and unfortunately, Android 13 update is the magic sauce we all hoped for.

I'll end up with some optimistic though, the next iteration of the X series might be much better with better optimization across the board, if the new SOC won't repeat the disastrous process of the SD8GEN1.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Some of you know me here as i was one of the first owners of the phone, and tried to mitigate and investigate to hopefully solve some of its issues to no avail....

Android 13 has made some things better like animations, app launch time and slight improve to battery life as well as supporting Bluetooth LE.

However, I've been running this phone alongside with the mighty ROG6, and i have to say, that the ROG6 really opened my eyes to how phone SHOULD operate.

I'm not going to ramble about that here, but to sum it up, here are my main issues that are solved with a proper phone optimization(ROG6 in my case):

1) Memory Management-AD 13 improved it a bit, but it's still far cry from being good, specially with 12gb of ram, it always aims to refresh most of the apps, and you can't really rely on that for the long run.
    on the other side, mine ROG6 never reloads any apps unless it requires a refresh on the main page by the API (Instgram, Facebook etc...), even with heavy games.

2) Battery life-Pretty sure we all got disappointed at some point, but it really poor specially the standby time with any SIM card, as without sim card it seems like the standby time is actually great.
    SD8GEN1 is the main culprit as the SOC is pure trash, unfortunately small 4700mah battery is not enough for the might of the phone.

3) Performance across the board-slow animation, poor LTPO implantation, laggy interface, heavy throttling under some conditions.

All of those for a high-end phone are unacceptable and unfortunately, Android 13 update is the magic sauce we all hoped for.

I'll end up with some optimistic though, the next iteration of the X series might be much better with better optimization across the board, if the new SOC won't repeat the disastrous process of the SD8GEN1.
    No device is perfect. Good luck with your new purchase!