• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Decryption unsuccessfull

Search This thread

alejandrorobles12

Dec 26, 2015
Cadiz
www.youtube.com
Hi guys, I have a problem with my motorola moto g5. It turns out that I upgraded to android oreo and at the time of associating the fingerprint I asked for a pin for security which I put. En el twrp me pide el pin, el cual ingresa y ya podia utilizarlo pero cuando instalo una ROM me pide el pin antes de iniciar, en nougat inicia pero en oreo me sale el siguiente mensaje:
"Decryption unsuccessful. The password you entered is correct, but unfortunately yout data is corrupt. To resume using your phone, you need to perform a factory reset, you`ll have an opportunity to restore any data that was backed up your Google Account."
I have tried all the forms that have occurred to me, hard reset with RSD Lite and the stock firmware, formatting data gives me an error. I'm desperate and I do not know what to do, can someone please help me?
SMz2LuBBWYjOJrrcXZjmL27VClDmScANTNMfhP20SRdLtpp2WVl_Ssna3j08XxHi2sCBlstjPlu3rA7mDigOI-VCBTha9XcoWtuwRlhOIzNRhfKPdKuDebDkg82C2LG5IEPeHhfUCuJeA1mGMgLVF9r_h94KO_JxVDmrpiLqYY5qdVeblKptUxZt3AxXPEDk0GWyBzRP0cRz9accbnzMbXIv6XCN-WxE1rEmd2X-84Mr1oBAXCQ7zejXtWTJpwpr4QPFoHMw3lxaE1w17j4-oozQwzZawEtOMxcTfH18Pj9KGMHTHrk_HTX7PzxgpM1Na4MG9zyewFDAnJvvsvwr-epRrK6pR8GRdaFMB6418LDeixHsYSLoqVnIHyzCiCvrZ7ioDNVphcQ6KRZ6HeRrz2nyWaaKejS1kL5zE_X36PG-XvN5YM9M1GJwbYHIlnceWqdKuoBZtQYIqd4-DHj2ksqxRi0rOsfr37rMsMGfBqfDEZzxvQQf7ws8Xjw6M3WgbS-06kX9q50YcsZdZFeQwNDEGltP8OqXXBAbawZ94utRFcKHaTOThXt6ZZRctldS8xR9zbYsc3exrJwrUu-fT3GI5TqnWuitbIJZq0SiUA=w497-h662-no

Reactions: makmm

alejandrorobles12

Dec 26, 2015
Cadiz
www.youtube.com
If you formatted some partition from F2FS to EXT4, the mobile will accuse this error. Go back to F2FS.
This error can also occur if you have not made all the necessary WIPES.

Thanks for your input, and make erase data in F2FS, but it does not let me format data to eliminate encryption. I still have the same problem, I still ask for the pin :(

TheFixItMan

Jul 8, 2012
London
gives an error because it says it is encrypted

You can also go to bootloader & connect to pc & in a terminal window type

Code:
fastboot erase userdata

Note this will delete everything on internal stoeage (music pictures downloads etc) backup to sd or pc first if you need this data

You can also flash stock rom too if you then can't remove encryption - don't flash the partition or bootloader parts but there's no reason why you shouldn't be able to go into twrp - enter your decryption key to decrypt & mount data then format that partition

Reactions: alejandrorobles12

alejandrorobles12

Dec 26, 2015
Cadiz
www.youtube.com

Code:
fastboot erase userdata

Note this will delete everything on internal stoeage (music pictures downloads etc) backup to sd or pc first if you need this data

You can also flash stock rom too if you then can't remove encryption - don't flash the partition or bootloader parts but there's no reason why you shouldn't be able to go into twrp - enter your decryption key to decrypt & mount data then format that partition

I have done exactly what you said but I still ask for the pin when installing a ROM and after putting it I get an error. I tried with the command fastboot erase data but nothing.. :(

Microsoft Windows [Versión 10.0.15063]
(c) 2017 Microsoft Corporation. Todos los derechos reservados.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>fastboot erase userdata
erasing 'userdata'...
OKAY [ 0.238s]
finished. total time: 0.239s

C:\WINDOWS\system32>fastboot erase data
< waiting for device >
erasing 'data'...
(bootloader) Permission denied
FAILED (remote failure)

TheFixItMan

Jul 8, 2012
London
I have done exactly what you said but I still ask for the pin when installing a ROM and after putting it I get an error. I tried with the command fastboot erase data but nothing.. :(

Microsoft Windows [Versión 10.0.15063]
(c) 2017 Microsoft Corporation. Todos los derechos reservados.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>fastboot erase userdata
erasing 'userdata'...
OKAY [ 0.238s]
finished. total time: 0.239s

C:\WINDOWS\system32>fastboot erase data
< waiting for device >
erasing 'data'...
(bootloader) Permission denied
FAILED (remote failure)

Flash stock rom firmware (except partition & bootloader part) boot phone fully then flash TWRP & format all partitions

Reactions: alejandrorobles12

alejandrorobles12

Dec 26, 2015
Cadiz
www.youtube.com
Flash stock rom firmware (except partition & bootloader part) boot phone fully then flash TWRP & format all partitions

I thank you for your help and the time you have invested in me but fortunately and managed to decrypt by using a command with adb and then it has left me to format the data, eliminating with it all traces of encryption. :victory:
Here I leave the command and the source of where I got it in case someone could get through:
Code:
adb shell recovery --wipe_data --set_filesystem_encryption=off
If you need to run it from the phone itself (ie: you don't have a computer nearby to adb with):
Code:
recovery --wipe_data --set_filesystem_encryption=off

https://android.stackexchange.com/questions/98228/removing-encryption-from-recovery

Reactions: MpS005

MpS005

Aug 22, 2018
New Delhi
I thank you for your help and the time you have invested in me but fortunately and managed to decrypt by using a command with adb and then it has left me to format the data, eliminating with it all traces of encryption. :victory:
Here I leave the command and the source of where I got it in case someone could get through:
Code:
adb shell recovery --wipe_data --set_filesystem_encryption=off
If you need to run it from the phone itself (ie: you don't have a computer nearby to adb with):
Code:
recovery --wipe_data --set_filesystem_encryption=off

https://android.stackexchange.com/questions/98228/removing-encryption-from-recovery

Did this method formatted your Internal Storage(files, songs, pictures, documents .etc)?

A3G0N

Jun 21, 2019
Please help me

Removing encryption will format internal storage - that's the whole point of encryption - it encrypts internal storage - you format data including user data to remove encryption you will loose everything on internal storage

My guy i have the same issue plus adb is giving me an error saying "no devices/emulators found" :(:( can you please tell me how i can run the command on my phone any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

TheFixItMan

Jul 8, 2012
London
My guy i have the same issue plus adb is giving me an error saying "no devices/emulators found" :(:( can you please tell me how i can run the command on my phone any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

ADB will only work if your phone is in recovery mode or fully booted normally

If you are in bootloader mode you need to use fastboot commands

I've no idea what you are trying to achieve

If you want to remove encryption either format data in twrp (wipe than select option on the right to format data)

Or use the fastboot command with your phone in fastboot mode
fastboot erase userdata

This will erase everything on internal storage - once your phone has booted you can encrypt it again if you wish to

Bhagyesh dantani

May 28, 2019
Help me asap!

ADB will only work if your phone is in recovery mode or fully booted normally

If you are in bootloader mode you need to use fastboot commands

I've no idea what you are trying to achieve

If you want to remove encryption either format data in twrp (wipe than select option on the right to format data)

Or use the fastboot command with your phone in fastboot mode
fastboot erase userdata

This will erase everything on internal storage - once your phone has booted you can encrypt it again if you wish to

so bro same thing is happening with me my MOTO g6 is showing decryption unsuccessful. and i just run bootloader and TWRP Help fast and i try all thing but not helped me i need help pls save my phone :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:confused::confused:.

TheFixItMan

Jul 8, 2012
London
so bro same thing is happening with me my MOTO g6 is showing decryption unsuccessful. and i just run bootloader and TWRP Help fast and i try all thing but not helped me i need help pls save my phone :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:confused::confused:.

The answer is already in the post you quoted

Format data! Not wipe data - it must be formatted to remove encryption (which also wipes internal storage)

Or just flash your stock firmware - either way you will be formatting data

Last edited:

andzada

Nov 12, 2020
Hello I am Brazilian so forgive me for the english of google translator, you helped me a lot, I had the same problem and only with this step I managed to reverse the decryption. You really helped me, even after 3 years of making this comment

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you formatted some partition from F2FS to EXT4, the mobile will accuse this error. Go back to F2FS.
    This error can also occur if you have not made all the necessary WIPES.
    Did this method formatted your Internal Storage(files, songs, pictures, documents .etc)?

Removing encryption will format internal storage - that's the whole point of encryption - it encrypts internal storage - you format data including user data to remove encryption you will loose everything on internal storage
    Hi guys, I have a problem with my motorola moto g5. It turns out that I upgraded to android oreo and at the time of associating the fingerprint I asked for a pin for security which I put. En el twrp me pide el pin, el cual ingresa y ya podia utilizarlo pero cuando instalo una ROM me pide el pin antes de iniciar, en nougat inicia pero en oreo me sale el siguiente mensaje:
    "Decryption unsuccessful. The password you entered is correct, but unfortunately yout data is corrupt. To resume using your phone, you need to perform a factory reset, you`ll have an opportunity to restore any data that was backed up your Google Account."
    I have tried all the forms that have occurred to me, hard reset with RSD Lite and the stock firmware, formatting data gives me an error. I'm desperate and I do not know what to do, can someone please help me?
    SMz2LuBBWYjOJrrcXZjmL27VClDmScANTNMfhP20SRdLtpp2WVl_Ssna3j08XxHi2sCBlstjPlu3rA7mDigOI-VCBTha9XcoWtuwRlhOIzNRhfKPdKuDebDkg82C2LG5IEPeHhfUCuJeA1mGMgLVF9r_h94KO_JxVDmrpiLqYY5qdVeblKptUxZt3AxXPEDk0GWyBzRP0cRz9accbnzMbXIv6XCN-WxE1rEmd2X-84Mr1oBAXCQ7zejXtWTJpwpr4QPFoHMw3lxaE1w17j4-oozQwzZawEtOMxcTfH18Pj9KGMHTHrk_HTX7PzxgpM1Na4MG9zyewFDAnJvvsvwr-epRrK6pR8GRdaFMB6418LDeixHsYSLoqVnIHyzCiCvrZ7ioDNVphcQ6KRZ6HeRrz2nyWaaKejS1kL5zE_X36PG-XvN5YM9M1GJwbYHIlnceWqdKuoBZtQYIqd4-DHj2ksqxRi0rOsfr37rMsMGfBqfDEZzxvQQf7ws8Xjw6M3WgbS-06kX9q50YcsZdZFeQwNDEGltP8OqXXBAbawZ94utRFcKHaTOThXt6ZZRctldS8xR9zbYsc3exrJwrUu-fT3GI5TqnWuitbIJZq0SiUA=w497-h662-no
    Thanks for your input, and make erase data in F2FS, but it does not let me format data to eliminate encryption. I still have the same problem, I still ask for the pin :(

You must format data (different from wipe data)
    Go into twrp
    Select wipe
    Select format data (option on right hand side)
    gives an error because it says it is encrypted

Code:
    fastboot erase userdata