Question Default folder attaching pics

Search This thread

3dd1

Mar 24, 2012
Andover
Google Pixel 6
Hi all, when I attach an image in my web browser, (doesn't seem to matter which browser) or where I previously attached an image from, when I select browse, from the but that says "select image" it always opens the same folder, is there anyway to set it to default from the top level where you choose whether Pixel 6, recent, attached cloud accounts, etc please? It's a pain keep having you navigate back from the same folder every time.

nutzfreelance

Mar 6, 2022
pretty sure android 12 restricts where you can read/save things from apps.
its a "security" feature.
so no more custom download folders outside of the oem "download" dir.
some much old apps still dont follow the rules for android 12 and that's allowed it seems.( for the time being)
but no updated apps should encourage you read/save things anywhere you like.

i could be wrong but that was how it was explained to me

Last edited:

3dd1

Mar 24, 2012
Andover
Google Pixel 6
pretty sure android 12 restricts where you can read/save things from apps.
its a "security" feature.
so no more custom download folders outside of the oem "download" dir.
some much old apps still dont follow the rules for android 12 and that's allowed it seems.( for the time being)
but no updated apps should encourage you read/save things anywhere you like.

i could be wrong but that was how it was explained to me
This isn't to download, this folder is the one which opens when I want to upload a file, for example I use Facebook in the browser rather than the app and it always opens this folder when I want to upload a photo and I don't want it to be this one.

nutzfreelance

Mar 6, 2022
This isn't to download, this folder is the one which opens when I want to upload a file, for example I use Facebook in the browser rather than the app and it always opens this folder when I want to upload a photo and I don't want it to be this one.
up or down newer android wants to restrict where apps read or write.
where you start out is where they want you to put stuff for that app.