Definitive Fix for Low on Space error?

Search This thread

TheWhiteBandito

Retired Recognized Developer
Jun 15, 2010
NY/CT
Hey All,

I am baffled. Anytime I try a Sense ROM, whether it's a stock 1.0 all the way to a 3.0 rom, my phone runs into the Low Space Error.

I have used the RUU to go back to stock and that didn't solve anything. Once I receive the notification, I move some apps to the SD card, and it fixes it for about 8-16 hours because the notification is back.

Typically, I have around 60 apps on my phone. Now, the one culprit I see sometimes (and have heard of it causing problems before) is Facebook contact syncing. I have about 250 contacts in my phone and something like 950 Facebook friends. When I sync, I have seen contact storage database in the applications settings pane go up to ~25-30mb in size. But here's my problem, it still reports that I have ~200-300mb free for applications anyway.

This has never happened to me on AOSP roms, ONLY sense roms. I really want to transition back to Sense for a bit, but this bug is making it impossible for me.

So XDA, have we ever found an actual solution to this mess or am I stuck on AOSP roms until my upgrade in January?

TheWhiteBandito

Retired Recognized Developer
Jun 15, 2010
NY/CT
I've never heard of one size fits all fix but I did see something pop up on this topic that MAY be of interest. Possibly worth a look anyway:

http://androidforums.com/incredible...on-data-space-low-unbelievable-find-root.html

Thank you for the link, but I don't think that that is the root of my problem. Since that file is located in /data/data, I wipe that every time I flash a different rom, so there's nothing there anyway. However, it might be worth a look when I flash a Sense rom to see if it maybe has blown up excessively, more so than what it reports in the Applications listing.