Definitive guide to Rooting the Gear S

Search This thread

evan112

Nov 30, 2013
have tried without luck, the version isn't the same.

Did you try flashing original firmware from sammmobile SM-R750 R750XXU1BOC1_R750OKA1BOC1 - SK Telecom?? Before flashing the rooted one

---------- Post added at 07:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 AM ----------

Did you try flashing original firmware from sammmobile SM-R750 R750XXU1BOC1_R750OKA1BOC1 - SK Telecom?? Before flashing the rooted one

Hello again i have the same firmware like you R750XXU2BOK1. I was wondering if i can downgrade to SM-R750 R750XXU1BOC1_R750OKA1BOC1 - then flashing the rooted SM-R750 R750XXU1BOC1_R750OKA1BOC1 - SK Telecom??

Bph&co

Apr 14, 2012
Hi guys,

Does anyone have a copy of the actual rooting guide ? First post links to some 'under construction' image. Thanks!

Bph&co

Apr 14, 2012
Yes, I'll have it back up shortly. My host was getting pummeled with download request because other sites were linking right off of my post.

Hi,

Thanks for the fast response! No rush really. I only need the Compass app and fitness features. All else is off to save battery.

BR

asztalos

Nov 15, 2016
Hi everybody. Today I've bought a Samsung Gear S, model SM-R750T. The problem is I cannot root my device. It would be essential in order to unlock it. I have searched all the internet but this topic would be the most relevant in resolving my issue.
Unfortunately the first page is still "under construction". Could someone please help me to root my device?
I would be really thankful. Thanks in advance! :good:

cipherswitch

Dec 26, 2009
Hi everybody. Today I've bought a Samsung Gear S, model SM-R750T. The problem is I cannot root my device. It would be essential in order to unlock it. I have searched all the internet but this topic would be the most relevant in resolving my issue.
Unfortunately the first page is still "under construction". Could someone please help me to root my device?
I would be really thankful. Thanks in advance! :good:

I'm working on the original post. Just been caught up with work. Root and unlocking are two totally unrelated things. Your best bet is just to purchase an unlock code online from one of the many providers out there, that's what I've done twice now. The watch just asks for an unlock code when you put in the sim from another carrier.

Last edited:
Reactions: asztalos

Jhfreeze

Oct 30, 2014
Texas
Hi! Upgrading the start post since 1 week!? Wan't to root my Gear S but couldn't find right information. Is this the right way!?

No, that link takes you to a site to install android wear, this thread is to root tizen...once it's done. Thanks cipherswitch for updating, I've made a lot of cool icon packs/sounds from having your root. Maybe we can find a way with wifi Odin to root s2/s3.

vice86

Feb 20, 2012
Are the instructions for rooting the ol' Gear S gone? I just see the graphic saying re-doing all the info.

EDIT: Googled for about 1/2 hour tonight and it seems THIS is really the only darn thread that shows you how to root a Gear S. Can't find anything else. And unfortunately the instructions aren't updated here :(

Last edited:

vice86

Feb 20, 2012
Ok, watching a German video (i speak no German, it was the only helpful video) I figured it out for the most part. ODIN'd the firmware for my phone and then dragged the Alerts i wanted to the Alerts folder and used SDB and the Update Alerts script to get the Alerts i wanted on my phone.

Yay.

Last edited:

cipherswitch

Dec 26, 2009
No, that link takes you to a site to install android wear, this thread is to root tizen...once it's done. Thanks cipherswitch for updating, I've made a lot of cool icon packs/sounds from having your root. Maybe we can find a way with wifi Odin to root s2/s3.

Sorry, but I can't find a guide to root my Gear S. Here I've found only stuff to download.

Are the instructions for rooting the ol' Gear S gone? I just see the graphic saying re-doing all the info.

EDIT: Googled for about 1/2 hour tonight and it seems THIS is really the only darn thread that shows you how to root a Gear S. Can't find anything else. And unfortunately the instructions aren't updated here :(

Ok, watching a German video (i speak no German, it was the only helpful video) I figured it out for the most part. ODIN'd the firmware for my phone and then dragged the Alerts i wanted to the Alerts folder and used SDB and the Update Alerts script to get the Alerts i wanted on my phone.

Yay.

I've found a rooted rom for the R-750 in english. Pm me if anyone needs it..

after getting totally pummeled with PM's, I just put the old version back up for now. Basically theres a ton of other sites hotlinking off my download links and killing my provider ( 82,390 downloads since 12/14) . I pay for the bandwidth out of my own pocket so its pretty annoying. Old version is back up, I'm still working on a more streamlined version.

I'm kind of in the middle of moving to another city, once I'm settled in again then I'll update all the software versions with the more current stuff. That and after the explosive Note 7 issues, I switched phones and I no longer use Samsung and am yet to get the Gear Manager to work on my Moto.

Last edited:

kmitchell74

Jan 7, 2009
Alabama
Just flashed the T-Mobile firmware to my AT&T watch. Was nervous, but all went well. Now, I'm working on finding a way to put custom notification sounds on the watch. Thanks to the OP for the instructions.

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone