DefyBatt & DefyLivepaper - Battery Widget & Livewallpaper for Defy scaling in 1% Step

Search This thread

rznag

Dec 1, 2010
DefyBatt & DefyLivepaper - Battery Widget & Livewallpaper for Defy scaling in 1% Step

I wrote a Battery Widget for the Defy scaling in 1% Steps.
It`s quite simple at the moment, but was just for me.
So, if someone wants to have it, here`s the download:
http://db.tt/v8WROJt

Version 1.1:
-More Styles (Numbers, Numbers + %, Text)
-More Colours

Version 1.2:
-Choose Size

Screenshot (Widget on left side middle): 58%

create-qr-code

If you like to get automatic updates or to donate something to me, i have a version for 0,50€ in the Market.
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.rznag.deffbatt
But will also update this file here, if i have a new version available.

Now also as livewallpaper:
URL=http://www.pic-upload.de/view-8817036/snap20110208_174901.png.html]
2c14wo6q8c6p.png
[/URL]

Link to apk:
Dropbox - DefyLiveWallpaper.apk - Online backup, file sync, and sharing made easy.

or as qr:
create-qr-code

marketlink: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.rznag.liveDefy

Last edited:

rznag

Dec 1, 2010
No, just download. If Dropbox cuts the .apk you`ll have to add it manually.
Happened to some people on german forum. Install it like every other app.
Add as widget to homescreen.

chaihg

Nov 15, 2010
Guys you built such wonderful apps and never oublished it. Both of them are beautiful. Thanks again

Sent from my ME525 using XDA App

martinml

Sep 10, 2010
How does it work? I mean, is the % real? Or does it estimate it, like Battery Left?

Edit: okay, I'll answer myself, you're using /sys/class/power_supply/battery/charge_counter. I didn't know about its existence! Great work! I wonder if we could modify the original Motorola APK to read that instead of /sys/class/power_supply/battery/capacity, so we don't need any extra software, hmm...

Edit 2: I was curious and searched. There seem to be two places where "capacity" is used. They are in /xbin/ssmgrd and /bin/charge_only_mode, both binaries. Would it be possible to hex-edit the "capacity" string to "charge_counter"?

Edit 3: whoops, somebody already thought of this. I'll take the discussion there so I don't hijack your thread :)

Last edited:

Perilla_

Mar 31, 2009
Cádiz

chaihg

Nov 15, 2010
Great work as I said before. But here is some feedback to keep you chewing :)

I have no complaints regarding the widget that shows the percentage on home screen, but the other widget in the notification bar looks really good but works less. It gets stuck at times and we have to launch it again to check if its doing fine. After a long standby, it shows "FULL" even though the battery is in very low state. We need to launch the app from notification bar to get it showing the real % again.

Thats it for now. :)

gdodinet

Sep 16, 2010
gilles.dodinet.fr
New Version
-Choose Size
See Post 1

Thanks ! Looks great now :)

I have no complaints regarding the widget that shows the percentage on home screen, but the other widget in the notification bar looks really good but works less. It gets stuck at times and we have to launch it again to check if its doing fine. After a long standby, it shows "FULL" even though the battery is in very low state. We need to launch the app from notification bar to get it showing the real % again.

Thats it for now. :)

Actually i experiment the same issue with Circle Battery widget. However i just realized i hadn't excluded it from the task killer (didn't use any with froyo on desire but seems like i need one with 2.1). If you're using a task killer, maybe this is worth checking.

chaihg

Nov 15, 2010
Thanks ! Looks great now :)

Actually i experiment the same issue with Circle Battery widget. However i just realized i hadn't excluded it from the task killer (didn't use any with froyo on desire but seems like i need one with 2.1). If you're using a task killer, maybe this is worth checking.
I never used a task killer after knowing what they do to your apps. :)

Sent from my ME525 using XDA App

karx23

Oct 14, 2010
Thank you for this nice widget.

Although my phone says it's fully charged, the widget says it's only 94%. I wonder what motorola is doing???

Also, your widget goes to 101% when fully charged. I don't know if it's a phone's bug or just your wigdet.

Could you also add some features when press the widget? Like show the battery use?

Alessandro71

Aug 7, 2009
Can you add some kind of battery charging monitor? I mean, when the phone is docked and charging you can't see the battery level unless you reach the phone and turn the screen on. Can you use the notification led such as when charging it blinks red and then steady green once fully charged?

Sent from my MB525 using XDA App

rznag

Dec 1, 2010
Thank you for this nice widget.

Although my phone says it's fully charged, the widget says it's only 94%. I wonder what motorola is doing???

Also, your widget goes to 101% when fully charged. I don't know if it's a phone's bug or just your wigdet.

Could you also add some features when press the widget? Like show the battery use?

1. I know, thats motorola related. The moto batterydisplay shows full when you reach 95% and switchs to full. My widget shows all the time the real value.
So it`s no bug in my widget, it`s motorola. Perhaps it`s to protect the battery in case of overcharge ?!

2. It`s planned to add this feature, but at the moment i`m ill. So you have to wait.

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone