• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[*** delete me ***]

Search This thread

Lexmazter

Retired Recognized Developer
Aug 7, 2011
Timisoara
Credits and More

Credits

This project is the result of the work done by me, [highlight]Lexmazter[/highlight] and helped by [highlight]anders3408[/highlight].

More credits for this project go to:
-[highlight]Lloir[/highlight] - helping me build the device tree for CM9 which i used to build the recovery.
-[highlight]TeamWin[/highlight] and especially [highlight]Dees_Troy[/highlight] - for making this awesome recovery and for making our work official.

If you are grateful for this work, thank both of us, and the people mentioned there, just for the sake of it.

If you want to contribute or look over the sources we worked on, check here.

FAQ:
Q:Is this recovery a touch version of CWM?
No, it is not a touch version of CWM, but it has touch and some other nice stuff.

Q:I have this hboot or that hboot, will this work for me?
Yes, this recovery supports all the hboots available for this device.

Q:Can i flash this or that ROM/MOD/Kernel with this recovery?
Yes, if it doesn't work, it's probably not for our device and the mounting points are not compatible.

Q:Is this better than CWM?
This is a matter of taste, but you could say it's better because it has more features.

Q:From where can i download themes for it?
Check the web if you find themes for the resolution [highlight]480x800[/highlight], if not, recommend them here and maybe we will port them :)

Q:Why does the pictures above show a different version than the thread title?
The pictures are generic and will be updated only when major changes occur to the recovery.

Last edited:

shingers5

Recognized Contributor
Awesome job as I used on all my phones. Love ability to flash more than one zip at a time and all wipe function in one place, combo wipes etc. Very good and highly recommended. What have you added that this doesn't already do? Great work guys really is

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

g.andy

Dec 21, 2010
Catania
Hello and congratulations for the excellent work.
I have a Sensation XL with official rom ICS 4.0.3. with this configuration:
HBOOT: 1.28.0006;
RADIO 3831.16.0016_M

I plan to unlock your device (from htc dev site), but my question is:
This recovery can install it on my end or is it just for HBOOT 1.25 (GB)?

Lexmazter

Aug 7, 2011
Timisoara
Hello and congratulations for the excellent work.
I have a Sensation XL with official rom ICS 4.0.3. with this configuration:
HBOOT: 1.28.0006;
RADIO 3831.16.0016_M

I plan to unlock your device (from htc dev site), but my question is:
This recovery can install it on my end or is it just for HBOOT 1.25 (GB)?

There is a FAQ in the second post, please read it, there is clearly stated that this recovery works on ALL hboots!

Reactions: g.andy

g.andy

Dec 21, 2010
Catania
Thanks.
The step for flash custom ROM are?
Unlock bootloader.
Flash this recovery via fastboot.
Flash supersu.zip ( for root).
Full wipe.
Flash custom ROM.

Inviato dal mio multiboot HD2

Lexmazter

Aug 7, 2011
Timisoara
Thanks.
The step for flash custom ROM are?
Unlock bootloader.
Flash this recovery via fastboot.
Flash supersu.zip ( for root).
Full wipe.
Flash custom ROM.

Inviato dal mio multiboot HD2

Please read the thread, are the informations are here.

There is another easy alternative, you unlock bootloader >> install goo manager from Google Play (market), and in goo manager hit settings and install openScriptRecovery, something should appear, hit next, next, ok, ok, apply, apply and there you are :)

anders3408

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 15, 2009
Jerslev
also what i did think :) backup files is also a diffrent format in twrp than cwm :) and remeber guys backup can be sized down like if you put something in a zip file :) only thing is it take a little bit longer :) but i tested and a normal that filled 700 mb was only arround 350 mb big when using that

shingers5

Recognized Contributor
You can try but im 99% sure that you cant.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using xda premium

sometimes its best to say you dont know mate...............makes you gain respect! lex knew and i know but you shouldnt give answers based n assumptions! i have actually tried this to test a while back and it is not possible. cwm backups and twrp are done differently hence the reason why

Lexmazter

Aug 7, 2011
Timisoara
sometimes its best to say you dont know mate...............makes you gain respect! lex knew and i know but you shouldnt give answers based n assumptions! i have actually tried this to test a while back and it is not possible. cwm backups and twrp are done differently hence the reason why

I also tested this :), as i had multiple backups from CWM 5/6 and TWRP, and stock CWM 6 are not compatible with CWM 5 and others, but CWM 5 are compatible with CWM 6.

Hope this helps :)

Reactions: shingers5

Dunnymede

Jun 30, 2012
World
Well that's not a big problem. I'm going to restore previous backups with CWM and then backup again with TWRP. It takes a bit longer, as I have to switch through different recoveries, but then I will have all my backups ported

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    *** delete me ***
    Credits and More

Credits

This project is the result of the work done by me, [highlight]Lexmazter[/highlight] and helped by [highlight]anders3408[/highlight].

More credits for this project go to:
    -[highlight]Lloir[/highlight] - helping me build the device tree for CM9 which i used to build the recovery.
    -[highlight]TeamWin[/highlight] and especially [highlight]Dees_Troy[/highlight] - for making this awesome recovery and for making our work official.

If you are grateful for this work, thank both of us, and the people mentioned there, just for the sake of it.

If you want to contribute or look over the sources we worked on, check here.

FAQ:
    Q:Is this recovery a touch version of CWM?
    No, it is not a touch version of CWM, but it has touch and some other nice stuff.

Q:I have this hboot or that hboot, will this work for me?
    Yes, this recovery supports all the hboots available for this device.

Q:Can i flash this or that ROM/MOD/Kernel with this recovery?
    Yes, if it doesn't work, it's probably not for our device and the mounting points are not compatible.

Q:Is this better than CWM?
    This is a matter of taste, but you could say it's better because it has more features.

Q:From where can i download themes for it?
    Check the web if you find themes for the resolution [highlight]480x800[/highlight], if not, recommend them here and maybe we will port them :)

Q:Why does the pictures above show a different version than the thread title?
    The pictures are generic and will be updated only when major changes occur to the recovery.
    @anders3408 please update the thread as 2.6 version is released for quite some time. Or change ownership of the thread. Thanks!

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Hi there,

I recently had the need to flash a stock-like ROM on my device as i gave it to my dad and i was using TWRP as always, and i had the classic problem that couldn't flash a zip and I figured out that the problem is inside the updater-binary, for some reason, TWRP doesn't support anymore some older updater-binary so i would advise all devs to use the [highlight]AOSP[/highlight] updater-binary, i also provide a updater-script as a model as some commands are changed a little bit, see the attachment.

Hope this helps.

(Note: The updater-binary and updater-script are from Evervolv ROM, but any other AOSP build should do.)
    Thank you. By the way, what if I want to backup just the kernel? Is it possible? What do I have to select in recovery?

Yes, with twrp is possible to backup only the kernel, you need to backup Boot.