[DELETE or CLOSE THREAD] [SOLVED] Compiling CyanogenMod - repo sync

Search This thread

cordell12

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 22, 2010
Dayton, TX
I want to compile my own CM9 roms, when CD to android/system I initialize the repo. The repo gets set up in home/corey rather than android/system, where I am CD'd too according to THIS guide, the CyanogenMOD wiki. So when I repo sync all the files/folders end up in home directory rather than android/system. Can anyone give me some incite as to why this is happening, is my PATH screwed up? I have no idea what the problem is, I do know when its time to CD to cd ~/android/system/device/samsung/toro/ that folder is not there, the folder is just out in the open in home/corey :confused:

Help Please!

corey@corey-desktop:~/android/system$ repo init -u git://github.com/CyanogenMod/android.git -b ics

Your Name [corey]:
Your Email [corey@corey-desktop.(none)]:

Your identity is: corey <corey@corey-desktop.(none)>
is this correct [y/N]? y

repo initialized in /home/corey
corey@corey-desktop:~/android/system$

SOLUTION I went into home and did a Ctrl H I then located repo and repoconfig and deleted the two. Started the guide over and BINGO lol

Last edited:

kaluoshi

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 2, 2011
South Italy
I want to compile my own CM9 roms, when CD to android/system I initialize the repo. The repo gets set up in home/corey rather than android/system, where I am CD'd too according to THIS guide, the CyanogenMOD wiki. So when I repo sync all the files/folders end up in home directory rather than android/system. Can anyone give me some incite as to why this is happening, is my PATH screwed up? I have no idea what the problem is, I do know when its time to CD to cd ~/android/system/device/samsung/toro/ that folder is not there, the folder is just out in the open in home/corey :confused:

Help Please!

corey@corey-desktop:~/android/system$ repo init -u git://github.com/CyanogenMod/android.git -b ics

Your Name [corey]:
Your Email [corey@corey-desktop.(none)]:

Your identity is: corey <corey@corey-desktop.(none)>
is this correct [y/N]? y

repo initialized in /home/corey
corey@corey-desktop:~/android/system$

SOLUTION I went into home and did a Ctrl H I then located repo and repoconfig and deleted the two. Started the guide over and BINGO lol
i've the same problem, could someone help? thanks

---------- Post added at 04:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:08 PM ----------

i've found this
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4506024/after-repo-sync-there-are-no-files-in-the-directory
not jet tested btw