• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Deleted DCIM folder by mistake. How to solve It ?

Search This thread

r12500

Jun 18, 2012
Hello! i sold my mi max 2 and before sending it and to be sure that i have deleted all of my personal stuff on the phone i booted into recovery and wiped SD card and Internal memory/storage. and by doing so the new owner of the phone can't take photos with the camera and can't download apps from playstore on to the storage because there is no " DCIM " folder. how to solve this anyone that knows ? pls help because i feel terrible about it and i want to help the new owner. :eek:

Thanks in advance.

ekin_strops

Apr 29, 2016
Munich
Apps have nothing to do with DCIM folder. Even if that folder is missing, he can still download apps from playstore and put files. There is other problem. Format Storage, factory reset, and try again.

reversegear

Jul 17, 2011
Xiaomi Mi Max 2
Hello! i sold my mi max 2 and before sending it and to be sure that i have deleted all of my personal stuff on the phone i booted into recovery and wiped SD card and Internal memory/storage. and by doing so the new owner of the phone can't take photos with the camera and can't download apps from playstore on to the storage because there is no " DCIM " folder. how to solve this anyone that knows ? pls help because i feel terrible about it and i want to help the new owner. :eek:

Thanks in advance.
Make sure the required permissions are granted for the camera app
Downloading apps from playstore got nothing to do with DCIM folder

r12500

Jun 18, 2012
Apps have nothing to do with DCIM folder. Even if that folder is missing, he can still download apps from playstore and put files. There is other problem. Format Storage, factory reset, and try again.

apperantly it's just the apps that require permissions to use the SDcard or want access to photos. such as " facebook ", " Messenger " and so on.