• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

General Deleted*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Aryannn999

Aug 21, 2018
BE3pE0l.png

Code:
*** Disclaimer
I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device
You have been warned

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today

Features:
https://github.com/crdroidandroid/crdroid_features/blob/11.0/README.mkdn

Flashing Instructions:

Pre-installation:

First time installation:

• Copy crDroid zip, gapps zip to your device
  • Boot into Recovery
  • Format Data
  • Flash ROM
  • Flash gapps (Optional)
  • Flash magisk (optional)
  • Reboot and Enjoy

Update installation:

• Copy crDroid zip to your device
  • flash it via custom recovery
  • clean cache (optional)
  • Reboot

Sources:
ROM: https://github.com/crdroidandroid
Kernel: kernel url thanks
grewal
Github: Lavish

Download:
ROM: https://crdroid.net/sweet

Changelog:
- Android June 2021 Security update
- Based on crDroid 7.7
- Merged latest changes from @grewal
- Updated fingerprint
- Adjusted AOD brightness
- Added burn in protection
- Enabled adaptive sleep
- Some performance tweaks to make UI smoother

Known issues:
- None
- If found any tell me

Support:
Telegram

Visit official website @ crDroid.net
crDroid Community Telegram
crDroid Updates Channel
Donate to help our team pay server costs

Screenshots:-
Perro👍

Reactions: lavishkumar

ManuD_Linux

Apr 11, 2006
Near Nancy, France
Hello,

Glad to find crDroid on my Note 10 pro (after having it on my Note5 pro and on my Note 8T, both in my kids' hands now).

Small additional information for beginners:

1) after having formatted the data (and answered "yes"), it is necessary to reboot on the Recovery before installing crDroid

2) If you come from "Arrow" ROM, you can't directly install crDroid. Indeed, Arrow OS changes things in the "vendor" partition, while the installation of cdDroid doesn't seem to affect this partition. I tried to switch directly from Arrow to crDroid, but the phone was rebooting on Recovery. The best is to flash MIUI. Then (no need to start on it) you can flash crDroid.

3) Finally, I have already had several issues after updates crDroid on my other phones (dirty flash), because of the encryption. Now, to protect from problems, I deactivate the encryption (especially with the Note 10 pro, TWRP seems to be still in beta). Usually, to turn off encryption, I would use #dfe. But it doesn't work in this case. So, I recommend that you use "rmcrypt.zip" found in the "Arrow" forum, and which I attach to you in this post.
Important note: If you are using "mcrypt.zip" to turn off encryption, turn off OTA updates. You have to update manually, because you have to relaunch mcrypt after each system update.

Otherwise, the ROM seems to work pretty well. With the exception of the camera: as with other ROMs: selfies are limited to 4 Mpixs (even with GCam).

Enjoy :)

Manu D.

Attachments

• rmcrypt.zip
    1.6 KB · Views: 26

jeryll

Dec 23, 2010
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
Redmi Note 10 Pro
nice and smooth rom. only problem i got: i can't use the bank app because say the phone is rooted(but i cant find magisk)

:

Thanks for this ROM !

I have the same problem with my bank app, I don't known why, device is not rooted.
hmm, both of my banking apps working just fine using magisk hide & hide and rename magisk manager app, so not sure why it's not working for you...

check if your device passes safetynet test either with or without magisk, selinux should be enforcing

LeDiable

Feb 18, 2010
Mumbai
All in all, love it! Thank you!

Two issues that I found:
Sound is a bit distorted in comparison with Arrow OS or stock.
Brightness lives its own life, needs constant tweaking.
Good sense of humor! Yes, the brightness issue raises its head in all ROMs like birth pangs in a baby.

I'm waiting with bated breath for the OSS version to come up next month before I migrate from Arrow. Don't want to keep backing.restoring my data every other day.

Reactions: lavishkumar

iRet

Jun 16, 2012
Krasnoyarsk
kaleda.ru
Decided to give another try. Brightness is not that terrible this time.

Stumbled upon non-working Android Auto.
This is a common LOS problem according to the net and might be caused by gapps.

Last edited:

ManuD_Linux

Apr 11, 2006
Near Nancy, France
Hello,

I experimented a big issue.

I was under crDroid 7.7 with rmcrypt.zip to be sure to have no problem with encryption.

I tryed to update manually to version 7.8 (with the same rmcrypt.zip) and the system stayed frozzen at boot on the colored eye (colors loop again and again for hours).

After this bad experience, I tryed again to update without rmcrypt.zip : same result.

But after that, my data was unaccessible. The only solution was to format and came back to v7.7. It was impossible to install v 7.8 :-(

Of course, I need to reinstall and setup all my apps. Was it a problem with gapps and my uncrypted system ?

So, is it possible to have a vanilla version of v7.8 ?

Thanks by advanced,

Manu D.

jeryll

Dec 23, 2010
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Hello,

I experimented a big issue.

I was under crDroid 7.7 with rmcrypt.zip to be sure to have no problem with encryption.

I tryed to update manually to version 7.8 (with the same rmcrypt.zip) and the system stayed frozzen at boot on the colored eye (colors loop again and again for hours).

After this bad experience, I tryed again to update without rmcrypt.zip : same result.

But after that, my data was unaccessible. The only solution was to format and came back to v7.7. It was impossible to install v 7.8 :-(

Of course, I need to reinstall and setup all my apps. Was it a problem with gapps and my uncrypted system ?

So, is it possible to have a vanilla version of v7.8 ?

Thanks by advanced,

Manu D.
latest CrDroid 7.8 is OSS vendor based, while changing vendors MIUI -> OSS clean flash is mandatory, for decryption you should use DFE, check below...

ManuD_Linux

Apr 11, 2006
Near Nancy, France
latest CrDroid 7.8 is OSS vendor based, while changing vendors MIUI -> OSS clean flash is mandatory, for decryption you should use DFE, check below...
Thank you very much, this information is important to know. I will try again with a clean flash.

NB : but even with this solution, is it possible to have a vanilla version without gapps ?

Thanks by advance... Sincerely,

Manu D.

jeryll

Dec 23, 2010
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Thank you very much, this information is important to know. I will try again with a clean flash.

NB : but even with this solution, is it possible to have a vanilla version without gapps ?

Thanks by advance... Sincerely,

Manu D.
CrDroid 7.8 has its own thread here on xda, you should discuss anything related there:

around a week ago the dev asked on telegram if we want vanilla version and when people said yes, he said "OMK will post after 2 hours" (whatever that means), but so far nothing like vanilla hadn't been released

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,

Glad to find crDroid on my Note 10 pro (after having it on my Note5 pro and on my Note 8T, both in my kids' hands now).

Small additional information for beginners:

1) after having formatted the data (and answered "yes"), it is necessary to reboot on the Recovery before installing crDroid

2) If you come from "Arrow" ROM, you can't directly install crDroid. Indeed, Arrow OS changes things in the "vendor" partition, while the installation of cdDroid doesn't seem to affect this partition. I tried to switch directly from Arrow to crDroid, but the phone was rebooting on Recovery. The best is to flash MIUI. Then (no need to start on it) you can flash crDroid.

3) Finally, I have already had several issues after updates crDroid on my other phones (dirty flash), because of the encryption. Now, to protect from problems, I deactivate the encryption (especially with the Note 10 pro, TWRP seems to be still in beta). Usually, to turn off encryption, I would use #dfe. But it doesn't work in this case. So, I recommend that you use "rmcrypt.zip" found in the "Arrow" forum, and which I attach to you in this post.
    Important note: If you are using "mcrypt.zip" to turn off encryption, turn off OTA updates. You have to update manually, because you have to relaunch mcrypt after each system update.

Otherwise, the ROM seems to work pretty well. With the exception of the camera: as with other ROMs: selfies are limited to 4 Mpixs (even with GCam).

Enjoy :)

Manu D.
    nice and smooth rom. only problem i got: i can't use the bank app because say the phone is rooted(but i cant find magisk)

:

Thanks for this ROM !

I have the same problem with my bank app, I don't known why, device is not rooted.
    hmm, both of my banking apps working just fine using magisk hide & hide and rename magisk manager app, so not sure why it's not working for you...

check if your device passes safetynet test either with or without magisk, selinux should be enforcing

:
    All in all, love it! Thank you!

Two issues that I found:
    Sound is a bit distorted in comparison with Arrow OS or stock.
    Brightness lives its own life, needs constant tweaking.