• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Delivery dates!

Search This thread

4iiiidnerd

Jul 26, 2010
Phoenix
Google Pixel 6 Pro
ordered.png

Thought it was a good idea to order later than the herd, but... also thought my 3 XL would last, but it didn't—died a couple weeks ago while I was reading a book on it. Now I survive only as a fragmented soul, forced to feed off the blood or unicorns... well, a random Google Voice number anywho, until I can plug my sim into the new phone. My first update when I ordered was for mid-January, so Dec 22 is a discount!

MarkStinger

Sep 3, 2011
Michigan
I have run into a dilemma.

Ordered the P6P Black 512GB VZW model from Google Store on November 11th
Originally scheduled for delivery November 16-17 which got moved to December 14-15

Last week I found the Google Store had earlier delivery dates for the Unlocked phones.

Ordered the P6P Black 512GB Unlocked model from Google Store on December 5th
Originally scheduled for delivery December 11 which got moved to December 14-15

I don't need, nor planned to get two phones. I thought I could get the Unlocked phone earlier so I placed that order. Now that both are scheduled to arrive the same day (pending other changes), I am concerned with keeping both orders. But, if I cancel the VZW phone I might put myself at the back of the line since the Unlocked model was just ordered.

Which would you keep? Anyone seeing recent orders being delivered sooner?

Birdsfan

Jun 3, 2010
Doylestown, PA
Originally ordered cloudy white 256 on launch day, my niece saw my phone when I received it and loved it. I decided to give the phone to her as she was moving to Costa Rica and would not be around by the time the I ordered a new one. On 11-9 I ordered a replacement cloudy white 256 with a delivery date of Dec 21-23. Not great but I figured that date would be okay and I'll look for another one in the meantime. The date has now slid to January 9-10...WTF where are all the phones?? I just ordered a black 256 from Google with a delivery Dec 14-16. I REALLY like the cloudy white but I can't keep rocking my Pixel 4XL, the battery is starting to fail.

Dave Lister

Feb 16, 2010
How long did it take to ship once your card was charged? My estimated delivery date is December 9-10 and my card was just charged about an hour ago (order date October 28).

MarkStinger

Sep 3, 2011
Michigan
I ordered the P6P Black 512 VZW from Google Store on November 11th and it is currently scheduled for delivery on December 14th. Has not shipped yet.

I then ordered the P6P Black 512 Unlocked on December 5th from Google Store and I just got notified that it shipped out today.

I'll cancel the first order but I'm surprised my order from last week is being shipped so soon.

MarkStinger

Sep 3, 2011
Michigan
Gotta admit that's a bit frustrating as it's the same phone I ordered more than a month earlier and it still hasn't shipped yet.
I agree this whole thing doesn't make sense. I kept checking their website every few days and I noticed last week that the delivery dates all moved up. Use to say nothing would arrive until end of December at the earliest then suddenly started showing delivery dates within a week. Even Best Buy has much sooner delivery dates over the past few days.

Dave Lister

Feb 16, 2010
And now I don't even have a delivery date listed on my order history, just "Your shipment was delayed. We're working to get it to you soon and will email you when it's on its way." 🤬

MarkStinger

Sep 3, 2011
Michigan
Anyone have experience with FedEx showing old shipping info but getting your phone before their site updates?

My P6P is scheduled to be delivered by today. It was shipped out last week from California, then went to Arizona, and spend several days moving around New Mexico. Early this morning it arrived in Chicago and I am in Michigan. I would think if it is still in Chicago, it is not being delivered today.

Just wondering if FedEx updates nightly and the truck might be in this area?

Edit: Nope, not today. Now FedEx shows the package as delayed with this statement:

"No scheduled delivery date available at this time."

Last edited:

MarkStinger

Sep 3, 2011
Michigan
This is the biggest cluster I have ever experienced. Still no package. Supposed to be delivered Wednesday. Wasn't even in the same state as me. Then Thursday, then Friday. Today it showed as on a Fedex truck and to be delivered. They just moved it to Monday. Google refuses to help. Fedex refuses to escalate this to someone that can find a truck with my box on it. This is a complete joke. If you haven't ordered this phone yet, move on to something else. No excuse for this garbage.

mac796

Aug 20, 2014
Long Beach
Anyone have experience with FedEx showing old shipping info but getting your phone before their site updates?

My P6P is scheduled to be delivered by today. It was shipped out last week from California, then went to Arizona, and spend several days moving around New Mexico. Early this morning it arrived in Chicago and I am in Michigan. I would think if it is still in Chicago, it is not being delivered today.

Just wondering if FedEx updates nightly and the truck might be in this area?

Edit: Nope, not today. Now FedEx shows the package as delayed with this statement:

"No scheduled delivery date available at this time."
When mine finally came. That day the shipping info finally updated. So I had no clue. Was a surprise I guess.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ordered my stormy black 256 GB 6 Pro on Jan 1. Expected delivery is Feb 02-03 :cry:
    Oh well I can admire my new Spigen Rugged Armor case while I wait :p
    Hopefully the delivery gets revised to a more favorable time frame.
    Looks like I'll be replacing my beloved Galaxy Note9 for a P6Pro... Waiting for the 512GB version to be vailable for now though becvause without a microSD slot, I'll need all the storage I can get...
    Aaaand it just became available... Ordered mine with a February 22-24 delivery date.
    Ever since the Pixel 1, I was holding out on buying another for Google to come out with a 256 GB model. By the time they did, I needed a 512 GB model minimum. I'm so happy that the P6P has that although Google should jump ahead a bit and go for 1 TB next time, so I can fit my FLAC music and my Swift app backups on my local storage at the same time. :)
    Or they could, ya know, have a microSD card slot... 🙃🙃🙃

I think I'll miss that about my Note9 even more than the headphone jack...
    :) As with every other compromise, I assume Samsung holds it over Google's head not to be *too* good, keeps them from adding certain technology so that they're not too competitive with Samsung's own phones, in exchange for Samsung selling Google the parts they're willing to for the Pixels to be built.

Of course, Samsung is making the MicroSD slot much rarer, too. Really sucks...
    That's why I decided on the pixel over something like the Note20, at this point there's really not much difference and at least the pixel gets regular updates.
    P6P black 128 from at&t. Shipped 10/22 and FedEx is showing it 20 miles away scheduled for delivery 10/23.
    Just arrived
    Mine is here. Doorbell rang about 6 mins ago. I ran to the door like kid waiting on Santa.🎅

I'm charging it now.
    Had mine arrive whilst I was at work. Came home to this. Hope everyone gets theirs soon. Loving it so far.

20211026_135638_054638.jpg
    Ladies and gents, I wish you well and hope that your wait is as short and trouble free as possible.

Thankfully in my case, my wait is over 😌
    UK 256GB Pro, ordered 19 Oct.

1635247213536.png
    I am impressed considering every Pixel phone has been a disaster disappointment.
    Not the same experience here. Pixel has been my favorite experience.