Dell Axim X50v WM6 A01 (MagLite Edition)

Search This thread

MagLite_RUS

Jun 21, 2007
Moscow
Original thread of this ROM (in Russian)

Big thanks to misar and cmonex for their work above porting WM6 into WM5 devices!

Dell Axim X50v WM6 A02 Release Candidate 2 (Mirror 1, Mirror 2) 16.09.07

Please do not install full backup from A02 RC1 version! Backup only PIM data.

Changes:
1) Fixed registry bug. Now you don't need soft reset to apply system changes.

//MagLite

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dell Axim X50v WM6 A02 Release Candidate 1 (Mirror 1, Mirror 2) 14.09.07

Please do not install full backup from A02 PR2 version! Backup only PIM data.

Changes:
1) "Wi-Fi Power ON after hard reset" bug - patched!
2) Added registry values for "chachefilt.dll" - now it's work!
3) "All Sounds fix" - added!
4) Patched some bugs with new WMP skin.

Good weekend!

Yours MagLite!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dell Axim X50v WM6 A02 Preview Release 2 (Mirror 1, Mirror 2) 10.09.07

Please do not install full backup from A02 PR1 version! Backup only PIM data.

1) "Certificates problem" - now solved!
2) "Word Completion problem" - now solved!
3) Windows Live & Messenger - now works! (Latest Build - download .cab)
4) PP changed to 4 MB (~34 MB free RAM).
5) New Transcriber (download .cab)
4) Added normal A2DP & BT Activesync friendly names. (please test it)
5) Deleted Customer Feedback.
6) Small visual changes.

Good Night!

Dell Axim X50v WM6 A02 Preview Release 1 (Mirror 1, Mirror 2) 06.09.07

1) Updated AKU, now it's last build 18508.0.7.0 (modules in xip section updated too...you see it in OS Core version)
2) Updated BT drivers and A2DP drivers. Applyed some A2DP registry tweaks.
3) Patched Wi-Fi! Now it's perfectly works!!!
4) Updated root certificates (you see it here "Start -> Settings -> System -> Certificates -> Root")
5) Changed PP Size: now it's 6 megabytes (we have ~33 MB free ram space!!!!)
6) Added Office Mobile: OneNote Mobile.
7) Deleted odyssey, Task switcher, windows update, and Splash screen (about Wi-Fi button) after hard reset.
8) Small visual changes.
9) And added new bugs

Dell Axim X50v Windows Mobile 6 Classic A01 ROM

Screenshots:

img-47281-Screen001.jpg
img-47282-Screen002.jpg
img-47283-Screen003.jpg

ROM Version:
A01 (10.08.07)
Windows Mobile Version:
Classic OS 5.2.1437 (Build 17944.0.3.1)
Page Pool:
8 MB
Free RAM Space:
~30 MB

Deleted:
1) Transcriber (download .cab)
2) Windows Live (download .cab)
3) Data Backup (download.cab)

Added:
1) Full SDHC cards support (up to 8 GB)
2) BT FTP Explorer (by HTC)

Bugs:
Searching... :)

Please, if you found bug, write bug report in this topic! It will help to improve this ROM in the future.

Attention! If you have Windows Mobile 2003SE ROM on your device, FIRST, please download THIS ARCHIVE (RAR 32.4 MB), and update your PDA to A01 Windows Mobile 5 ROM.
After that, please download official WM5 A02 ROM and update your PDA to WM5 A02 ROM.

Flashing:

Download Dell Axim X50v WM6 A01 ROM (RAR 31 MB)

1) Unpack files from archive into root of FAT32 SD-Card.
2) Insert the SD-Card into your Axim and start the SD Image Loader by Pressing Wireless + Power + Reset
3) The Image Loader will search for flash images on your SD-Card.
4) Press the action key twice, this starts the update process.
5) After the process is finished you will be asked to hard reset your device. Follow this instruction and wait for the OS to load.

Thats all!

2007 (c) MagLite

Last edited:

1337woody

Jul 29, 2007
omg ty

ohh ya cant wait to test drive this and a huge thanks for all of the hard work, because without you our devices would be sub par to their full potential. :)

satnile

Nov 30, 2006
Awesome Rom

Top job & magnificent Rom upgrade, really transformed my crawling X50v to a lightening fast, lively & responsive PDA, yet again.

Millions of thanks and kudos to MagLite.

:) :) :) :)

satnile

Axim X50v
QTEK 9100

moonlonely

Jul 17, 2007
This is amazing. I just upgraded and it runs so much more smoothly than WM5.0 A03. Of course, I haven't loaded any programs yet, but so far I'm actually thinking about NOT downgrading to WM2003SE for the first time in weeks.

frelnik

Aug 2, 2007
Thanks MagLite! You are amazing. I've been telling everyone I know about all the great work you've done.

One problem I've been having is with Windows Live. Whenever I try to sign in, I'm always told that it's unable to establish an internet connection. I'm able to connect fine over wifi with everything but Windows Live. It worked fine on WM5 A03 ROM, so it's something about WM6.

Thanks!

nl1rsd

Jul 10, 2007
Excellent!

Wow nice work MagLite. I thought that Football was leading the WM6 development but it looks you have beaten him! :D

Excellent work!

Still waiting for WM6 on X51v.... :(

wooikok

Jan 13, 2007
great work...!!!

MagLite_RUS, i'm running wm5 AO3(your version)..so to upgrade just load your boot loader and upgrade from WM5 A03 to WM6 A01?:confused:
anyway great work..will post any bugs if found...but i think won't be having any as u guys have put in much effort to iron out the problems....:)

Empel1960

Mar 7, 2007
Thanks MagLite! You are amazing. I've been telling everyone I know about all the great work you've done.

One problem I've been having is with Windows Live. Whenever I try to sign in, I'm always told that it's unable to establish an internet connection. I'm able to connect fine over wifi with everything but Windows Live. It worked fine on WM5 A03 ROM, so it's something about WM6.

Thanks!
Hi Maglite, same issue here, windows live cannot establish an internet connection, I tried via wifi and bluetooth, and no luck, otherwise is working fine, I'll post which programs I've installed

frelnik

Aug 2, 2007
Please try this Windows Live .cab (Download)

//MagLite

Unfortunately the same problem occurs with that one as well. I've also tried Windows Live version 10.6.0026.1400, which is the one I was using fine on WM5 A03, and it can't connect either. I've hard reset and tried both versions with no other software installed and it's the same problem.

I've googled the message and it seems to happen on some WM6 phones, something about it trying to connect via GPRS instead of Wifi...but that's just what one person said about their particular phone.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Good analogy. The SD card might write at 30MBps (never sure on these numbers so excuse if they're wayyy wrong) but if the ROM could only read at 20MBps then you'd only get 20MBps
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone