Dell Axim X50v WM6 A02 RTM & A03 Beta 1 (//MG)

Search This thread

MagLite_RUS

Jun 21, 2007
Moscow
Original thread of this ROM (in Russian)

Older versions of my WM6 roms (from A01 to A02)

Hi guys and gals!

Big thanks to misar, cmonex and freepk for their work above porting WM6 into WM5 devices! Thanks to my teacher .mUn. - you are real man!

Dell Axim X50v Windows Mobile 6 Classic A03 Beta 1 ROM.

Changes:

1) Updated XIP & IMGFS sections to CE OS 5.2.1933 Build 18533.0.7.0
2) New Black style.
3) Small registry tweaks.
4) Deleted Home app.

Download, mirror 1, mirror 2.

I do not have time to thoroughly test everything, and await your feedback.

//MG

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dell Axim X50v Windows Mobile 6 A02 RTM ROM

Screenshots:

img-51601-Screen001.jpg
img-51602-Screen002.jpg
img-51603-Screen003.jpg

ROM Version:
A02 (18.09.07)
Windows Mobile Version:
Classic OS 5.2.1908 (Build 18508.0.7.0)
Page Pool:
4 MB
Free RAM Space:
~34 MB

Programs:
1) Transcriber (download .cab)
2) Windows Live (download .cab)
3) Data Backup (download .cab)
4) Original WM6 WMP Skin (download .cab)
5) Easy Page Pool Editor by paveld with WM6 A01 & A02 RTM support (download)
6) CRC Calculator for Dell Axim X50v/X51v by paveld (download)

Attention! If you have Windows Mobile 2003SE ROM on your device, FIRST, please download THIS ARCHIVE (RAR 32.4 MB), and update your PDA to A01 Windows Mobile 5 ROM.
After that, please download official WM5 A02 ROM and update your PDA to WM5 A02 ROM.

Flashing:

Download Dell Axim X50v WM6 A02 RTM ROM

1) Unpack files from archive into root of FAT32 SD-Card.
2) Insert the SD-Card into your Axim and start the SD Image Loader by Pressing Wireless + Power + Reset
3) The Image Loader will search for flash images on your SD-Card.
4) Press the action key twice, this starts the update process.
5) After the process is finished you will be asked to hard reset your device. Follow this instruction and wait for the OS to load.

Thats all!

2007 (c) MagLite

Last edited:
Reactions: alienx424

Empel1960

Mar 7, 2007
Great, Maglite, I've been running your ROM's without hassle, thanks for your efforts, I'll report any bug if any.

cavyman

Jul 13, 2007
Everyone, let's try to keep this thread as uncluttered as possible!!! :D

I copied this from the original WM6 thread as it seemed to have helped some people there:

Here is the way to get into the SD Image Loader on the first try (as one try is all it should take!). This is meant to supplement MagLite's directions (step 2 through 4):

Step 1) Press and hold the Power Button + WiFi (Hardware) Button
Step 2) While holding those two buttons, QUICKLY PRESS AND RELEASE the Reset Button on the back of your Axim. The "press and release" is for all practical purposes a simple "tap" of the reset button. NO NEED TO HOLD THE RESET BUTTON IN FOR ANY LENGTH OF TIME. NO NEED TO PRESS THE RESET BUTTON MULTIPLE TIMES.
Step 3) Continue to hold the Power + WiFi buttons until you see the white screen with a blue "banner" at the top which states the SD Image Loader version
Step 4) Once you see the above screen, release all buttons and the ROM image from your SD card should be listed on the screen
Step 5) Press the Center Button (this is what is referred to as the "Action Button" or "Action Key") on the D-Pad (front directional pad on your Axim) TWICE QUICKLY
Step 6) Sit back and wait for your device to flash with the ROM

Last edited:

kunteper

Jul 6, 2007
Does not having A02 boot loader have a down side ? I still show "SD Image Update A01" ... I have succesfully updated to PR1, RC2 & RC2 .. now I am updating to RTM

Gadianton

Sep 6, 2007
FYI,

I tried pagepool 4, 6, and 8megs of the A02 RTM rom and it made no difference in the ebook page down scrolling update mentioned in the previous thread (where when scrolling an ebook the first 20% of the screen updates then pauses and then updates the rest).

I'm just gonna stick with the pp 4 version as it is very good.

I hoped that saved some people some time.

boronat

Sep 12, 2007
Activesync in running programms

Hi :

I'd read all the posts since the first release of this WM6 and I have a question about the activesync. When I sincronice the pda, the activesync programm always stay in memory. Is there any programm to close it automatically when it stops the sincronization?

The filesys problem is a big problem to the user that are using the axim all day, like me. I have too the server patch, but the pda normally once a day I have to softreset it. I read a lot with the prssreader and i use it to put my notes, use the hp48 simulator in my work and read a lot of pdf files because I do not want to wear all the papers to my home. For me the axim is very important in my life and it is with me since 3 years with 3 batteries.

Thanks to MagLite to all his work

gjw

Sep 10, 2007
When I sincronice the pda, the activesync programm always stay in memory. Is there any programm to close it automatically when it stops the sincronization?

ALL Windows Mobile programs stay in memory.
Calendar, Contacts, Calculator..... everything.
You can get 3rd-party software that actually closes programs and that will also work on ActiveSync but the OS, out of the box, only closes programs as needed when resources get too low.
Battery Bar, Pocket Plus, WisBar, and a hundred more all have program closing capabilities.

cavyman

Jul 13, 2007
Does not having A02 boot loader have a down side ? I still show "SD Image Update A01" ... I have succesfully updated to PR1, RC2 & RC2 .. now I am updating to RTM

MagLite has recommended that the A02 bootloader be used with the WM6 ROM as that is what he has used in all of his time developing the ROM.

cavyman

Jul 13, 2007
ALL Windows Mobile programs stay in memory.
Calendar, Contacts, Calculator..... everything.
You can get 3rd-party software that actually closes programs and that will also work on ActiveSync but the OS, out of the box, only closes programs as needed when resources get too low.
Battery Bar, Pocket Plus, WisBar, and a hundred more all have program closing capabilities.

And, of course, you can always close any running program by going to Start -> Settings -> Memory -> Running Programs tab.

wd4sgu

Sep 7, 2006
Rom v A02

Hi guys and gals!

Big thanks to misar, cmonex and freepk for their work above porting WM6 into WM5 devices! Thanks to my teacher .mUn. - you are real man! And thanks to my friend Football for help with the work on this ROM!

Please, if you found bug, write bug report in this topic! It will help to improve this ROM in the future.

Thats all!

2007 (c) MagLite

Thanks for the new rom. They sure are fun to experiment with!

Mike

ziele

Nov 23, 2006
1. still not able to connect with Internet via AS (usb). In IE I have this error:
The page you are looking for cannot be found due to unknon error 0x80072f78
2. internet via wifi still disappear several minutes after connection to AP. It is very strange because axim do not lost connection :/

excluding this two bugs rom works wery good. Thans Mag!

Xdenwarrior

Mar 23, 2007
I heard people said that they had system sounds randomely dissapearing from time to time (I never had that problem) in that last RC2 Rom. Is that the case with this rom as well?
Gadienton, about the ebook page down scrolling, did you have the same problem in the original WM6 A01 Rom?

Gadianton

Sep 6, 2007
I heard people said that they had system sounds randomely dissapearing from time to time (I never had that problem) in that last RC2 Rom. Is that the case with this rom as well?
Gadienton, about the ebook page down scrolling, did you have the same problem in the original WM6 A01 Rom?

No, I didn't. A01 was fine. The ebook issue appeared with PR1, as I recall.

lysiong

Jul 27, 2007
spb clone software

first of all, I'm really thanks to MagLite from his wm6 rom. anyone having this problem when using "Spb Clone", it come out error message "unable to read from file "\windows\compimeh.0409.dat" because it is blocked by the following processes:"NK.EXE" after the full backup is finish.If I'm not mistaken, it started after wm6 PR2 rom update, even this latest wm6 A02 RTM also. it work fine on previous wm6 PR1 & the A01 rom.

Last edited:

stefano92

Sep 18, 2007

Yes. I flashed the RTM yesterday, reinstalled all my softs and sound were there. This morning, at statup, system hangs, after soft reseting sounds still there but after a couple of minutes disappeared reappeared and then again disappeared. It looks like a task came in conflict with the sound driver... very strange. I installed only Button magic 2.0, TCPMP 0.71 and Resco explorer 5.31 trial.

stefano92

Sep 18, 2007
Hello again,
System is very often locked at 624Mhz in auto mode. utilisation is very slowed down. There is a task consuming ressources (probably filesys or some other). Any link with the sound disappear bug ?

Xdenwarrior

Mar 23, 2007
stefano92, I don't really think that there is such fix as for sounds dissapearing as of randomely, but this I quess could happen. I never experienced this bug before (or yet), but I do know that some people even had those problems when running Dell's WM5 A02. So, really it's not a universal bug, and has nothing to do with Maglite's Rom, unless of course it is linked to one specific software that you installed, or everyone is experiencing this bug. (like we did before with an alarm). Try searching in the forums if you can find anything that will help you.
Overall, after all of those betas, it is a very good Rom, which really doesn't have any serious bugs (well, to my opinion). The Rom is actually fast by itself, but the compaction thread is teririble. I find it here worse then it was in WM6 A01. I really think it's due to a small page pool, considering that I run many programs, which requires lots of lines of code.

Now, Maglite, of course, if me being very picky, I would just like to point out a few things, and ask you a few questions (these are very very minor):
1) When you press 'start', then 'help', 'contents', 'manage your time', 'specify the sound for an event', scroll down to press 'adjust the volume for sounds', you will get the following message: Cannot open help. The file cannot be found.
And also when in 'help', 'contents', you press 'start using your device', and press 'what do those icons mean?' you will also get the same message, but the help page will display with some missing icons. I don't think this is a bug, but probably because you changed some icons graphically. Still, I would like others to see if this is a common problem.
2) Also, Maglite, how come when you pick what alarm you want to play, it only gives aside of other sounds, Alarm 2 and Alarm 5? Where is Alarm 1, 3, and 4, which are present in Windows folder?
3) Also, directed more towards microsoft, is there a way by default to use an mp3 song to set it up as a ringtone, instead of just using tbe ones that they give you? I thought they said somewhere that they anounced this feature in WM6.

Of course, I had when I just flashed my device a few glitches with wifi, and at one point I couldn't see any files in my CF card. But this happened before in WM5, and I think it is one time only.

Otherwise, going great so far.
And I think, I finally will start installing back all of my programs since i didn't before because of all of the bugs in the beta roms.
This seems like a finalized version to me.
You did a great job, Maglite.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Original thread of this ROM (in Russian)

Older versions of my WM6 roms (from A01 to A02)

Hi guys and gals!

Big thanks to misar, cmonex and freepk for their work above porting WM6 into WM5 devices! Thanks to my teacher .mUn. - you are real man!

Dell Axim X50v Windows Mobile 6 Classic A03 Beta 1 ROM.

Changes:

1) Updated XIP & IMGFS sections to CE OS 5.2.1933 Build 18533.0.7.0
    2) New Black style.
    3) Small registry tweaks.
    4) Deleted Home app.

Download, mirror 1, mirror 2.

I do not have time to thoroughly test everything, and await your feedback.

//MG

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dell Axim X50v Windows Mobile 6 A02 RTM ROM

Screenshots:

img-51601-Screen001.jpg
    img-51602-Screen002.jpg
    img-51603-Screen003.jpg

ROM Version:
    A02 (18.09.07)
    Windows Mobile Version:
    Classic OS 5.2.1908 (Build 18508.0.7.0)
    Page Pool:
    4 MB
    Free RAM Space:
    ~34 MB

Programs:
    1) Transcriber (download .cab)
    2) Windows Live (download .cab)
    3) Data Backup (download .cab)
    4) Original WM6 WMP Skin (download .cab)
    5) Easy Page Pool Editor by paveld with WM6 A01 & A02 RTM support (download)
    6) CRC Calculator for Dell Axim X50v/X51v by paveld (download)

Attention! If you have Windows Mobile 2003SE ROM on your device, FIRST, please download THIS ARCHIVE (RAR 32.4 MB), and update your PDA to A01 Windows Mobile 5 ROM.
    After that, please download official WM5 A02 ROM and update your PDA to WM5 A02 ROM.

Flashing:

Download Dell Axim X50v WM6 A02 RTM ROM

1) Unpack files from archive into root of FAT32 SD-Card.
    2) Insert the SD-Card into your Axim and start the SD Image Loader by Pressing Wireless + Power + Reset
    3) The Image Loader will search for flash images on your SD-Card.
    4) Press the action key twice, this starts the update process.
    5) After the process is finished you will be asked to hard reset your device. Follow this instruction and wait for the OS to load.

Thats all!

2007 (c) MagLite