Dell Streak Froyo 2.2.2 Build 341 How To For All!

Search This thread

Krad

Aug 8, 2008
Screw 318, 319, 339 (rogers), 340 (att) 2.2 roms...

With many hours wasted trying everything, I have finally gotten 2.2.2 AWS version to load properly on my Unlocked US Red Streak preloaded with 2.2 315...

here are the steps from any version..

1. Use QDL tool to go to 305 baseband 00. Get from steakdroid.com

2. Use 309 boot loaded located here http://android.modaco.com/content/dell-streak-streak-modaco-com/323792/309-recovery-image/

3. Download and rename Package 322 from dell to Update.pkg to your sd card. Download here http://mobileupdate.dell.com/PackageProductionLocations/Streak_322_12947_11.pkg

3a. Reboot and hold both volume buttons and go to software upgrade. Upgrade to 322.

4. once loaded, go to this thread and follow directions and download the img files from Broken. Make sure to follow the MD5 guide in subsequent links to get the MD5 to work properly. (this is something good to learn either way )
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=970177

5. After copying the files in the right place on your sd card, reboot and with fastboot, load clockwork or streakmod recovery.. Streakmod folder is /sdcard/rom_backup/......

6. Go to nandroid and do a full restore, with streakmod you will get an error after system loads, don't worry, just reboot.

If all goes well you will be on baseband 11 (eu unlocked) and running build 341.

I can confirm with this baseband you do not have the flashing led lights like you have with baseband 318.

So glad I gave this one last try before giving up.

Methods to insanity that didn't work
-load 309 to 341 no dice
-load djsteve to 341 flashing leds
-load 318 to 341, flashing leds
- not to mention the hours wasted trying to get the nandroid restore to work with single files...

if you have any questions or problems, let me know. I will try and pop in once or twice a day...

Special thanks goes to..

Broken - for supplying the rom and trying to assist with help.
Themanii & homer4evr - for tips

Broken's 2.2.2 download - http://www.mediafire.com/?j4i2yc7idffq136

*************** After a successful load... make sure to do a FACTORY RESET under settings/privacy... it appears there is some stuff left over from Broken***********************************

Last edited:

huoyjii

Feb 13, 2008
Northborough, MA
Krad, thank you for this information. Looks like you are using your Streak in US w/ ATT.

Have you thought about using the ATT official froyo build baseband (34031) instead of the HK's baseband 322? It is too late where I am now, I will re-read the other thread you linked and try the 34031 (ATT) baseband... Will report back.

htcjikelly

Mar 19, 2010
Lubbock TX
Alright it's like 3am. I have successfully installed 305 using the QDL tool wich took a bit because of the issues with win7 64bit. At this point I think I understand how to get back to 1.6, and/or move forward to the eu version of 341. Sucks there isn't just a straight download for the 341 US update zip/pkg.

Oh well, will finish sorting this tomorrow. Night folks, or morning :)

Krad

Aug 8, 2008
You do not need to go to 1.6

you start from 2.2 305 qdl tool...

From there you load the 309 bootloader via fastboot

and then simply the default way of going to 322 via software upgrade.

Krad

Aug 8, 2008
Krad, thank you for this information. Looks like you are using your Streak in US w/ ATT.

Have you thought about using the ATT official froyo build baseband (34031) instead of the HK's baseband 322? It is too late where I am now, I will re-read the other thread you linked and try the 34031 (ATT) baseband... Will report back.

A very special person is updating the dell streak wiki and on it it displays all versions of OS's and more importantly basebands... 00 for unlock us 11 for eu unlock, 31 for att.. etc

I had baseband 318_00 loaded and when I went to load this OS I got the flashing Led lights.. Everything worked, but it was annoying. After speaking to a few from Optus Aus. It dawned on me that they must be on a different baseband. I checked 322, which is unlocked for 00.. but it actually loads 11 baseband. Once i fired it up it worked great.

My guess is that you need a specific baseband to run the rom without the flashing led lights. We know this is an unlocked rom, but specifically for EU basebands... With that being said I don't think loading US ATT baseband from 340 will work. But it it worth a shot.

I have been on baseband 322, and have had zero issues with reception, etc... others have pointed out there wifi has better speeds.

I will be testing out the wifi hot spot today and gps to see how they go and report back.

huoyjii

Feb 13, 2008
Northborough, MA
I liked 322 and have almost zero problem too. It is definitely fast w/ 322. The only problem I have with it was it wont auto connect to ATT wifi hotspot. I cant even manual connect to the ATT wifi hotspot which is supposed to be free for us ATT user.

I will try the 340 now and report back. If it doesnt work, I will use the 322

Sent from my Dell Streak using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Krad

Aug 8, 2008
I liked 322 and have almost zero problem too. It is definitely fast w/ 322. The only problem I have with it was it wont auto connect to ATT wifi hotspot. I cant even manual connect to the ATT wifi hotspot which is supposed to be free for us ATT user.

I will try the 340 now and report back. If it doesnt work, I will use the 322

Do you have the notification drop down issue? that annoyed me.

huoyjii

Feb 13, 2008
Northborough, MA
Krad,

Question: Do you use nandroid to selective restore all 4 files or just restore the system.img only as suggest in the "Root AWS Dell Streak 2.2.2 FRG83G" thread?

Thanks!

huoyjii

Feb 13, 2008
Northborough, MA

Krad

Aug 8, 2008
Krad,

Question: Do you use nandroid to selective restore all 4 files or just restore the system.img only as suggest in the "Root AWS Dell Streak 2.2.2 FRG83G" thread?

Thanks!

I have all files on my sd card in the right place with the md5 file....

i do a full restore... with streakmod recovery.... individual files did not work for me.

Reactions: huoyjii

huoyjii

Feb 13, 2008
Northborough, MA
Just confirming, I did a full nandroid restore on Broken's file and once boot up, I got an error saying that I have a diff google acct already setup - [email protected]? I know I can reset that under acct setting but I just want to confirm that this is what I am suppose to get with Broken's nandroid restore.

Thanks.

From the initial report, I think I have that capacitive button flashing: I am on Baseband - GAUSB1A134031-US w/ OEM - GAUSB1A134100 and best of all ANDROID 2.2.2

Thank you guys!! Krad, Broken, Themanii and homer4evr

ps. Just saw a post on "Root AWS Dell Streak 2.2.2 FRG83G" by 3GBeyotch, Post #84 that looks to provide a shortcut from 322 to 341 using fastboot: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=970177&page=9

huoyjii

Feb 13, 2008
Northborough, MA
Krad, any chance you have the baseband (filename - amss.mbn) for Stock 322 handy? I think you can find it in the update.pkg.dec file after running the Dell Recovery to update 322.

Thanks.

htcjikelly

Mar 19, 2010
Lubbock TX
So I don't need to go to 1.6 to get to the official US AT&T build with the correct baseband?

I have easily installed 340 and Streakdroid 1.8.1 via Streakmod and the images. Seems like it's strange that it's so hard to get back to 1.6 so I can get to US 341.

Take no offense but I really wish Dell had taken care of the US before the rest of the world was ever introduced to the Streak.

Yes I am an American pig-dog. :)

huoyjii

Feb 13, 2008
Northborough, MA
So I don't need to go to 1.6 to get to the official US AT&T build with the correct baseband?

I have easily installed 340 and Streakdroid 1.8.1 via Streakmod and the images. Seems like it's strange that it's so hard to get back to 1.6 so I can get to US 341.

Take no offense but I really wish Dell had taken care of the US before the rest of the world was ever introduced to the Streak.

Yes I am an American pig-dog. :)

I am a little confused by your statement. This is what I know...

Stock 340 that you had is the Official US ATT froyo 2.2 and it has the correct baseband 340 for ATT along with it.

The 341 (only android 2.2.2 that I know for Dell Streak) is an unlocked version (someone mentioned that it may even be beta) and I believed is meant for T-Mobile from some posted info??

So, 341 is not the official US ATT froyo. Based on Krad's testing, I doubt you can even go from ATT official 1.6 to this 341...

Hope this make sense.

Last edited:

htcjikelly

Mar 19, 2010
Lubbock TX
Looks like it is I who is confused.

I had the blinking lights with my version of 340. So did that mean it was the wrong baseband?

Yes I have a lot to learn about this here stuff.

Krad

Aug 8, 2008
Looks like it is I who is confused.

I had the blinking lights with my version of 340. So did that mean it was the wrong baseband?

Yes I have a lot to learn about this here stuff.

Yes... the only baseband that worked for me without blinking lights was baseband 11.. which is "unlocked eu" baseband. 00 is "unlocked us".

I have been running this bad boy for about 24 hour and haven't made a dent in the battery. Been running rock solid with zero issues.

yes you must factory reset to get rid of broken's info. I believe he forgot to do that before he made his images.. but it is cool.. no worries....

tell me where to find the 322 baseband files and they are yours... I have not cleaned out my sd card or root... so the files should be there...

technically, if we can extract the 322 baseband.. you would just flash that with fastboot.. and then load the nandroid restore all and viola.. your duh duh done!

huoyjii

Feb 13, 2008
Northborough, MA
Krad, I got it already. 3GBeyotch extract that for me on the other 341 thread.

Just FYI, you can find it easily in the update.pkg.dec file <- usually show up after you did an update thru Dell Recovery in your root sd card.

BTW, are you able to use the online kitchen (http://uot.dakra.lt/) & framework-res.apk to cook the notification bar for 341?

Krad

Aug 8, 2008
Havent tried yet but i dont see why not. Maybe i make one tonight... i have some honeycomb graphics lying around from some captivate themes.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Screw 318, 319, 339 (rogers), 340 (att) 2.2 roms...

With many hours wasted trying everything, I have finally gotten 2.2.2 AWS version to load properly on my Unlocked US Red Streak preloaded with 2.2 315...

here are the steps from any version..

1. Use QDL tool to go to 305 baseband 00. Get from steakdroid.com

2. Use 309 boot loaded located here http://android.modaco.com/content/dell-streak-streak-modaco-com/323792/309-recovery-image/

3. Download and rename Package 322 from dell to Update.pkg to your sd card. Download here http://mobileupdate.dell.com/PackageProductionLocations/Streak_322_12947_11.pkg

3a. Reboot and hold both volume buttons and go to software upgrade. Upgrade to 322.

4. once loaded, go to this thread and follow directions and download the img files from Broken. Make sure to follow the MD5 guide in subsequent links to get the MD5 to work properly. (this is something good to learn either way )
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=970177

5. After copying the files in the right place on your sd card, reboot and with fastboot, load clockwork or streakmod recovery.. Streakmod folder is /sdcard/rom_backup/......

6. Go to nandroid and do a full restore, with streakmod you will get an error after system loads, don't worry, just reboot.

If all goes well you will be on baseband 11 (eu unlocked) and running build 341.

I can confirm with this baseband you do not have the flashing led lights like you have with baseband 318.

So glad I gave this one last try before giving up.

Methods to insanity that didn't work
    -load 309 to 341 no dice
    -load djsteve to 341 flashing leds
    -load 318 to 341, flashing leds
    - not to mention the hours wasted trying to get the nandroid restore to work with single files...

if you have any questions or problems, let me know. I will try and pop in once or twice a day...

Special thanks goes to..

Broken - for supplying the rom and trying to assist with help.
    Themanii & homer4evr - for tips

Broken's 2.2.2 download - http://www.mediafire.com/?j4i2yc7idffq136

*************** After a successful load... make sure to do a FACTORY RESET under settings/privacy... it appears there is some stuff left over from Broken***********************************
    Krad,

Thanks!

I have all files on my sd card in the right place with the md5 file....

i do a full restore... with streakmod recovery.... individual files did not work for me.
    Just noticed that by default, the Stock 341 had hardware acceleration for graphic disabled. Meaning it uses CPU instead of GPU to render graphic (something like that from reading online).

Here's the simple mod/fix:
    1. Phone must be rooted, use Root Explorer (paid app)
    2. goto /system, change mounted mode to R/W (read/write) if it is R/O (read/only)
    3. edit build.prop file, change the line

FROM - debug.sf.hw=0
    TO - debug.sf.hw=1

Reboot your phone. Should speed up the graphics... Tested and works for me

** This is a pretty common tweak in custom ROM and definitely not my discovery. Too common now, don't know who to credit.