Dell Universal Dock - D6000

Search This thread

slimshotty

Jul 13, 2010
I have purchased and received the Dell Universal Dock - D6000. It works well with the Pixel C and Pixel 2 XL. I am sure it will work well with other Android devices.

http://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/dell-universal-dock-d6000/apd/452-bcyt/pc-accessories

"Conveniently dock any laptop equipped with USB-C or USB3.0 ports with the Dell Universal Dock - D6000. You’ll be able to connect up to three 4K displays simultaneously."

This dock allows for multiple displays using DisplayLink technology with no lag. It also charges your Android device while being docked unlike other alternatives. I'm currently using this as a laptop replacement at work and so far it's been working well. I have a Dell USB keyboard and Dell USB mouse connected to the dock which both work well. I have also tested USB flash drives and USB external drives and all seem to be working flawlessly.

Things I haven't tested:

- Sound (speakers, headphones, etc.)
- 3 monitors (I've only tested with 2)

This is a great solution for those of us trying to transition to 100% tablet. There are a few apps that I require which don't reside on a mobile platform. For these, I simply use RD client and remote desktop into a Windows 10 machine to perform these tasks.

Please let me know if there are any questions or if you would like for me to test something before being able to make a purchase decision.

-slimshotty

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk

locuturus

May 9, 2015
Seattle, WA
I got to play with a D6000 recently and yes it does charge & mirror the display at the same time over USB C. I only had 1 monitor tho so I couldn't see if/how the multiple display scenario works.

dan.hendrickson

Apr 19, 2008
Any extra software needed?

I have a D6000 at work, tried to plug my Samsung S9 in. I can use the keyboard and mouse connected, sounds go through the dock, but i can't get video to come to the monitor. Is there a seeing our anniversary that I am missing, or is it the overly Samsung modified OS?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have purchased and received the Dell Universal Dock - D6000. It works well with the Pixel C and Pixel 2 XL. I am sure it will work well with other Android devices.

http://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/dell-universal-dock-d6000/apd/452-bcyt/pc-accessories

"Conveniently dock any laptop equipped with USB-C or USB3.0 ports with the Dell Universal Dock - D6000. You’ll be able to connect up to three 4K displays simultaneously."

This dock allows for multiple displays using DisplayLink technology with no lag. It also charges your Android device while being docked unlike other alternatives. I'm currently using this as a laptop replacement at work and so far it's been working well. I have a Dell USB keyboard and Dell USB mouse connected to the dock which both work well. I have also tested USB flash drives and USB external drives and all seem to be working flawlessly.

Things I haven't tested:

- Sound (speakers, headphones, etc.)
    - 3 monitors (I've only tested with 2)

This is a great solution for those of us trying to transition to 100% tablet. There are a few apps that I require which don't reside on a mobile platform. For these, I simply use RD client and remote desktop into a Windows 10 machine to perform these tasks.

Please let me know if there are any questions or if you would like for me to test something before being able to make a purchase decision.

-slimshotty

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk
    I have a D6000 at work, tried to plug my Samsung S9 in. I can use the keyboard and mouse connected, sounds go through the dock, but i can't get video to come to the monitor. Is there a seeing our anniversary that I am missing, or is it the overly Samsung modified OS?
    You need the DisplayLink app to make this work.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone