Dell Venue Pro Registry Editor

Search This thread

raiderfan247365

Feb 4, 2009
Portland
Is anyone making any progress with a registry editor for the DVP? I have a developer unlocked phone but am limited with what I can do with it because of no registry access...I believe we are the only phone without one :( with the price of the phone going down and a new firmware to fix issues I hope we see a lot more people getting their hands on them.

Loki1973

Mar 3, 2006
Greater Amsterdam
Here is what you need to do to get to the registry editor:
1. Go to the EM App in the DVP.
2. Choose RD Test. It will prompt for a textbox to enter something (its basically asking for password). Enter *#6336# .

Ghe, that's weird. I must have a different DVP here, cause I only have three options in the menu:

* Phone Information
* System Information
* MMS Settings

There is no RD Test and none of the others.

GoodDayToDie

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 20, 2011
Seattle
If somebody wants to get me a copy of this "EM" app, I can try and pull it apart to build an app that can modify the DVP registry. However... it'll need ID_CAP_INTEROPSERVICES, and that means it will need interop-unlock if you're on Mango.

Mind you, I might find a way to get interop-unlock by poking around in the app too. It worked for HTC's Connection Setup (I found the way to proces custom provxml, eathcliff74 found a way around the restrictions on what that provxml could do - assuming there are no such restrictions on the DVP I could possibly create an interop-unlock XAP for it).

raiderfan247365

Feb 4, 2009
Portland
If somebody wants to get me a copy of this "EM" app, I can try and pull it apart to build an app that can modify the DVP registry. However... it'll need ID_CAP_INTEROPSERVICES, and that means it will need interop-unlock if you're on Mango.

Mind you, I might find a way to get interop-unlock by poking around in the app too. It worked for HTC's Connection Setup (I found the way to proces custom provxml, eathcliff74 found a way around the restrictions on what that provxml could do - assuming there are no such restrictions on the DVP I could possibly create an interop-unlock XAP for it).

check this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1195463 good luck

Top Liked Posts