Deluxe has unlock bootloader tool, but not Ultra? Here's ASUS's response

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

d4ndr0id

Aug 12, 2012
8eda95fdeea27482a1cdcf004cb4934c.jpg

So there you have it. Unless we boycott so their development team makes the unlock bootloader tool for the ultra, there will never be root.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Slbtrb79

Dec 31, 2014
So there you have it. Unless we boycott so their development team makes the unlock bootloader tool for the ultra, there will never be root. [/QUOTE

Thanks for your post on this matter. Why would they provide an unlock bootloader tool for the Deluxe model and not the Ultra? That frustrates me just a little, as an owner of this Phablet. I purchased the Asus Utra for it's small tablet qualities and even though I enjoy using it the way it is now, I would like to get more out of it, by rooting it.

Has anyone tried the www.kidapso.com AutoRoot tools to unlock the Ultra Bootloader, as they claim it does?

Thanks again for your post.

Slbtrb79

Dec 31, 2014
This claims to be able to root (without unlocking bootloader) through Super-Root:
http://www.how-to-root.stream/2016/09/asus-zenfone-3-ultra-zu680kl-8130.html

Don't have the device, so can't try.
As far as my outdated knowledge goes, root with locked bootloader is possible, but install custom recovery isn't, but with root you can at least use TB and an adblocker.

Thank you for your post. But as for me, Since you can do more with the bootloader being unlocked, I will be patient awhile longer to see what happens with this issue on the Asus Ultra....

As a side note many of the sites that claim to have unlocked bootloader and/or root for the Asus Zenfone 3 Ultra, you have to jump thru hoops to get to the actual site. For instance the kidapso.com site you have to fill out your information for receiving some product of various types, whether signing up for a gift card or something else. Then you actually have to agree to giving up your privacy by agreeing to allowing multiple vendors contact you by phone(in small print), even if you are on a national registry not to be contacted by sales persons or ads before you are even allowed to the site that supplies the actual info for unlocking the bootloader. So I don't even know if the information is legit, because I'm personally not going to agree to the above. As mentioned, I will be patient awhile longer while waiting for more information on the subject of the unlocked bootloader for the Ultra

d4ndr0id

Aug 12, 2012
Sorry guys I meant to say the base model Zenfone 3 ze520kl, not the deluxe.

Kipaso is a fake site.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

d4ndr0id

Aug 12, 2012
Reactions: Nirak

speculatrix

Mar 7, 2006
Cambridge
this site claims to give you root
---REMOVED---

but it smells of being a trap to install malware as there's no evidence of it working, so I would counsel against following those instructions unless you're a real expert.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts