• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Demo/Retail Model, Anyone able to unlock bootloader, install custom rom, etc?

Search This thread

xBØYxTØYx

Nov 4, 2013
Pretty simple question, haven't seen any talk about this yet.
Anyone working/worked on a way to put a stock or custom rom on the retail demo model of the V60?

Before people start saying this;
YES I know the demo models have no imei or modem

Forestkidx

Jun 12, 2020
I have had a v60 demo unit for a bit and have searched extensively and have yet to find anyone that has flashed another room onto it. Found one person who tried flashing two different variant stock roms and it ended up bricking the device. I was able to get retail mode off mine, but the 50% battery limit drives me up the wall. I'd love to know a way to over ride that.

haise.zero

Oct 6, 2017
Pacific Northwest
LG V60 ThinQ
I have had a v60 demo unit for a bit and have searched extensively and have yet to find anyone that has flashed another room onto it. Found one person who tried flashing two different variant stock roms and it ended up bricking the device. I was able to get retail mode off mine, but the 50% battery limit drives me up the wall. I'd love to know a way to over ride that.
With a little bit of development, as far as software properties go, I don't think it would actually be too difficult to get your device in a working order. We have a few V60s that have an engineering bootloader on there (I say "an" and not "the" because the process to unlock these has raised a great many questions) but it's still a curious process. I'm focused on another phone right now but we're hopefully wrapping that up here within the next week or two.
Once that's done I can come back to the V60 and continue trying to get it to work. I don't think it will be very long from now but there is still some time until then.

Cheesequake

Jan 27, 2020
With a little bit of development, as far as software properties go, I don't think it would actually be too difficult to get your device in a working order. We have a few V60s that have an engineering bootloader on there (I say "an" and not "the" because the process to unlock these has raised a great many questions) but it's still a curious process. I'm focused on another phone right now but we're hopefully wrapping that up here within the next week or two.
Once that's done I can come back to the V60 and continue trying to get it to work. I don't think it will be very long from now but there is still some time until then.
That would be amazing.

Last edited: