Deodexed files for GB 3.4.2 Froyo

Search This thread

Jygar

Dec 25, 2006
Gloucester
Sweet!

I am currently running the default T-Mobile UK firmware, I've been more nervous about flashing the Defy than the Magic due to root issues in the new Firmware.

Look forward to giving this a try.

naenee

Apr 29, 2008
I will stick to the defaults, as I am trying to determine why the UK version is so much more smoother. But keep up the good work :)

Higgsy

Oct 16, 2009
Smethvegas
What jygar says, I also believe it helps with efficiency, however the theory would suggest it would have the adverse effect.

If you look for my frozen eclair thread you will see a link to a good explanation of what deodexing is/does

naenee

Apr 29, 2008
How I understand it, the only reason for de-odexing a build is to allow for easier modification, i.e. theming. Apart from that, there are no stability/efficiency/performance gains to be had.

As I do not plan to make any such modifications, I'll leave my 'Optimized DEX (ODEX)' files as-is, and not de-Optimize them :)

MadStu

Sep 15, 2007
MadStu.net

fladna9

Feb 14, 2009
Hi !

I would like to download this and give it a try...

Can somebody re-upload it ? I can't download it from there.

Maybe a Megaupload link ?

Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Deodexed framework/app files for the 3.4.2 GB Froyo release.

Flash the package via clockworkmod recovery (Install zip from sdcard option)

If you have removed apps this will restore them back to stock, so you will need to go in an remove again.

Enjoy!

Download Here!

Props to Sorensiim for hosting!
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone