Search This thread

billysam

Oct 3, 2014
Last edited:

billysam

Oct 3, 2014
is it supposed to look like this?
attachment.php

it changes its position while flipping from vertical to horizontal. sometime it's at the centre where it should be, but then, it goes back a little left, then again to the far left. :D
The rom is pretty smooth, faced glitches while trying to swipe languages at the welcome cynogenmod screen, a soft reboot too, while on particular language(was just rolling over). (clean flash on the latest twrp recovery, with opengapps and keyboard fix) after went over the process, tried taking screenshot, but got error "Couldn't capture screenshot(Can't take screenshot due to limited storage space or it isn't allowed by the app or your organization"(wth?) soon enough everything started crashing and wouldn't stop, I reboot to recovery again, clear cache then back again. voila, no crashing and I took screenshot. no keyboard problem.
wifi connects, camera and camcorder works. file manager shows sd card data but pc won't mount sd card(if it's not fat32 format), ram usage was at 63 percent(with gapps after reboot) and 60 percent(without gapps)

clean flashed again. without gapps, just rom and keyboard fix.
no fc or crashes at all.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160129-224644.jpg
    Screenshot_20160129-224644.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 148,092
Last edited:

Long Island NOOBIE

Apr 28, 2014
Reactions: Logiel

jeffreymcclain

Jul 24, 2015
Booted up without issues as long as you use the 'Deltadroid' keyboard gapps fix.

After a complete wipe/format/reboot recovery, I flashed the following files in the order listed:
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=48691
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24369303960689640
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24391638059058223

As always, thank you 'Android-Andi' for getting our Tab2 devices into MARSHMALLOW territory!

The last 2 links you list say "Tab 2 7.0." Do you know if these files also work for the P5113? (I'm assuming yes, since you have a thumbs up next to P5113).
Also, is it ok if I use Open GApps 6.0 nano instead of your 2nd link?
Or would this conflict with the GApps keyboard listed in your 3rd link?

Last edited:

billysam

Oct 3, 2014
The last 2 links you list say "Tab 2 7.0." Do you know if these files also work for the P5113? (I'm assuming yes, since you have a thumbs up next to P5113).

I used the Open GApps 6.0 and used the keyboard fix. it works.

jeffreymcclain

Jul 24, 2015
I used the Open GApps 6.0 and used the keyboard fix. it works.

Thanks, I just wanted to make sure :)

One last question: I see you stated earlier the "file manager shows sd card data but pc won't mount sd card(if it's not fat32 format)."
This is probably a n00b question, but can you explain what "won't mount SD card" mean?

I did some quick Googling, and it looks like it means the card isn't recognized. Does this mean that I can't access backed-up data from Titanium Backup? I know it's not recommended, but I usually like to back-up and restore save data for games and applications (only user apps, never system apps!) after each Rom change. Does this mean that my backup will be lost / inaccessible?

Or does this mean I won't be able to transfer newer builds from my pc to the tablet using the USB cord?

Android-Andi

Recognized Contributor
Mar 3, 2013
andi34.github.io
is it supposed to look like this?
attachment.php

it changes its position while flipping from vertical to horizontal. sometime it's at the centre where it should be, but then, it goes back a little left, then again to the far left. :D
Looks like a CM bug ;)
.(clean flash on the latest twrp recovery, with opengapps and keyboard fix) after went over the process, tried taking screenshot, but got error "Couldn't capture screenshot(Can't take screenshot due to limited storage space or it isn't allowed by the app or your organization"(wth?)
Know bug if you switch roms and don't format data in twrp (confirm by typing "yes" - instead Advance wipe data/internal storage).

Gesendet von meinem LG-H815 mit Tapatalk

Reactions: billysam

billysam

Oct 3, 2014
Thanks, I just wanted to make sure :)

One last question: I see you stated earlier the "file manager shows sd card data but pc won't mount sd card(if it's not fat32 format)."
This is probably a n00b question, but can you explain what "won't mount SD card" mean?

I did some quick Googling, and it looks like it means the card isn't recognized. Does this mean that I can't access backed-up data from Titanium Backup? I know it's not recommended, but I usually like to back-up and restore save data for games and applications (only user apps, never system apps!) after each Rom change. Does this mean that my backup will be lost / inaccessible?

Or does this mean I won't be able to transfer newer builds from my pc to the tablet using the USB cord?

it won't show your sd card when you connect through the USB on the PC, so you won't be able to transfer files to the sd card, neither it shows on your tab.(it does show, but has different mount point, instead of sdcard1 your external card data will be found at /mnt/media_rw/(somerandomname) using any filemanager.

now you got the point? you can try titanium backup to look your files at that location.

Long Island NOOBIE

Apr 28, 2014
P5113

Yes, these files worked successfully on my SG Tab2-10.1 (P5113). The only issue I'm experiencing is with my 16G external SD card. Storage & USB in settings reads it on tablet, but 'File Manager' and 'ES File Explorer' apps do not. Desktop connection via USB also does not show external storage.

jeffreymcclain

Jul 24, 2015
a few minor questions

it won't show your sd card when you connect through the USB on the PC, so you won't be able to transfer files to the sd card, neither it shows on your tab.(it does show, but has different mount point, instead of sdcard1 your external card data will be found at /mnt/media_rw/(somerandomname) using any filemanager.

now you got the point? you can try titanium backup to look your files at that location.

Thanks for the explanation! I just installed CM 13, and it seems to be running smoothly so far.

A few minor questions:
What root manager apps works with CM 13? I just tried SuperSU from the Playstore, apparently it only supports up to Lollipop since it kept giving me error messages when trying to install the binaries.

Also, is there a setting to change the time in the upper-right corner to show AM/PM?

debeli747

Apr 7, 2012
Going back to cm12.1 . Dont like the externalsd card problems. Dont know why they changed it, but it su..... . But must say that ROM works fine. Hope they change external sd card usage, to come back on it.

billysam

Oct 3, 2014
Thanks for the explanation! I just installed CM 13, and it seems to be running smoothly so far.

A few minor questions:
What root manager apps works with CM 13? I just tried SuperSU from the Playstore, apparently it only supports up to Lollipop since it kept giving me error messages when trying to install the binaries.

Also, is there a setting to change the time in the upper-right corner to show AM/PM?

You don't need supersu, it's pre rooted, go into developers settings and enable root from there for app and adb. Go into setting time and date, change time format to 12 hour

---------- Post added at 03:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 AM ----------

Going back to cm12.1 . Dont like the externalsd card problems. Dont know why they changed it, but it su..... . But must say that ROM works fine. Hope they change external sd card usage, to come back on it.

You didn't formatted the sd card to fat32? It works.

boltek

Dec 18, 2015

I have a problem with this.

When I use ES File Manager in CM13 and go to /mnt/media_rw/ I see an empty folder even though I have a micro-sd card inserted which contains data. When I go to settings-->Storage & USB, Marshmallow shows me my external microsd-card as "sdcard1" under "mobile storage" with 42 of 59 GB used.

I did NOT use the internal-storage open introduced in Marshmallow. I want to keep my microsd-card as an external device.

When I turn the screen of and on again, I'm in the lock-screen and I see a notification which reads "SD-Card by Samsung - for transferring fotos and media" and when I double-tap on the notification, a file-manager opens and shows me all the files and folders saved to my external microsd-card and then I can access all files and folders contained on the microsd-card, I can listen to music, open PDFs and so on.

How can I acess the microsd- card with a file manager ? How can I copy files from my tablet's internal storage to the microsd-card and vice versa ?

Of course, when I connect my tablet with my windows-pc using the usb-cable, the microsd-card also does not show up on the PC.

And as I said before, the /mnt/media_rw/ folder is empty so I really don't know how to copy files to and from my microsd-card.

Help please.

Last edited:

Shepguessed

Apr 9, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
I have a problem with this.

When I use ES File Manager in CM13 and go to /mnt/media_rw/ I see an empty folder even though I have a micro-sd card inserted which contains data. When I go to settings-->Storage & USB, Marshmallow shows me my external microsd-card as "sdcard1" under "mobile storage" with 42 of 59 GB used.

I did NOT use the internal-storage open introduced in Marshmallow. I want to keep my microsd-card as an external device.

When I turn the screen of and on again, I'm in the lock-screen and I see a notification which reads "SD-Card by Samsung - for transferring fotos and media" and when I double-tap on the notification, a file-manager opens and shows me all the files and folders saved to my external microsd-card and then I can access all files and folders contained on the microsd-card, I can listen to music, open PDFs and so on.

How can I acess the microsd- card with a file manager ? How can I copy files from my tablet's internal storage to the microsd-card and vice versa ?

Of course, when I connect my tablet with my windows-pc using the usb-cable, the microsd-card also does not show up on the PC.

And as I said before, the /mnt/media_rw/ folder is empty so I really don't know how to copy files to and from my microsd-card.

Help please.
Have you tried using the built in file manager to locate it in /mnt/media_rw/ ?

Sent from my Nexus 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod (CM 13.0)
    Android 6.x

A new "unified" Galaxy Tab 2 section was added to our forum because we don't make a difference between p31xx an p51xx specific roms.

Please use the Thread here for CM 13 related questions and feedback
    Uploading a new build right now, will be available in within next 1-2 hours
    • clean flash recommend because we switched to our new kernel for a final public test (before it finally replaces our old, bloated kernel)
    • Booting takes some more time now - there's a delay for up to 10 sec. betweeen the samsung logo and bootanimation (The bootloader init was disabled and the kernel resets everything on boot which is a good thing but delays bootup.)
    • Many thanks to @Ziyan for the new kernel! He did the main part of it! (We worked together on it for almost 9 months now - where is the time?!)
    • (kernel source will be available on CM's github after this public test to be sure everything works as it should - please respect that the source won't be public before)
    • Found a bug? Attach logcat and dmesg or keep the bug!

Thanks again @Ziyan
    New builds uploaded:
    - OpenSource Sensor should be fixed now (please don't flash ClosedSource Sensor blobs now)
    - broken rotation after deep sleep should be fixed now
    - p51xx user still might charge slow while connected to PC/Laptop, please use the original charger until we found a solution

In case anything is not working:
    - make sure you have done a clean flash
    - provide logcat and dmesg
    - in case of softreboots please also attache tombstones logs (you'll find them in /data/tombstones/)

Have a nice weekend together!
    New builds uploaded.
    - latest CM 13 source
    - attempt to fix hotspot
    - fixed random mac adress (more infos about it later today on http://andi34.github.io because we had to get rid of samsungs bad way )

~ All my work, news etc. on http://andi34.github.io ~
    New builds uploaded. It will be the last build with our old kernel i think.

- latest CM changes
    - espressowifi and espresso3g both SELinux enforced (community work from @Ziyan , @Cyprien and myself)

Nothing else changed which hasn't been in previous buillds.

Gesendet von meinem LG-H815 mit Tapatalk
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone