• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[DEPRECATED]Lineage OS for Samsung galaxy j3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

_3rik

Feb 7, 2017
Frankfurt
/////IMPORTANT READ MEH PLZ\\\\\
I have given up.
There, I said it.
Stop asking for builds.
I tried major best but mah best ain't good enough...
However not all hope is gone!
Here are two other threads of people working on lineage is 13/14 and also ressurection remix to the j3 that have nothing to do with me:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/ga...geos-13-samsung-galaxy-j3-2016-t3621950/page1
https://forum.xda-developers.com/ga...m-resurrection-remix-mm-v5-7-4-t3635573/page1

So, as you may know, Cyanogen mod is has been killed after copyright issues with CyanogenmodInc. However, it has been replaced with LineageOS. This thread is for any information on lineage OS for any models of the Samsung galaxy j3. Feel free to add any info you know!

So far, we do know that there probably will be one as it says so on geek warning's list of supported devices, which is all good news. I will try to see if I can port one from some device that already has it, and I will update you on that, but it might not work.:)

Last edited:

_3rik

Feb 7, 2017
Frankfurt
So, as you may know, Cyanogen mod is has been killed after copyright issues with CyanogenmodInc. However, it has been replaced with LineageOS. This thread is for any information on linear is for any models of the Samsung galaxy j3. Feel free to add any info you know!

So far, we do know that there probably will be one as it says so on geek warning's list of supported devices, which is all good news. I will try to see if I can port one from some device that already has it, and I will update you on that, but it might not work.:)

Comment anything you know, and I will keep you updated on any now news regarding this.

I found another website saying that the galaxy j3 will be supported! So I really hope it will happen! Also, I really hope that they make one for the j320fn, as that's the one I have! :):)

_3rik

Feb 7, 2017
Frankfurt
Progress Update:

I cant find any device with the SC9830A chipset that has lineage os supported, which just makes porting it harder,as that is the one the J320FN has. I will try to use an application called 'android kitchen'. Meanwhile, please comment any devices that have the SC9830C chipset,as it would really help me out with porting this!

Speak to ya soon!

_3rik

Feb 7, 2017
Frankfurt
Progress Update 2:
Hi guys! I have been working on a port for lineage OS for the SM-J320FN. However, I have one big issue. The stock ROM I have downloaded is a .tar.md5 file, so I can't use it in the same way as a flashable zip. I searched all over the place, but I can't find a stock ROM for this device. Here is where you guys come in!

IF ANYONE KNOWS WHERE I CAN INSTALL, OR CAN MAKE A FLASHABLE ZIP FILE OF THE STOCK ROM FOR THE SAMSUNG GALAXY J320F/J320FN, PLEASE PROVIDE ME WITH A LINK/DOWNLOAD, as if you want this port to happen, a flashable zip stock ROM is required.

Please help me out, to bring us one step closer to creating the first ever stable custom ROM for the j3!

Thanks, speak to ya soon!

_3rik

Feb 7, 2017
Frankfurt
Progress update 3:
Hi guys!
I Ported a lineage os unofficial rom from the Samsung S5 to the j3 by deodexing my stock rom of the j3 and porting it through android kitchen. I the placed it on my phone as card, booted into recovery ( TWRP), wiped Dalvik Cache, Cache, Data and internal storage. Then I tried to flash the .zip.
Straight away, it came up with an error:
Could not find META-INF/com/google/android/update-binary. I took the sd card out and checked the rom on my pic. Strangely, I did find that exact file in the correct place in the rom, and it wasn't corrupted. Hmmmm...
Any ideas on what the issue might be? If you have any ideas, please comment them!
Thanks!

Speak to ya soon!

KaioProHawk

Jun 10, 2016
Progress Update 2:
Hi guys! I have been working on a port for lineage OS for the SM-J320FN. However, I have one big issue. The stock ROM I have downloaded is a .tar.md5 file, so I can't use it in the same way as a flashable zip. I searched all over the place, but I can't find a stock ROM for this device. Here is where you guys come in!

IF ANYONE KNOWS WHERE I CAN INSTALL, OR CAN MAKE A FLASHABLE ZIP FILE OF THE STOCK ROM FOR THE SAMSUNG GALAXY J320F/J320FN, PLEASE PROVIDE ME WITH A LINK/DOWNLOAD, as if you want this port to happen, a flashable zip stock ROM is required.

Please help me out, to bring us one step closer to creating the first ever stable custom ROM for the j3!

Thanks, speak to ya soon!
I

Enviado de meu SM-J320M usando Tapatalk

adrian1234a

Nov 28, 2014
Ciudad Real
OnePlus 6
J320fn/f

---------- Post added at 05:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:06 PM ----------

Hi!
Currently, the build results in an error when flashing on my device. I am trying to fix it.
However, if you are willing to take the risk, I can let you download the current build and flash it on your phone.
Just tell me what model of the j3 you have!

J320fn/f

Reactions: ii_Troy

KaioProHawk

Jun 10, 2016
Hi!
Currently, the build results in an error when flashing on my device. I am trying to fix it.
However, if you are willing to take the risk, I can let you download the current build and flash it on your phone.
Just tell me what model of the j3 you have!

Hello friend could send the download link if available I will take responsibility if there is an error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    /////IMPORTANT READ MEH PLZ\\\\\
    I have given up.
    There, I said it.
    Stop asking for builds.
    I tried major best but mah best ain't good enough...
    However not all hope is gone!
    Here are two other threads of people working on lineage is 13/14 and also ressurection remix to the j3 that have nothing to do with me:
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/ga...geos-13-samsung-galaxy-j3-2016-t3621950/page1
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/ga...m-resurrection-remix-mm-v5-7-4-t3635573/page1

So, as you may know, Cyanogen mod is has been killed after copyright issues with CyanogenmodInc. However, it has been replaced with LineageOS. This thread is for any information on lineage OS for any models of the Samsung galaxy j3. Feel free to add any info you know!

Yip,

I started the development of the lineage os rom on the j320fn with soc spreadtrum and this time it's real :)
    I just started so there are very few things which works fine, gpu vpu sound touchscreen usb and not really fine but now we have all sources to finish the project.

I uploaded the only one version I found of the sprdroid6.0 repo on google drive => https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B35NGYJEHn3ccGxxdlU1ZXJwOHM
    I've beginning the project for my sm-j320fn on github => https://github.com/djeman

It needs a lot of works enough but now we have all resources to build a rom ... need only some good developers :)

Sorry for my english, I'm not good ^^
    Progress Update:

I cant find any device with the SC9830A chipset that has lineage os supported, which just makes porting it harder,as that is the one the J320FN has. I will try to use an application called 'android kitchen'. Meanwhile, please comment any devices that have the SC9830C chipset,as it would really help me out with porting this!

Speak to ya soon!
    Ok for screenshots but the source code is here so if you're understand a little you have all proofs.
    I'm not here to promote my project just to share all sources to build a rom ;)

I can't make a video ... my j3 is my only one phone ^^
    But later I can upload a build ... an alpha alpha alpha build but which boot with sound and usb on sm-j320fn.

If you want a boot log from logcat => log66.txt
    And an other from dmesg => dmesg.txt

Nope sry it's real.
    If you want to make a thing to help share the sprdroid source code, it's very hard to found it.
    The problem is on the update-script
    Yeah, I have tried a couple things but none work. I will try to completely remove the bit that determines what device you have (I read somewhere that that can fix it. Thanks!