[DEPRECATED]Lineage OS for Samsung galaxy j3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

hamzaeid

Dec 28, 2015
│» ©âiro™ «│
there's no tree for this device i think.. so that's gonna make the porting process more difficult and porting lineage OS 14.1,7.1.1.. for this device will be more harder cuz our kernel will not boot with it cuz our stock rom is 5.1.1 not 7.1.1... so my opinion is to try to make a custom rom with our Stock based rom i mean make it deodexed, debloated, Pre-Rooted, and flashable so we could give the device more speed for now till we could port CM or lineage OS rom or even N7.S7 ported rom for the device

there's no tree for this device i think.. so that's gonna make the porting process more difficult and porting lineage OS 14.1,7.1.1.. for this device will be more harder cuz our kernel will not boot with it cuz our stock rom is 5.1.1 not 7.1.1... so my opinion is to try to make a custom rom with our Stock based rom i mean make it deodexed, debloated, Pre-Rooted, and flashable so we could give the device more speed for now till we could port CM or lineage OS rom or even N7.S7 ported rom for the device

im with you on that one

MASK10101012

Nov 16, 2014

+1 one for this.:good:

Mrgwadas

Mar 8, 2017
Marseille
News

So, as you may know, Cyanogen mod is has been killed after copyright issues with CyanogenmodInc. However, it has been replaced with LineageOS. This thread is for any information on lineage OS for any models of the Samsung galaxy j3. Feel free to add any info you know!

So far, we do know that there probably will be one as it says so on geek warning's list of supported devices, which is all good news. I will try to see if I can port one from some device that already has it, and I will update you on that, but it might not work.:)

Comment anything you know, and I will keep you updated on any now news regarding this.

Hello, I am a recent buyer of Galaxy J3 on 2016 in France, I understood that you dev a version of Lineage Os where is the development? Because I reports me that Lollipop level storage on card SD it is really limited. Thank you in advance.

ardicli2000

Sep 30, 2011
@MrViking I am sorry to tell you that but you haven't a single idea about building a custom rom. Preparing script (there are tools for that) is the easiest part of building a rom in which you fail. You also dont know what to do with tar files and how to covert them into flashable zips. Besides all building a custom aosp rom isnt an easy task. Especially without a device tree. Writing the whole device tree requires proficiency in software and hardware engineering. You need necessary documentation for cpu and gpu, drivers for the respective OS, etc. And I believe you don't have them. Most probably noone has.

The most easy and useful thing to do here would be building something based on current TouchWiz. You can have a nandroid backup from twrp as a base to your work. You can implement some customizations and global scripts, init.d s etc into it. You can also port some nodpi touchwiz apps into your rom from s7/n7/s6.

Good luck. Best.

DavidCardozo85

Feb 20, 2017
Hi!
Currently, the build results in an error when flashing on my device. I am trying to fix it.
However, if you are willing to take the risk, I can let you download the current build and flash it on your phone.
Just tell me what model of the j3 you have!

Hello friends, I need the rom of lineage os for my J320M please, I hate samsung touchwiz rom i used google translator to communicate, greetings from Paraguay :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    /////IMPORTANT READ MEH PLZ\\\\\
    I have given up.
    There, I said it.
    Stop asking for builds.
    I tried major best but mah best ain't good enough...
    However not all hope is gone!
    Here are two other threads of people working on lineage is 13/14 and also ressurection remix to the j3 that have nothing to do with me:
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/ga...geos-13-samsung-galaxy-j3-2016-t3621950/page1
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/ga...m-resurrection-remix-mm-v5-7-4-t3635573/page1

So, as you may know, Cyanogen mod is has been killed after copyright issues with CyanogenmodInc. However, it has been replaced with LineageOS. This thread is for any information on lineage OS for any models of the Samsung galaxy j3. Feel free to add any info you know!

So far, we do know that there probably will be one as it says so on geek warning's list of supported devices, which is all good news. I will try to see if I can port one from some device that already has it, and I will update you on that, but it might not work.:)
    Yip,

I started the development of the lineage os rom on the j320fn with soc spreadtrum and this time it's real :)
    I just started so there are very few things which works fine, gpu vpu sound touchscreen usb and not really fine but now we have all sources to finish the project.

I uploaded the only one version I found of the sprdroid6.0 repo on google drive => https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B35NGYJEHn3ccGxxdlU1ZXJwOHM
    I've beginning the project for my sm-j320fn on github => https://github.com/djeman

It needs a lot of works enough but now we have all resources to build a rom ... need only some good developers :)

Sorry for my english, I'm not good ^^
    Progress Update:

I cant find any device with the SC9830A chipset that has lineage os supported, which just makes porting it harder,as that is the one the J320FN has. I will try to use an application called 'android kitchen'. Meanwhile, please comment any devices that have the SC9830C chipset,as it would really help me out with porting this!

Speak to ya soon!
    Ok for screenshots but the source code is here so if you're understand a little you have all proofs.
    I'm not here to promote my project just to share all sources to build a rom ;)

I can't make a video ... my j3 is my only one phone ^^
    But later I can upload a build ... an alpha alpha alpha build but which boot with sound and usb on sm-j320fn.

If you want a boot log from logcat => log66.txt
    And an other from dmesg => dmesg.txt

Nope sry it's real.
    If you want to make a thing to help share the sprdroid source code, it's very hard to found it.
    The problem is on the update-script
    Yeah, I have tried a couple things but none work. I will try to completely remove the bit that determines what device you have (I read somewhere that that can fix it. Thanks!
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone