[DEPRECATED] SlimLP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Android-Andi

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 3, 2013
andi34.github.io
Yes, should be. But mines doesn't work too.
But we knows that sometimes our tabs aren't the same.

Envoyé de mon GT-P5110 en utilisant Tapatalk
It took a while but also works fine to me. (First 0.92 build).

Send from OnePlus One using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1420580442787.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1420580442787.jpg
    223.1 KB · Views: 733
Last edited:
Reactions: Sqb and minidou-77

vonschau

MakkerM

Nov 25, 2010
Amsterdam
It took a while but also works fine to me. (First 0.92 build).

I did also an extensive research using different apps, like GPS Test, GPS Test +, GPS Status, AndroiTS GPS and Sygic, using the latest 5.02 alpha 0.92 20150106. At least for 15 minutes each. No fix, not even a sign of any satellite that shows up. I'll give up for now.

Android-Andi

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 3, 2013
andi34.github.io
I did also an extensive research using different apps, like GPS Test, GPS Test +, GPS Status, AndroiTS GPS and Sygic, using the latest 5.02 alpha 0.92 20150106. At least for 15 minutes each. No fix, not even a sign of any satellite that shows up. I'll give up for now.
I talked about previous build, not latest ;)
Anyway, running new builds and going to sleep now, will upload after sleep.

Johnsondr80

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 13, 2010
Tuscaloosa
Reporting in

Tried several seen here
581b9b036e592dc323145cd0f5ce98ab.jpg

Device only setting
b9b8ddbd6dead41e4c780f7b7309c3d5.jpg

P511x
Located in Alabama west 102 zone

Logcat says GPS is activated
But no DATAM is being received.

Its is of no concern to me personally as I do not use my tablet for navigation ever.
But if you want me to @Android-Andi I could spend more time investigating and look into the cause and possibly a solution.

What I've seen so far simply indicates its not communicating (as if I was inside a steel building) now there are several reasons this could be.

I am a land surveyor and know a good deal about GPS location data after all.

asdroid

Mar 28, 2013
After install last update seems i don't have have deep sleep. Maybe cause i perform a dirty flash .. It's only me?

Edit: after another wipe it works :)

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2015
GPS fixed

Hello Android-Andi,

First, thank you for this rom and your work.
For your information, the GPS problem is solved with the build 07/01 (model P5110).
Satellite found with GPS test, Sygic.

Thank you again.
Dirk.

karjun94

Jan 2, 2013
working GPS and cellular network

Every thing is working thanks:):)
Btw:for anyone that accidentally turn the screen too dim jUST try to increase the brightness as u normally use it cause the screen ia still working just no backlight;)

elegantchaos

Mar 23, 2008
no 3g

Great rom. My tab2 hasn´t ran this smooth before i think. Only problem is, I can´t get my 3G data to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SlimLP Android 5.x

A new "unified" Galaxy Tab 2 section was added to our forum because we don't make a difference between p31xx an p51xx specific roms.

Please use the Thread here for SlimLP related questions and feedback
    How do I donate US$10? It is the right way to say Thank You for your excellent work.

Hey and thanks!
    I don't have a donation address, but If you like to donate for my work, please directly donate to SlimRoms to keep this rom alive. SlimRoms needs some money each month to pay the webserver, jenkins server and buildsever for team member which isn't cheap.

Another way to make me happy would be to donate to an organization who cares about kids having cancer.
    I had blood cancer in 2001 (when i was 12/13 years old) and i am happy begin still alive :)

SlimRoms side 5.1 stopped, but not on my side :) new build next week ;)

Gesendet von meinem LG-H815 mit Tapatalk
    Hey together!

New updates are available!

Thanks to @RobbieL811 for giving me access to his buildserver and hosting the new builds!
    Robbie and i worked on SlimCenter last night to use it for unofficial builds too!
    After updating on latest build you'll be able to use the OTA function from SlimCenter to check for updates!

Cristian Giordano did a great drawable to gett access to SlimCenter from Settings again (not merged official atm).
    I also added more QuickSettings (Thanks to Robbie again, not merged official atm).

New Download-Links:
    P5100
    http://209.95.39.164/SlimLP/p5100

P5110
    http://209.95.39.164/SlimLP/p5110
    New builds uploaded.

i think the lock screen bug got adressed already.

One thing i noticed:
    Screenshot was broken on different L roms for me (AOSP and Slim)
    Now i wiped cache,dalvic,system,data and internal storage from advanced wipe, after that i used the "wipe data" option (you need to confirm by typing "yes").
    Now screenshot seems to work again while it wasn't before (at least on slim).
    I am not sure what's the reason for this, if something went wrong on recovery side or if i only had been overworked - just in case someone faced same issue.

All kernel changes have been applied to latest build, no need to grap it from previous post.

I noticed some selinux denials i'll fixup later today.

Have a nice day!