Search This thread

greyoldchief

Jan 1, 2012
Pensacola, Florida
P5113

Can the P5110 build be used on a 5113?
SlimLP Android 5.0

tbn434lb.png

SlimRoms is a custom android operating system. The main goal is to offer users a slimmed down but still feature rich alternative to other android operating systems.
The entire SlimTeam work together to bring you this tailor-made beauty straight from Android Open Source Project (AOSP) source code.
All of the sources can be publicly viewed through GitHub and you can stop by the public Gerrit to submit patches of any type.

SlimLP is currently in alpha / beta stage, some custom features are already in place, but much much more is planned for the future.

Download:
Alpha Build P5100
Alpha Build P5110

Google Apps / How to
Our resident Gapps guru, @dankoman, is still working on our custom Gapps. For now please use those provided here.

Important links:

slimroms.net - The official webpage where you find everything you need to know about SlimRoms.

Downloads - Download the rom, gapps and other addons.

Installation instructions - Follow these steps to the letter if you're about to install SlimRoms on your device.

Latest Changelog - Read here if you want information on changes in latest build.

Slim FAQ

Kernel Source - The source of your device's kernel.

Get in touch! - Contact SlimRoms at these places if you have questions, requests or feedback.

Google+

Twitter

Facebook

Forum

Disclaimer: SlimRoms are not responsible for any damages to your device.

XDA:DevDB Information
SlimLP, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2

Contributors
Android-Andi, SlimRoms
Source Code: https://github.com/SlimRoms

ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x

Version Information

Created 2014-12-10
Last Updated 2014-12-10

rush_sykes1994

Dec 12, 2014
uhh... mine not working well.. such as my cellular data is not working well.. only has a signal and camera always force close... cant text and call... what should i do...

Johnsondr80

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 13, 2010
Tuscaloosa
Running a P5113 (WiFi only) with the P5110 build.

Really great job.
No issues so far. ( and not expected )
Followed instruction provided by OP
Installed minimum app selection from play store
Camera seems to be working except I can not seem to figure out how to switch it to the forward facing camera? (Probably just don't know how)
Slim custom setting all work.
Must say. I'm very happy and impressed with such a stable so called beta build.
Will send you a little something something next week.
Keep up the great work Andi!!!

Public notice:
Took a really long time to boot up on first boot. I'm saying- I actually started to worry.
The boot animation stared freezing and I was concerned it might be boot looping.
But I just waited it out. And was rewarded.

Screenshots for those that would like to see
c606b27c885f04ceb78be098e586cc81.jpg

e31b18f0478f4e8fb954971906e1c2d2.jpg

d8a50f54f57fc33927b078658de32c09.jpg

Sent via Tapatalk from my P511x, running Slimpop.

Last edited:

Android-Andi

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 3, 2013
andi34.github.io

deovicchristian

Jan 8, 2014
Bogor
Clean flash and your problem will be gone.
- wipe data
- wipe/format /system
- wipe cache
- wipe dalvic
- flash rom
- reboot
(Gapps can be flashed later, no need yet)

Also make sure using latest recovery, Philz Touch 6.5x.x or TWRP 2.7 or newer.

Send from OnePlus One using Tapatalk
success :) but 2g/3g data not working :(

edit:
+randomreboot :(
+power button doesn't lock the screen

Last edited:

Johnsondr80

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 13, 2010
Tuscaloosa
About the power button

success :) but 2g/3g data not working :(

edit:
+randomreboot :(
+power button doesn't lock the screen

About the power button not locking the screen.
i've seen in the past, if i tried to restore data from an earlier android version ( say like a nandroid restore of the data partition) it would sometimes cause this issue.
but also in weird bug cases some times it best to redownload the rom and verify the MD5 before flashing.
an unstable data connection can sometimes cause packet loss, that not totally corrupts the file but only a small piece.
Also note, back in the day we had a saying. "Wiping twice, will suffice!" (format system and data twice and wipe cache and dalvik twice.)

Reactions: Nick_73

tkso

Dec 12, 2014
Flashed this rom today. It's brilliant! Never thought I would have Android 5.0 Lollipop running on this old tablet. I noticed I lost root access so I just had to flash the CF auto root again but it's fine now.

Reactions: bubblegoose

GP3tto

Dec 9, 2014
Flashed this rom today. It's brilliant! Never thought I would have Android 5.0 Lollipop running on this old tablet. I noticed I lost root access so I just had to flash the CF auto root again but it's fine now.

Root can be enabled in dev options.
--
Runs nice and smooth on p5110 so far. Some apps and Samsung keyboard dock not working(was expected due to ART and slim kernel), few graphic glitches now and then. Camera seems to work, but is rarely used anyway.

I noticed that, if display/adaptive brightness option is enabled (which is the default), I'm able to manually turn the screen brightness to zero (black screen). Is this intended? It confused me in the first place, because I'm used to have my brightness on the lowest setting.

Last edited:

el3ctrician

Nov 30, 2014
Cosenza, Italy
VPN

Hello all :D
This is my first post here in XDA :good: but i used to surfe here like(in XDA). Just tried this ROM and it's quite amazing the fluidety and quite fast to use the tab 2 I never thought that i'll be able to get lollipop on this tablet :cool: . Thanks Andi :)
I got a small problem with my VPN Connection and seems that my data can't be sent through my VPN connection . Any thoughts:confused: ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SlimLP Android 5.x

A new "unified" Galaxy Tab 2 section was added to our forum because we don't make a difference between p31xx an p51xx specific roms.

Please use the Thread here for SlimLP related questions and feedback
    How do I donate US$10? It is the right way to say Thank You for your excellent work.

Hey and thanks!
    I don't have a donation address, but If you like to donate for my work, please directly donate to SlimRoms to keep this rom alive. SlimRoms needs some money each month to pay the webserver, jenkins server and buildsever for team member which isn't cheap.

Another way to make me happy would be to donate to an organization who cares about kids having cancer.
    I had blood cancer in 2001 (when i was 12/13 years old) and i am happy begin still alive :)

Send from OnePlus One using Tapatalk
    SlimRoms side 5.1 stopped, but not on my side :) new build next week ;)

Gesendet von meinem LG-H815 mit Tapatalk
    Hey together!

New updates are available!

Thanks to @RobbieL811 for giving me access to his buildserver and hosting the new builds!
    Robbie and i worked on SlimCenter last night to use it for unofficial builds too!
    After updating on latest build you'll be able to use the OTA function from SlimCenter to check for updates!

Cristian Giordano did a great drawable to gett access to SlimCenter from Settings again (not merged official atm).
    I also added more QuickSettings (Thanks to Robbie again, not merged official atm).

New Download-Links:
    P5100
    http://209.95.39.164/SlimLP/p5100

P5110
    http://209.95.39.164/SlimLP/p5110
    New builds uploaded.

i think the lock screen bug got adressed already.

One thing i noticed:
    Screenshot was broken on different L roms for me (AOSP and Slim)
    Now i wiped cache,dalvic,system,data and internal storage from advanced wipe, after that i used the "wipe data" option (you need to confirm by typing "yes").
    Now screenshot seems to work again while it wasn't before (at least on slim).
    I am not sure what's the reason for this, if something went wrong on recovery side or if i only had been overworked - just in case someone faced same issue.

All kernel changes have been applied to latest build, no need to grap it from previous post.

I noticed some selinux denials i'll fixup later today.

Have a nice day!