[DEPRECATED] SlimLP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

alien302

Apr 26, 2012
BOOT LOOP

It doesn't need to be started. Try on getting it while beeing on bootloop - else we can't look into the issue.

Send from OnePlus One using Tapatalk

Hi
When restarting my tab using your latest build it would get stuck in a boot loop , it would boot fine from a cold boot.
Logcat below. Hope this helps

E/AndroidRuntime( 493): *** FATAL EXCEPTION IN SYSTEM PROCESS: main

E/AndroidRuntime( 493): java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to start service com.android.server.BatteryService: onStart threw an exception

E/AndroidRuntime( 493): at com.android.server.SystemServiceManager.startService(SystemServiceManager.java:111)

E/AndroidRuntime( 493): at com.android.server.SystemServer.startCoreServices(SystemServer.java:371)

E/AndroidRuntime( 493): at com.android.server.SystemServer.run(SystemServer.java:255)

E/AndroidRuntime( 493): at com.android.server.SystemServer.main(SystemServer.java:170)

E/AndroidRuntime( 493): at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)

E/AndroidRuntime( 493): at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:372)

E/AndroidRuntime( 493): at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:898)

E/AndroidRuntime( 493): at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:693)

E/AndroidRuntime( 493): Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke interface method 'void android.os.IBatteryPropertiesRegistrar.registerListener(android.os.IBatteryPropertiesListener)' on a null object reference

E/AndroidRuntime( 493): at com.android.server.BatteryService.onStart(BatteryService.java:184)

E/AndroidRuntime( 493): at com.android.server.SystemServiceManager.startService(SystemServiceManager.java:109)

deesto-xda

Apr 23, 2011
NY
Is this ROM incompatible with SuperSU (2.40)? Seemed fine until I flashed SuperSU after flashing SlimLP, after which boots and reboots went to an endless logo.

homephysician

Sep 2, 2010
PELL CITY
Is this ROM incompatible with SuperSU (2.40)? Seemed fine until I flashed SuperSU after flashing SlimLP, after which boots and reboots went to an endless logo.
What recovery are you running ? Might need to be updated. I'm running 2.4 on mine. Had similar problems till I updated my recovery. Then I did a clean install and all is well, battery even seems to charge faster and last longer.

rob_z11

Sep 20, 2010
What recovery are you running ? Might need to be updated. I'm running 2.4 on mine. Had similar problems till I updated my recovery. Then I did a clean install and all is well, battery even seems to charge faster and last longer.

I have the same issue using philz_touch_6.57.8-p5110, Slim_mini_gapps.BETA.5.0.x.build.0.x-20150114 and latest Slim-p 2017

Look few posts back as some of including me is having issues if endless boot, but hold power button and let it go through couple of times, and let go of power button and it boots right up

Sent from my SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

claudio182

Jun 16, 2009
Hello, great rom, i was using the stock 4.2.2 and put this one... it´s another tablet! :D

My only issue is in Netflix. The app works until i try play the video, and go to a loading loop that never ends :(

Can be fixed or it's a generic problem with the customs roms?

THX a lot ;)

mentat

Feb 9, 2007
@claudio182 someone posted an old apk that works. There's no way to fix it atm, it's a drm related problem.

@claudio182

I had an issue with Netfix and the "forced DNS" issue implemented in version 3.7.2+
Here's a link to a support forum http://help.unotelly.com/support/solutions/articles/199318-netflix-3-7-2-not-working-on-android with a link to the last version that does NOT force the use of Google's DNS (com.netflix.mediaclient-3.7.1-build-1711.apk)... I hope this version works for you (I'm going to try it on the build that Andi just posted).

deesto-xda

Apr 23, 2011
NY
What recovery are you running ? Might need to be updated. I'm running 2.4 on mine. Had similar problems till I updated my recovery. Then id a clean install and all is well, battery even seems to charge faster and last longer.
TWRP 2.8.1.1, which was the latest flash-able ZIP I could find when I started out last weekend. The official DL page for this device gives links to odin and IMG files and dead goo.im links. Please let me know if you know of a newer, reliable ZIP version.

Look few posts back as some of including me is having issues if endless boot, but hold power button and let it go through couple of times, and let go of power button and it boots right up
This seems to work sometimes but not every time, sometimes requires several tries, and makes rebooting painful.
EDIT: after updating to today's build, nothing I do, including about 30 reboots, button hold downs,etc., will get the device out of endless boot and into the OS.
Why are you flashing SuperSU if the problem happens after that?
I have some apps that look for root permissions and hang if they cant get them, or more accurately, don't get a response after asking for them. I also like to know what apps are requesting root access, and to be able to control what gets it. I just assumed every ROM had (or needed) a similar app to control root access but it's not always included. It may also be just a coincidence, as other users seem to report the same problem without SuperSU.

Last edited:

deesto-xda

Apr 23, 2011
NY
This seems to work sometimes but not every time, sometimes requires several tries, and makes rebooting painful.
EDIT: after updating to today's build, nothing I do, including about 30 reboots, button hold downs,etc., will get the device out of endless boot and into the OS.
After more experimentation, I don't think the endless boot issue is specific to this ROM; seems all LP based ROMs are doing the same thing. Sometimes they boot into the OS right away, and sometimes it takes several tries or more, even after a full wipe and format and reinstall, and flashing recovery to the latest available (TWRP 2.8.4.0 via Andi's links -- thank you).

rob_z11

Sep 20, 2010
After more experimentation, I don't think the endless boot issue is specific to this ROM; seems all LP based ROMs are doing the same thing. Sometimes they boot into the OS right away, and sometimes it takes several tries or more, even after a full wipe and format and reinstall, and flashing recovery to the latest available (TWRP 2.8.4.0 via Andi's links -- thank you).

Not true. I have note 2 and s3 phones running LP and they don't go in bootloop. Even my HP touchpad running LP boots fine.

Sent from my SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

deesto-xda

Apr 23, 2011
NY
Not true. I have note 2 and s3 phones running LP and they don't go in bootloop. Even my HP touchpad running LP boots fine.
How does that disprove what I said, which was simply that my issue was possibly not related only to this ROM?

---------- Post added at 12:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 PM ----------

Do you guys close all.apps from recents before rebooting?
Not me. Is that recommended? Will try that; thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SlimLP Android 5.x

A new "unified" Galaxy Tab 2 section was added to our forum because we don't make a difference between p31xx an p51xx specific roms.

Please use the Thread here for SlimLP related questions and feedback
    How do I donate US$10? It is the right way to say Thank You for your excellent work.

Hey and thanks!
    I don't have a donation address, but If you like to donate for my work, please directly donate to SlimRoms to keep this rom alive. SlimRoms needs some money each month to pay the webserver, jenkins server and buildsever for team member which isn't cheap.

Another way to make me happy would be to donate to an organization who cares about kids having cancer.
    I had blood cancer in 2001 (when i was 12/13 years old) and i am happy begin still alive :)

SlimRoms side 5.1 stopped, but not on my side :) new build next week ;)

Gesendet von meinem LG-H815 mit Tapatalk
    Hey together!

New updates are available!

Thanks to @RobbieL811 for giving me access to his buildserver and hosting the new builds!
    Robbie and i worked on SlimCenter last night to use it for unofficial builds too!
    After updating on latest build you'll be able to use the OTA function from SlimCenter to check for updates!

Cristian Giordano did a great drawable to gett access to SlimCenter from Settings again (not merged official atm).
    I also added more QuickSettings (Thanks to Robbie again, not merged official atm).

New Download-Links:
    P5100
    http://209.95.39.164/SlimLP/p5100

P5110
    http://209.95.39.164/SlimLP/p5110
    New builds uploaded.

i think the lock screen bug got adressed already.

One thing i noticed:
    Screenshot was broken on different L roms for me (AOSP and Slim)
    Now i wiped cache,dalvic,system,data and internal storage from advanced wipe, after that i used the "wipe data" option (you need to confirm by typing "yes").
    Now screenshot seems to work again while it wasn't before (at least on slim).
    I am not sure what's the reason for this, if something went wrong on recovery side or if i only had been overworked - just in case someone faced same issue.

All kernel changes have been applied to latest build, no need to grap it from previous post.

I noticed some selinux denials i'll fixup later today.

Have a nice day!
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone