Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Johnsondr80

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 13, 2010
Tuscaloosa
Logcat reports!

About alpha 0.9 build:

I need a full logcat and dmesg from to check for SELinux denials/warnings. At least on p3110 SELinux stuff seems to be fixed at the moment.

If nobody beats me to it, then I will send you the requested data in 24 hours.
(From my p511x)
Cheers
[emoji6]
:victory: @Android-Andi
Alrighty, well as far as SELinux in PERMISSIVE mode, I can't get anything to show in the LOGCAT, however with SELinux in ENFORCING mode its a whole new story.
While in ENFORCING mode the tablet becomes quite USELESS. Its constantly locked up and even the hardware button presses fail to give an adequate response time (sometimes 20sec).
Warning to all - Do not use ENFORCING MODE SELinux - (unless you're trying to show your loved one why you need a new one for christmas :highfive:) KEEP PERMISSIVE MODE
I got a good bit of catting done while in this mode for you ANDI.
I've taken the extra step to "SLIM" the data for you. Keyword "SVC" as i'm sure you are already aware. :silly:
But never the less your Requested data can be Downloaded Here
:cool:
Thanks Again For your Efforts and hard work

DarkWolffe

Nov 26, 2012
Can't play HTML5 video using Chrome or the AOSP browser. Tumblr also refuses to play them, but YouTube works just fine.

dhalan

May 22, 2009
USB tethering is working, but Wifi not...
If someone can tell how to get wifi hotspot to work again, that would be nice :)

Kichkandi

Dec 18, 2014
Couple of things went wrong

Well, somethings went wrong with my installation of the Alpha 8 version. Like for starters, the battery charges very very slow, like even after a couple of hours the battery has charged like 12% from 0. That is one problem which is intensified by the amount of battery it takes. Had 100% battery before I slept, woke up to a completely exhausted device. No memory hogging applications were running because all I was doing was listening to podcasts on podcast republic. So there is the battery issue and I also have a problem with the Hardware Rendering on the device because none of the players that I have installed VLC media player and MX Player ran on Hardware Rendering mode which accelerates this problem because it renders me unable to watch any youtube videos. The App prompts with an error that says Unknown Playback Error. So that is another problem that I faced. Apart from that everything is smooth and the ROM runs exceptionally fast and even looks good, as expected from Android 5.0.

All of these errors were seen on a P5113 (wi-fi only) device, flashed with PhilZ Touch. And also I know this ROM is in Alpha and I'm not complaning, just reporting some bugs that came out on my device that might need fixing on the final release. Congrats SlimRom team for releasing an amazing ROM and hope all the kinks are worked out in the final release. Goodluck. :fingers-crossed:

That said, I'm reverting back to the 4.4 build of SlimKat for now, Lollipop to buggy for me but will be coming back her to check in any nighties are up.

Last edited:

DarkWolffe

Nov 26, 2012
Well, somethings went wrong with my installation of the Alpha 8 version. Like for starters, the battery charges very very slow, like even after a couple of hours the battery has charged like 12% from 0. That is one problem which is intensified by the amount of battery it takes. Had 100% battery before I slept, woke up to a completely exhausted device. No memory hogging applications were running because all I was doing was listening to podcasts on podcast republic. So there is the battery issue and I also have a problem with the Hardware Rendering on the device because none of the players that I have installed VLC media player and MX Player ran on Hardware Rendering mode which accelerates this problem because it renders me unable to watch any youtube videos. The App prompts with an error that says Unknown Playback Error. So that is another problem that I faced. Apart from that everything is smooth and the ROM runs exceptionally fast and even looks good, as expected from Android 5.0.

All of these errors were seen on a P5113 (wi-fi only) device, flashed with PhilZ Touch. And also I know this ROM is in Alpha and I'm not complaning, just reporting some bugs that came out on my device that might need fixing on the final release. Congrats SlimRom team for releasing an amazing ROM and hope all the kinks are worked out in the final release. Goodluck. :fingers-crossed:

That said, I'm reverting back to the 4.4 build of SlimKat for now, Lollipop to buggy for me but will be coming back her to check in any nighties are up.

There's a 0.9 alpha available currently. As far as your battery life goes, I'm not certain. I have the same device model, but it'll sit overnight and barely budge.

frza_

Dec 31, 2013
Running smooth on my tab. Awesome. Thanks andi

Sent from my P6-U06 using XDA Free mobile app

DarkWolffe

Nov 26, 2012
Currently bugged:
* Turning brightness down to minimum causes the screen to black out
* Sometimes Bluetooth won't turn off for any good reason
* Superuser baked-in to Settings means you can't install the Superuser app from the Play Store and receive the updated benefits due to a permissions issue
* Volume buttons are upside-down if in portrait mode

deovicchristian

Jan 8, 2014
Bogor
Currently bugged:
* Superuser baked-in to Settings means you can't install the Superuser app from the Play Store and receive the updated benefits due to a permissions issue

+1
but still, great rom ! thanks dev :)

mazhura

Nov 25, 2014
Install APK

Help me please,I can not install the application through the list of downloads, file manager was not set a default

nEUTRon666

May 15, 2007
Aschaffenburg
How is it that it keeps crashing for me?
It takes almost 10 minutes to boot up, which from previous posts in this thread, seems to be normal. Once it boots up though it is very unstable and keeps crashing and either reboots or hangs.....could it be a problem with the SuperSU that i flash (which is the latest version by the way).....any help will be greatly appreciated! I trying to flash alpha Version 0.8 following the installation instruction to the letter.

Currently bugged:

If you completely disable the root options in developer settings, you can install superuser and use all functionalities without any problem. This also solved my rebooting problems and stuff after installing superuser.

DarkWolffe

Nov 26, 2012
If you completely disable the root options in developer settings, you can install superuser and use all functionalities without any problem. This also solved my rebooting problems and stuff after installing superuser.

I have root disabled, as well as Developer Options. Still did not fix the problem.

DarkWolffe

Nov 26, 2012
If anyone's still having trouble playing HTML5 video or YouTube, try enabling the NuPlayer under Media in the Developer Options.

If that doesn't help, wiping the cache partition reportedly solves the problem.

Issue 79316

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SlimLP Android 5.x

A new "unified" Galaxy Tab 2 section was added to our forum because we don't make a difference between p31xx an p51xx specific roms.

Please use the Thread here for SlimLP related questions and feedback
    How do I donate US$10? It is the right way to say Thank You for your excellent work.

Hey and thanks!
    I don't have a donation address, but If you like to donate for my work, please directly donate to SlimRoms to keep this rom alive. SlimRoms needs some money each month to pay the webserver, jenkins server and buildsever for team member which isn't cheap.

Another way to make me happy would be to donate to an organization who cares about kids having cancer.
    I had blood cancer in 2001 (when i was 12/13 years old) and i am happy begin still alive :)

Send from OnePlus One using Tapatalk
    SlimRoms side 5.1 stopped, but not on my side :) new build next week ;)

Gesendet von meinem LG-H815 mit Tapatalk
    Hey together!

New updates are available!

Thanks to @RobbieL811 for giving me access to his buildserver and hosting the new builds!
    Robbie and i worked on SlimCenter last night to use it for unofficial builds too!
    After updating on latest build you'll be able to use the OTA function from SlimCenter to check for updates!

Cristian Giordano did a great drawable to gett access to SlimCenter from Settings again (not merged official atm).
    I also added more QuickSettings (Thanks to Robbie again, not merged official atm).

New Download-Links:
    P5100
    http://209.95.39.164/SlimLP/p5100

P5110
    http://209.95.39.164/SlimLP/p5110
    New builds uploaded.

i think the lock screen bug got adressed already.

One thing i noticed:
    Screenshot was broken on different L roms for me (AOSP and Slim)
    Now i wiped cache,dalvic,system,data and internal storage from advanced wipe, after that i used the "wipe data" option (you need to confirm by typing "yes").
    Now screenshot seems to work again while it wasn't before (at least on slim).
    I am not sure what's the reason for this, if something went wrong on recovery side or if i only had been overworked - just in case someone faced same issue.

All kernel changes have been applied to latest build, no need to grap it from previous post.

I noticed some selinux denials i'll fixup later today.

Have a nice day!