[CLOSED][DEPRECATED] SlimLP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

mwebb34

Sep 9, 2012
I just got the GT-P5113 im on 4.2.2 is it rootable? Theres a software update available but im holding off to see if I can root and install TWRP. Thanks

bricker1

Apr 8, 2012
yes its rootable with odin flash of a recovery or find chinese method vroot no computer then install clockworkmod with rom manager make nandroid

mwebb34

Sep 9, 2012
yes its rootable with odin flash of a recovery or find chinese method vroot no computer then install clockworkmod with rom manager make nandroid
I would rather have twrp. Im trying to find some links to root. I have odin v3.09 downloaded.

---------- Post added at 12:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 PM ----------

I tried to download the cf-autoroot but it said exceeded bandwidth, that happened when I clicked on the download link.

inouext

May 5, 2011
Where i can find a issue list ?
What is working and what is not, read the first and some last pages, didn't find.
Thanks.

mentat

Feb 9, 2007

maxens63

Dec 9, 2013
OnePlus 9
I arrived at 14300 with cpu oc at 1.2 and 15073 with CPU at 1350 mhz

Sent from my HUAWEI P7-L10 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

sintu_cf

May 2, 2012
Ekaterinburg
There seems to be an issue with the chromecast device. It is not showing on list of available devices and streaming through YouTube app only gives logo and sound on the TV.
Otherwise it is great to have a lollipop on Tab 2 honestly.
Thanks a lot, Android-Andi

Downloaded and installed.....was really excited with the layout, features, and the overall feel. I used/worked with it for about 4 days, but had to go with another ROM.

I had numerous issues..... Chrome search pages would overlap, then freeze, requiring a reboot. Often times I would hit the "home" icon, and it simply would not work. Several times when multiple apps were open, the screen would go black, and the tablet would reboot.

I'm not tech savvy enough with roms to say for sure, but it appears there might be a major memory leak..... during normal use with other roms, average memory usage would be in the <50% range.....with this rom it would be at 60%+ at boot, and continue to climb without opening any apps. If 2-3 apps were opened, the memory usage wout be 90%+, and everything would slow down to a crawl.

I realize this is an alpha, and look forward to future versions, but for now it makes my Tab2 nearly unusable.

hollandais

Nov 13, 2012
Morsang sur Orge
It's very strange that some of you have high battery drain, I don't have it and I dirty flash all the ROMs.
But may be it comes from the first flash. In case of a first flash I do always a clean.

Envoyé de mon GT-P5110 en utilisant Tapatalk

Last edited:

maxens63

Dec 9, 2013
OnePlus 9
I've been using this rom for a couple of days now.. and everything works well. No issues to report.:)

Sent from my HUAWEI P7-L10 using XDA Free mobile app

sintu_cf

May 2, 2012
Ekaterinburg
Also found the bug with the brightness control. When you put it to minimum it just turns off the screen with no way to get it back. Some kind of limiter would be nice. )) Had to wipe data to get it working again.

Johnsondr80

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 13, 2010
Tuscaloosa
Also found the bug with the brightness control. When you put it to minimum it just turns off the screen with no way to get it back. Some kind of limiter would be nice. )) Had to wipe data to get it working again.

Go into settings / Display /
Turn off adaptive brightness (second listing from the top)
To avoid an accidental "black out"

Once that is turned off you will find that the brightness slider min setting will no longer turn off the display backlight.

minidou-77

Aug 6, 2011
Running perfectly fine here too. The only issue I have is Firefox not working (crashes after launch). I use the stock browser and it's fine.
Thanks again for the great work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SlimLP Android 5.x

A new "unified" Galaxy Tab 2 section was added to our forum because we don't make a difference between p31xx an p51xx specific roms.

Please use the Thread here for SlimLP related questions and feedback
    How do I donate US$10? It is the right way to say Thank You for your excellent work.

Hey and thanks!
    I don't have a donation address, but If you like to donate for my work, please directly donate to SlimRoms to keep this rom alive. SlimRoms needs some money each month to pay the webserver, jenkins server and buildsever for team member which isn't cheap.

Another way to make me happy would be to donate to an organization who cares about kids having cancer.
    I had blood cancer in 2001 (when i was 12/13 years old) and i am happy begin still alive :)

Send from OnePlus One using Tapatalk
    SlimRoms side 5.1 stopped, but not on my side :) new build next week ;)

Gesendet von meinem LG-H815 mit Tapatalk
    Hey together!

New updates are available!

Thanks to @RobbieL811 for giving me access to his buildserver and hosting the new builds!
    Robbie and i worked on SlimCenter last night to use it for unofficial builds too!
    After updating on latest build you'll be able to use the OTA function from SlimCenter to check for updates!

Cristian Giordano did a great drawable to gett access to SlimCenter from Settings again (not merged official atm).
    I also added more QuickSettings (Thanks to Robbie again, not merged official atm).

New Download-Links:
    P5100
    http://209.95.39.164/SlimLP/p5100

P5110
    http://209.95.39.164/SlimLP/p5110
    New builds uploaded.

i think the lock screen bug got adressed already.

One thing i noticed:
    Screenshot was broken on different L roms for me (AOSP and Slim)
    Now i wiped cache,dalvic,system,data and internal storage from advanced wipe, after that i used the "wipe data" option (you need to confirm by typing "yes").
    Now screenshot seems to work again while it wasn't before (at least on slim).
    I am not sure what's the reason for this, if something went wrong on recovery side or if i only had been overworked - just in case someone faced same issue.

All kernel changes have been applied to latest build, no need to grap it from previous post.

I noticed some selinux denials i'll fixup later today.

Have a nice day!