[DER KERNEL] Trinity for Nexus 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

jonup

Dec 27, 2012
Hey guys, I need some help. I have an assignment to do and I need some people to fill out a survey about dissections in high schools. I started a thread in the Off-Topic section ( http://forum.xda-developers.com/general/off-topic/dissection-schools-t3033654 ) but I haven't gotten any responses yet. Could you guys please fill out my survey?
Here's the survey: http://goo.gl/forms/xU2gjBTaQi

Done, but this is one hell of a skewed survey. If you don't want to dissect animals just don't do it, but but that doesn't make you a better human being. Because, one they one interested student might eliminate a decease that would have other wise wipe the entire population. It's usually kids that grew up furthest away from the nature who are the biggest "nature preservers. They are the out of touch from reality.
:p

Reactions: ninjablackwing

ninjablackwing

Nov 17, 2013
Done, but this is one hell of a skewed survey. If you don't want to dissect animals just don't do it, but but that doesn't make you a better human being. Because, one they one interested student might eliminate a decease that would have other wise wipe the entire population. It's usually kids that grew up furthest away from the nature who are the biggest "nature preservers. They are the out of touch from reality.
:p

Thank you for filling it out. :) Actually, I'm not supposed to take any sides. The purpose of the assignment is to explore controversial bioethics issues and analyse what people think about these issues (in this case it was about dissections in high schools). I hope the survey didn't seem as if I was against dissections.

jonup

Dec 27, 2012
Thank you for filling it out. :) Actually, I'm not supposed to take any sides. The purpose of the assignment is to explore controversial bioethics issues and analyse what people think about these issues (in this case it was about dissections in high schools). I hope the survey didn't seem as if I was against dissections.

But all the questions were basically trying to make you feel bad about dissecting. None of the benefits were presented. All questions were "would you dissect and animal if you know you are taking lives away?" And none of the questions feel like "would you take a life a way by dissecting an animal if you can save a population?"

ninjablackwing

Nov 17, 2013
But all the questions were basically trying to make you feel bad about dissecting. None of the benefits were presented. All questions were "would you dissect and animal if you know you are taking lives away?" And none of the questions feel like "would you take a life a way by dissecting an animal if you can save a population?"
In high school, students dissect animals to learn about the parts of animal bodies so I'm not so sure that high school students can "save a population". However, I do understand that researchers and scientists may benefit from dissecting animals. The topic becomes more controversial as we start discussing the usage of dissection outside of a high school setting.

jonup

Dec 27, 2012
In high school, students dissect animals to learn about the parts of animal bodies so I'm not so sure that high school students can "save a population". However, I do understand that researchers and scientists may benefit from dissecting animals. The topic becomes more controversial as we start discussing the usage of dissection outside of a high school setting.

Researchers and scientist were high school students at one point or another :p

ninjablackwing

Nov 17, 2013
Researchers and scientist were high school students at one point or another :p

That's true and it's part of the reason why I decided to include a question about the impact of dissection on career goals. Some people may be inspired to become a researcher or a scientist because of the dissection labs but others may realize that they do not want to do a job that requires dissecting animals. It's all personal opinion and at the end of the day, the survey helps me understand the opinions of others about dissections in high schools.

albundy2010

Sep 24, 2010
That's true and it's part of the reason why I decided to include a question about the impact of dissection on career goals. Some people may be inspired to become a researcher or a scientist because of the dissection labs but others may realize that they do not want to do a job that requires dissecting animals. It's all personal opinion and at the end of the day, the survey helps me understand the opinions of others about dissections in high schools.
Well the problem with that is the entire concept. Caring what the general public thinks about education.

I don't give a crap what the average crap for brains thinks should be in their school. That is how you end up with all the imbeciles that say stupid crap like teach the controversy in science class.

Or this which I just seen. Oklahoma Lawmakers Vote Overwhelmingly To Ban Advanced Placement U.S. History http://thinkprogress.org/education/...hleming-ban-advanced-placement-history-class/

Again I don't give a damn what the dumb students think. What their dumb parents or local backwards community thinks either.

jonup

Dec 27, 2012
Well the problem with that is the entire concept. Caring what the general public thinks about education.

I don't give a crap what the average crap for brains thinks should be in their school. That is how you end up with all the imbeciles that say stupid crap like teach the controversy in science class.

Or this which I just seen. Oklahoma Lawmakers Vote Overwhelmingly To Ban Advanced Placement U.S. History http://thinkprogress.org/education/...hleming-ban-advanced-placement-history-class/

Again I don't give a damn what the dumb students think. What their dumb parents or local backwards community thinks either.

Roflmao @black robe regiment from the article.

Wdustin1

Nov 19, 2010
Wichita, KS
Hey guys, I need some help. I have an assignment to do and I need some people to fill out a survey about dissections in high schools. I started a thread in the Off-Topic section ( http://forum.xda-developers.com/general/off-topic/dissection-schools-t3033654 ) but I haven't gotten any responses yet. Could you guys please fill out my survey?
Here's the survey: http://goo.gl/forms/xU2gjBTaQi

I took the survey, I was scared to answer. It tried to make you feel bad about saying dissection is OK.

ninjablackwing

Nov 17, 2013
Thanks to everyone who took time to complete the survey. I do realize that the survey tends to focus on the negatives of dissections in high schools, but please keep in mind that this topic would not be so controversial if there were no negatives. I would not even have a purpose to conduct a survey regarding this topic if it was not controversial. Since the negatives make this topic controversial I placed more emphasis on finding out what people think about the negatives. I hope you all understand. I apologize if the survey caused anyone to feel offended or bad about supporting dissections. If I had conducted a survey about "Should Samsung continue to lock bootloaders and installing KNOX to their devices?" I'm sure a lot more people would not be as offended if I placed the focus of the questions on the negatives of locked bootloaders and KNOX because we understand that the negatives to locked bootloaders and KNOX are the reasons as to why the people might buy Nexus devices instead of Samsung devices. I appreciate the constructive criticism and I'll try to create better surveys in the future if I ever have to conduct surveys again.

jonup

Dec 27, 2012
Thanks to everyone who took time to complete the survey. I do realize that the survey tends to focus on the negatives of dissections in high schools, but please keep in mind that this topic would not be so controversial if there were no negatives. I would not even have a purpose to conduct a survey regarding this topic if it was not controversial. Since the negatives make this topic controversial I placed more emphasis on finding out what people think about the negatives. I hope you all understand. I apologize if the survey caused anyone to feel offended or bad about supporting dissections. If I had conducted a survey about "Should Samsung continue to lock bootloaders and installing KNOX to their devices?" I'm sure a lot more people would not be as offended if I placed the focus of the questions on the negatives of locked bootloaders and KNOX because we understand that the negatives to locked bootloaders and KNOX are the reasons as to why the people might buy Nexus devices instead of Samsung devices. I appreciate the constructive criticism and I'll try to create better surveys in the future if I ever have to conduct surveys again.

This is only controversial to kids who grew in the cities and their parents painted an utopian picture of the world to make them feel good.
Nothing special to anyone who had to gut a roadkill or hunt. And please don't mistake me for one of those gun nuts. I don't care about the unnecessary polarization on both ends.

albundy2010

Sep 24, 2010
Speaking of dinosaurs. I watched a podcast / video hangout thing with the dinosaur denier lady...... Can't say much more without ending up breaking xda language rules..

Reactions: jonup
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kernel: http://www.derkernel.com
    Source: http://bitbucket.org/morfic/trinity_five

This thread benefits from "OT posts" as it fosters a healthy community in which "users helping users" is strong. Which in turn helps me to focus on development.
    Thank You for understanding this.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Featuring:
    • Build optimizations
    • Removed wasteful debugging
    • Scheduler, Governor tweaks
    • Up to 2726MHz (higher clocks will vary from device to device) and boots up @ 2.26GHz, stock clock
    • Performance through research
    • Buzzword Free (Not pushing buzzwords to drop them later like others)

XDA:DevDB Information
    Trinity for Nexus 5, Kernel for the Google Nexus 5

Contributors
    morfic, simms22
    Kernel Special Features:

Version Information

Created 2014-10-12
    Last Updated 2014-10-12
    ok, enough of this, we have a new kernel to test. yes its a 443 kernel. yes it runs on 442. yes its a trinity kernel :) http://goo.gl/38Uxte
    It's rare I read 8+ pages in one thread in its entirety, but didn't want to miss out on the warm welcome.

Thanks everyone.
    looks like home, smells like home, feels like home.. yup, it must be my home :)
    @soccerfan6789
    Dude hope you won't misunderstand my words. I'm fine with people posting their own builds here, in my threads, everywhere. I'm fine, that's what open source is all about. I have and had no problems with people kanging my work and just change the build name and few things here and there and then taking off with their own threads. I'm fine because this is a free world and if doing so makes you happy, who the **** am I to stop you? I'm fine but if I may, I have a suggestion: if you like building android, keep it like that, something fun. Building from source is way different than cherry-picking and kanging. There is not much fun nor karma in copying and changing things, but there is a lot of fun and greatness in learning. Keep your project yours and try to be humble. None of us is doing anything special. I won't tell you the details but I have seen so much **** and so many disgraceful people that I got sick of it. This is why I love quite threads, goal of rastakat is to be quite and smooth on your nexus without the use of fancy ot, mouthful words and features to attract more users. rastakat is body and soul because she still is what she was born for: fun.
    More peace and more weed for all!