Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

simms22

Recognized Contributor - R.I.P
Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com

its just the in house youtube app for testing in house before release. it has a funny icon..

14%2B-%2B1

---------- Post added at 07:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 PM ----------

Update through play store changes icon to a dog bone. Is that the same thing as this?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

probably

DREWHAMM974

Dec 2, 2012
Athens, Alabama
its just the in house youtube app for testing in house before release. it has a funny icon..

14%2B-%2B1

---------- Post added at 07:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 PM ----------

probably

If it's an in house testing apk how did I manage to get it through play store I wonder?

Attachments

• 1394666445911.jpg
    1394666445911.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 336

jonup

Dec 27, 2012
No, the REAL question is why is this practically the only thread where no updates are given in either the title or OP? With people conversing almost 24 hours a day, how is anyone supposed to find a link to a new kernel when the OP doesn't post anything (except on his site). Even then, 9c isn't anywhere noticeable.

I'm sure plenty has answered your question already, but just to reiterate.
First off, the ones that are not on derkernel are considered test kernel. "Test" as in completely functional but tested for the effects of changes to the code.
Second, you are a short question away from getting a link to the latest test kernel.
Third and the most important, this forum provide a platform for people who love phones, and tech in general, but have a little bit of personality (unlike most uptight tech nerds) to converse and share knowledge, jokes and news.
So if you don't care about our conversations and you want the latest kernel, skip reading the op, and any of the post and just ask for a link to the latest kernel. You might not like us, but we like you. :p

DREWHAMM974

Dec 2, 2012
Athens, Alabama
I'm sure plenty has answered your question already, but just to reiterate.
First off, the ones that are not on derkernel are considered test kernel. "Test" as in completely functional but tested for the effects of changes to the code.
Second, you are a short question away from getting a link to the latest test kernel.
Third and the most important, this forum provide a platform for people who love phones, and tech in general, but have a little bit of personality (unlike most uptight tech nerds) to converse and share knowledge, jokes and news.
So if you don't care about our conversations and you want the latest kernel, skip reading the op, and any of the post and just ask for a link to the latest kernel. You might not like us, but we like you. :p

Sorry buddy but you're wrong. We don't like anyone we LOVE them. Yep I love you all.

(That'll scare em away lol)

KiD3991

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Dec 21, 2012
IDK guys, recently my battery life had been quite bad.
I'm on like, 1.2Ghz Quad(B9C), deadline, low vibrate , -50mv global.
But I never seem to get even 3 hour SOT upon reaching 30%. :(
I greenify everything except Whatsapp. I even run on 2G only.

thedudejdog

Sep 22, 2008
Kansas City Mo

You're trying too hard.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

thedudejdog

Sep 22, 2008
Kansas City Mo
Probably. Till this day Nexus 4 still delivers the best SOT I had. 3G burns off SOT pretty fast. Today on 3G nearly the whole day. 50% but only 1:40 SOT.

See my post right above yours? That's 9c with no kernel tweaking app installed. Period. The only root app I use is an ad block app. I don't clear recent apps or greenify anything.

Reactions: jonup and KiD3991

Vangelis13

Probably. Till this day Nexus 4 still delivers the best SOT I had. 3G burns off SOT pretty fast. Today on 3G nearly the whole day. 50% but only 1:40 SOT.

Try a different radio. That's what's probably drinking the juice..

P. S. Or, it's just the way it is in your region, bad signal reception and consequently crappy battery performance. Every time I am in Greece, my battery dies for no apparent reason at double the usual time. Crappy network, even though your phone shows full coverage..

Last edited:

jumparound246

Oct 22, 2012

My best screen on time ever is max 04:15h in a period about 15h standby. Never got better results on any kernel for my usage. I don't greenify anything, don't use tasker anymore and i even don't turn off wifi if i forget to turn off by hand..
The only thing i turned off by hand is location reporting.
Don't worry, i know how to use bbs to check wakelocks or corrupt apps sucking battery. Guess for your and my kind of usage there's no more juice left ;)

So, i'd suggest you to turn off all the battery saving crap and be sure this whole stuff is worthy to mess with...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kernel: http://www.derkernel.com
    Source: http://bitbucket.org/morfic/trinity_five

This thread benefits from "OT posts" as it fosters a healthy community in which "users helping users" is strong. Which in turn helps me to focus on development.
    Thank You for understanding this.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Featuring:
    • Build optimizations
    • Removed wasteful debugging
    • Scheduler, Governor tweaks
    • Up to 2726MHz (higher clocks will vary from device to device) and boots up @ 2.26GHz, stock clock
    • Performance through research
    • Buzzword Free (Not pushing buzzwords to drop them later like others)

XDA:DevDB Information
    Trinity for Nexus 5, Kernel for the Google Nexus 5

Contributors
    morfic, simms22
    Kernel Special Features:

Version Information

Created 2014-10-12
    Last Updated 2014-10-12
    ok, enough of this, we have a new kernel to test. yes its a 443 kernel. yes it runs on 442. yes its a trinity kernel :) http://goo.gl/38Uxte
    It's rare I read 8+ pages in one thread in its entirety, but didn't want to miss out on the warm welcome.

Thanks everyone.
    looks like home, smells like home, feels like home.. yup, it must be my home :)
    @soccerfan6789
    Dude hope you won't misunderstand my words. I'm fine with people posting their own builds here, in my threads, everywhere. I'm fine, that's what open source is all about. I have and had no problems with people kanging my work and just change the build name and few things here and there and then taking off with their own threads. I'm fine because this is a free world and if doing so makes you happy, who the **** am I to stop you? I'm fine but if I may, I have a suggestion: if you like building android, keep it like that, something fun. Building from source is way different than cherry-picking and kanging. There is not much fun nor karma in copying and changing things, but there is a lot of fun and greatness in learning. Keep your project yours and try to be humble. None of us is doing anything special. I won't tell you the details but I have seen so much **** and so many disgraceful people that I got sick of it. This is why I love quite threads, goal of rastakat is to be quite and smooth on your nexus without the use of fancy ot, mouthful words and features to attract more users. rastakat is body and soul because she still is what she was born for: fun.
    More peace and more weed for all!