• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Derpfest ROM android 10 discussion, experiences, mods

Search This thread

Laptapper

Jan 17, 2016
Hi to all

The developers of derpfest ROM don't wanna share the links to Derpfest in xda.
We have to respect this! Don't post any links to ROM or telegram derpfest groups!
Here is the closed thread without links but with important infos:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/Mi-9/help/android-10-derpfest-rom-10-official-t4032543

So, this thread is only for advice, discussions and experiences.

Future requests

Please tell me what you want to have changed or implemented, the I would ask the developers if it could be possible.
My list
1. adding autocall record
2. Adding flip display down to mute ringer
3. Smart charge (charging only to a predefined % value)
4. Adding display saturation level
5. All closing button in recent app list
6. And last to be 100% perfect with 5 stars: a system menu with automatic timebased network disconnect... Like leandroid app

Last edited:

coey0814

Feb 27, 2016
Is it impossible to support the ok google hotword feature?
Sadly hotword don't work on most custom roms in Mi9.

Except few roms
For example, old Bootleggers ROM, EvolutionX 3.5 1224 build etc...

You can assign AI button to ok google or use screen gestures,
but in my case I really need a hotword so I can't move to another rom.

I saw some comments before.
There was a saying that moving from possible ROM to impossible ROM, but the attempt failed.
System - product - priv-app - hotwordenrollmentokgooglehexagon

Laptapper

Jan 17, 2016
Is it impossible to support the ok google hotword feature?
Sadly hotword don't work on most custom roms in Mi9.

Except few roms
For example, old Bootleggers ROM, EvolutionX 3.5 1224 build etc...

You can assign AI button to ok google or use screen gestures,
but in my case I really need a hotword so I can't move to another rom.

I saw some comments before.
There was a saying that moving from possible ROM to impossible ROM, but the attempt failed.
System - product - priv-app - hotwordenrollmentokgooglehexagon

I didn't use it but do you checked all settings?
Have a look here:
https://translate.googleusercontent...700271&usg=ALkJrhjVQfsolQJiA_E-Zura_IPnjE5Krw

Laptapper

Jan 17, 2016
Google cam for derpfest (may be good for all android 10)

Hey ladies ;)
If you want to try my personally favorite of gcam with complete settings (I'm on derpfest but I think it's working quite good in all roms with Android 10) then you can download my backup and restore it with titanium. Recommend is no gcam is installed on starting restore.
https://drive.google.com/uc?id=106vNLIqUZeaIADT6KGIVlSXi9nZLYwkv&export=download

Last edited:

Laptapper

Jan 17, 2016
Am I here alone? ;)
No comments no experiences no feature requests for derpfest (some people thinking it's the best ROM for Mi9!)

Patricmac

Aug 4, 2014

Laptapper

Jan 17, 2016
Battery tweak

I've tested magisk module "MOD optimal battery saving for Mi 9 v3. 7" in newest derpfest
and yesterday evening I was on 71% and today in the morning around 8 hours of sleep it was also 71%!
Never seen such a low battery consumption over night.

Laptapper

Jan 17, 2016
Selfie video still not working

Yes, I think every gcam has some bugs.
Also this one:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1-HAYDgRI2z2Z7pbWMBtmEuP8jStW5oPT
But this one (apk install, unpack my zip xml settings to sd card that you've got a GCam Folder with subfolder Configs7 and there are the xml configs / open cam app and choose the config file by double click black area or in the settings menu)
I've found today and there are a lot of settings adjustable and quite stable. For me perfect pictures....
Try and give feedback.

romek69

Feb 24, 2016
I've used Derpfest for a couple of days and was very happy with it. But I couldn't get Android Auto to work with my car - dark screen on the dashboard and phone would lock up. I've dirty flashed PE and there Android Auto works fine.
I understand Android Auto may be a very rare use case, so I certainly don't want to complain. What's more interesting is that you may apparently try dirty flashing between PE and Derpfest...at least at this moment.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi to all

The developers of derpfest ROM don't wanna share the links to Derpfest in xda.
    We have to respect this! Don't post any links to ROM or telegram derpfest groups!
    Here is the closed thread without links but with important infos:
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/Mi-9/help/android-10-derpfest-rom-10-official-t4032543

So, this thread is only for advice, discussions and experiences.

Future requests

Please tell me what you want to have changed or implemented, the I would ask the developers if it could be possible.
    My list
    1. adding autocall record
    2. Adding flip display down to mute ringer
    3. Smart charge (charging only to a predefined % value)
    4. Adding display saturation level
    5. All closing button in recent app list
    6. And last to be 100% perfect with 5 stars: a system menu with automatic timebased network disconnect... Like leandroid app
    IBTD, a ROM with GAPPS included can never be 'the best ROM' for any device. YMMV but I'd like to decide by myself which Google bloatware I'd like to install.

Cheers
    Toscha
    Thank you, can this be used on MIUI or only ASOP roms?

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk

You could try it with orange fox recovery (if bootloop you can easily deactivate the mod in recovery)
    Yes
    it's not possible to accept incoming calls while in a call already

Ok, I do not have that problem with latest version of Derpfest, yesterday evening I was in a call while driving and could answer a new incoming call via BT-button in my car.
    This does not happen that often so I can't really say if it worked for me or not in previous versions.
    Are you running 20200218-version Laptapper?
    In that case; any problems/new features?

Yes newest version.
    I've didn't recognized any changes.
    Running quite good as before