• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Derpfest ROM android 10 discussion, experiences, mods

Search This thread

stajlus

May 16, 2010
There are new versions online but I'm now on xiaomi.eu in case of missing call waiting feature in all other ROMS. Did you've got the same problem?

Somebody tried last derpfest? Experiences?

I'm running the latest version (2020-02-10) without any problems.
No noticable differences compared to previous version.
What missing call waiting feature are you talking about, do you mean that it's not possible to accept incoming calls while in a call already?

Laptapper

Jan 17, 2016
I'm running the latest version (2020-02-10) without any problems.
No noticable differences compared to previous version.
What missing call waiting feature are you talking about, do you mean that it's not possible to accept incoming calls while in a call already?

Yes
it's not possible to accept incoming calls while in a call already

umax81

Feb 16, 2020
volte

bonjour pouvez svp ajouter volte
mercu
MOD EDIT: Please post only in English according to the FORUM RULES,translation added below:

hello can please add volte
mercu

Last edited by a moderator:

Laptapper

Jan 17, 2016

Attachments

• volte.jpg
    volte.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 280

stajlus

May 16, 2010
I'm running the latest version; 200224.
Everything works fine as before, but I have noticed 2 things;
1. The left button is no longer mapped to screenshot action, nothing happens when I press it.
2. This is the biggest problem for me; call forwarding no longer works, or any MMI-code , ie. *124#, I just get error message 'Connection problem or invalid MMI code'.
I have tried changing network carrier, changing chosen network type and many other things, anyone have any solution/ideas?

DarkRover85

Feb 28, 2020
I'm running the latest version: 200224. So far I have no problems , very smooth, battery looks good, although it's too early to tell. Very good rom.
I use the magisk module for mapping the left button. It offers 15 choices, you need root though.

Last edited:

LoganDeveloper

May 25, 2016
Xiaomi Mi 9
Are you running 20200218-version Laptapper?
In that case; any problems/new features?

I have noticed some new features. Now you can set the fingerprint reading color to white, change the fod icon like in the evolution x ROM, and choose an animation when the sensor reads your fingerprint. Also, you have widevine L1 (I don't know if it was already in the older builds)

Last edited:

stajlus

May 16, 2010
I'm running the latest version; 200224.
Everything works fine as before, but I have noticed 2 things;
1. The left button is no longer mapped to screenshot action, nothing happens when I press it.
2. This is the biggest problem for me; call forwarding no longer works, or any MMI-code , ie. *124#, I just get error message 'Connection problem or invalid MMI code'.
I have tried changing network carrier, changing chosen network type and many other things, anyone have any solution/ideas?

I just wanted to report that the call forwarding problem is solved in the latest version (20200308).

Screenshot is still missing from left side button, I know it is fixable with magisk but I prefer to not be rooted.
This is not a big problem since three finger swipe or long press pwr button works just as good.

Laptapper

Jan 17, 2016
Please could someone be so friendly and post an actually screenshot of derpfest settings window an it would be good a status about power cinsumption SOT...?
Thanks in advance

Reactions: iron1050

epiteto

Jan 24, 2009
Venice
Guys, I'm waiting for my used Mi9, used but I guess it's locked with global stable.
It's ages that I'm on Xiaomi EU with anoter xiaomi and not that pratical on AOSP...
I read that I have to flash the EEA 11.0.6.0 firmware before this ROM. Is it a 700 mb file that we find to download in the appropriate firmwares thread?
If the device has already installed that ROM or later one, is this flash of the 700 mb file equally necessary?

Last edited:

robotzki

Mar 27, 2012
OnePlus 8 Pro
Anybody active on this thread that is using this rom?
Is it stable? , any issues that folks should be aware of?

Seems like PE rom has random reboots and Bluetooth issues for some people, that would be a no go for me.
How stable is this rom?

stajlus

May 16, 2010
Anybody active on this thread that is using this rom?
Is it stable? , any issues that folks should be aware of?

Seems like PE rom has random reboots and Bluetooth issues for some people, that would be a no go for me.
How stable is this rom?

Well, "active" is a stretch but I pop in from time to time.
The ROM works really good so not much to talk about, the only problem with latest release is that the screen sometimes "clicks" when I want to scroll, but it's not a big problem IMO.
Otherwise it's close to perfect, everything works, no random reboots or Bluetooth issues and battery time is really good.

Last edited:
Reactions: robotzki

robotzki

Mar 27, 2012
OnePlus 8 Pro
Well, "active" is a stretch but I pop in from time to time.
The ROM works really good so not much to talk about, the only problem with latest release is that the screen sometimes "clicks" when I want to scroll, but it's not a big problem IMO.
Otherwise it's close to perfect, everything works, no random reboots or Bluetooth issues and battery time is really good.
Sweet thanks for the feedback - will have to give this a try soon!

stajlus

May 16, 2010
A quick update, in the new release (20200323), the "click/touch instead of scroll"-problem is solved.
Everything just works, a very nice ROM.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi to all

The developers of derpfest ROM don't wanna share the links to Derpfest in xda.
    We have to respect this! Don't post any links to ROM or telegram derpfest groups!
    Here is the closed thread without links but with important infos:
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/Mi-9/help/android-10-derpfest-rom-10-official-t4032543

So, this thread is only for advice, discussions and experiences.

Future requests

Please tell me what you want to have changed or implemented, the I would ask the developers if it could be possible.
    My list
    1. adding autocall record
    2. Adding flip display down to mute ringer
    3. Smart charge (charging only to a predefined % value)
    4. Adding display saturation level
    5. All closing button in recent app list
    6. And last to be 100% perfect with 5 stars: a system menu with automatic timebased network disconnect... Like leandroid app
    IBTD, a ROM with GAPPS included can never be 'the best ROM' for any device. YMMV but I'd like to decide by myself which Google bloatware I'd like to install.

Cheers
    Toscha
    Thank you, can this be used on MIUI or only ASOP roms?

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk

You could try it with orange fox recovery (if bootloop you can easily deactivate the mod in recovery)
    Yes
    it's not possible to accept incoming calls while in a call already

Ok, I do not have that problem with latest version of Derpfest, yesterday evening I was in a call while driving and could answer a new incoming call via BT-button in my car.
    This does not happen that often so I can't really say if it worked for me or not in previous versions.
    Are you running 20200218-version Laptapper?
    In that case; any problems/new features?

Yes newest version.
    I've didn't recognized any changes.
    Running quite good as before