Derpfest ROM android 10 discussion, experiences, mods

Search This thread

stajlus

May 16, 2010
Today, DerpFest-10-Official-cepheus-20200127 was released.
I tried OTA update and that worked just fine.
So far no problems, but one question; change log, any way to find one without telegram?

Laptapper

Jan 17, 2016
Today, DerpFest-10-Official-cepheus-20200127 was released.
I tried OTA update and that worked just fine.
So far no problems, but one question; change log, any way to find one without telegram?

Yes, it works fine.
Which SOT you've had untill now with derpfest and check the new version, it looks again good so far

stajlus

May 16, 2010
Yes, it works fine.
Which SOT you've had untill now with derpfest and check the new version, it looks again good so far

Didn't check since this was a workday, but stand by drain is really good; a bit of mail checking, some phone calls, some text messages, and a bunch of "standard" app checks a couple of times during the day, when I checked the phone just now (6 pm) I had 83% left.
That is quite a bit better than other ROMs I've tried.

Laptapper

Jan 17, 2016
In last build...

bugs

1. Sometimes the gesture of going back doesn't work.
2. camera is sometimes black, because of this, all applications that use camera are closed when your camera is opened.

PD: Sorry for the bad English, I'm Chilean

Cheers,

For me both problems doesn't exist.
Did you make a dirty flash?
I've got only a problem in the last version with extreme slow charging speed via usb, not with wireless charge.

danytrial

For me both problems doesn't exist.
Did you make a dirty flash?
I've got only a problem in the last version with extreme slow charging speed via usb, not with wireless charge.

I did a clean installation.

- Camera.
1. Open camera.
2. Select portrait mode.
3. Switch to front camera.
* Error: camera closes, after that no camera can reopen, it is only fixed by restarting the cell phone.

- Gesture back.
* Error (unimportant): only sometimes when making the gesture of returning, this does not work at the first time and the gesture must be performed again.

stajlus

May 16, 2010
Latest update (20200204) works really well, battery management on top.
I also noticed that our "extra" Google Assistant button on the left side now takes screen shot (without magisk mod), howerver, I can't find any setting to change button function.
All in all, I'm very happy with DerpFest.

Laptapper

Jan 17, 2016
Latest update (20200204) works really well, battery management on top.
I also noticed that our "extra" Google Assistant button on the left side now takes screen shot (without magisk mod), howerver, I can't find any setting to change button function.
All in all, I'm very happy with DerpFest.

Did you recognized new functions in the new build?

rumucor

Mar 16, 2016
I am testing the latest derpfest ROM and I am delighted, the best ROM I have tried so far. However, the battery is not going so well. Similar to Miui, and worse than other AOSP roms. I use the rom without any mahisk module. Do you recommend installing a module or kernel? I would not like to modify the performance, it is very good.

Laptapper

Jan 17, 2016
There are new versions online but I'm now on xiaomi.eu in case of missing call waiting feature in all other ROMS. Did you've got the same problem?

Somebody tried last derpfest? Experiences?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi to all

The developers of derpfest ROM don't wanna share the links to Derpfest in xda.
    We have to respect this! Don't post any links to ROM or telegram derpfest groups!
    Here is the closed thread without links but with important infos:
    https://xdaforums.com/Mi-9/help/android-10-derpfest-rom-10-official-t4032543

So, this thread is only for advice, discussions and experiences.

Future requests

Please tell me what you want to have changed or implemented, the I would ask the developers if it could be possible.
    My list
    1. adding autocall record
    2. Adding flip display down to mute ringer
    3. Smart charge (charging only to a predefined % value)
    4. Adding display saturation level
    5. All closing button in recent app list
    6. And last to be 100% perfect with 5 stars: a system menu with automatic timebased network disconnect... Like leandroid app
    IBTD, a ROM with GAPPS included can never be 'the best ROM' for any device. YMMV but I'd like to decide by myself which Google bloatware I'd like to install.

Cheers
    Toscha
    Thank you, can this be used on MIUI or only ASOP roms?

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk

You could try it with orange fox recovery (if bootloop you can easily deactivate the mod in recovery)
    Yes
    it's not possible to accept incoming calls while in a call already

Ok, I do not have that problem with latest version of Derpfest, yesterday evening I was in a call while driving and could answer a new incoming call via BT-button in my car.
    This does not happen that often so I can't really say if it worked for me or not in previous versions.
    Are you running 20200218-version Laptapper?
    In that case; any problems/new features?

Yes newest version.
    I've didn't recognized any changes.
    Running quite good as before