Desense Help

Search This thread

NeverSeparate

Jan 22, 2012
I keep finding myself back on skyraider. The Rom runs really well for me. But I don't use rosie and all that goes with it and just want to keep minimal required framework to stay functional. I have looked for a desensed version but haven't found one. I know a few things I can remove like widgets and wall papers. But I want to be sure not to break something. Any help is appreciated. Also, this is just for my personal use. I am not looking to release this. Just want to free up some ram.

Sent from my ADR6350

TheAtheistReverend

Mar 29, 2010
Minneapolis
I keep finding myself back on skyraider. The Rom runs really well for me. But I don't use rosie and all that goes with it and just want to keep minimal required framework to stay functional. I have looked for a desensed version but haven't found one. I know a few things I can remove like widgets and wall papers. But I want to be sure not to break something. Any help is appreciated. Also, this is just for my personal use. I am not looking to release this. Just want to free up some ram.

Sent from my ADR6350

One of the best ways to figure this kind of thing out is to FIRST do a NAND backup. Then to play it safe, freeze Sense related apps and programs with Titanium one at a time. If you run into problems, you can just un-freeze the last one or two.

I have before, just gone mad and deleted a bunch of stuff, relying on my NAND to save me. Problem is, I almost always would end up using that NAND and have to start over.

It has been a long time since I tried to De-Sense a rom, but I bet you could find at least a partial list somewhere on here to help you figurre out what to delete.

Good luck!

---------- Post added 17th November 2012 at 12:05 AM ---------- Previous post was 16th November 2012 at 11:57 PM ----------

Check this one out. Maybe with a little comparison of what remains in this one you could get an idea of what to delete or where to start.

Reactions: NeverSeparate

NeverSeparate

Jan 22, 2012
One of the best ways to figure this kind of thing out is to FIRST do a NAND backup. Then to play it safe, freeze Sense related apps and programs with Titanium one at a time. If you run into problems, you can just un-freeze the last one or two.

I have before, just gone mad and deleted a bunch of stuff, relying on my NAND to save me. Problem is, I almost always would end up using that NAND and have to start over.

It has been a long time since I tried to De-Sense a rom, but I bet you could find at least a partial list somewhere on here to help you figurre out what to delete.

Good luck!

---------- Post added 17th November 2012 at 12:05 AM ---------- Previous post was 16th November 2012 at 11:57 PM ----------

Check this one out. Maybe with a little comparison of what remains in this one you could get an idea of what to delete or where to start.

Thanks. I have thought about just tearing into it myself. Back ups of course. I have never attempted it before and have no experience with reading code and and tracing issues down. So its a little scary. Not so much in fear of damage just lack of patience to undo what I break. But that is my problem. Thanks for the suggestion. I might just give that a look.

Sent from my ADR6350

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Sent from my ADR6350

Good luck!