Desktop apps ported to Windows RT

Search This thread

ZeroBudderz

Apr 2, 2021
Is there any app to turn Surface RT into a second display to a Windows 10 laptop?
Yes, well sort of. I just discovered a way by a long bit of googling, but it's not perfect, and you can't see the cursor on this "secondary display". You have to download Splashtop Client on your computer (Windows 10) and then the splashtop app on the surface rt (from the microsoft store). You can use it to remote desktop your computer screen from the surface which by itself is very useful. Then you have to use a driver that tricks windows into thinking it has a secondary monitor connected when it really doesn't. This used to be something you could do in windows 8.1 and windows 10 but now it's patched for windows 10. Here is a link to a company that made a driver that is working for me to "create" a fake secondary monitor: https://www.amyuni.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3030

Go to your display settings on your computer after using the driver and you should see a second monitor detected. Click on the dropbox to select "extend these displays".
After doing that, just connect to your computer from the surface rt on splashtop, then click on switch display on the bottom taskbar to see the extended desktop, and boom a semi-usable secondary monitor.

Unfortunately you can't see the host computer's cursor on the surface display (please help me figure out how!), but other than that, it seems to work as a good 30fps secondary monitor if you have a good wifi connection. Usable enough for videos imo.

frylockk19

This would be most usefull.
Sorry to tell you all, no chance unless Android is working and even then it will probably not run on the version that will be running on there. Checked the support pages, Linux doesn't have ARM packages, otherwise you could use that, but it's still really 'early access' ATM (APX boot is a lot better than UEFI).

fukin.trees

Dec 20, 2021
hey idk if this is asking too much from you all but is it possible to compile ppsspp for the surface rt i dont rly know how to go about doing so

zeka16

Nov 13, 2008
I recently found a guide on how to do this, everything works, new life for an old tablet!
I had to use a translator, but everything worked out.
How to connect Surface RT as a second monitor in Windows 11/10
AFAIK you don't need to have SurfaceRT with Windows 10 ARM as the link you provided asks for.

I've tried Splashtop before but I didn't like it. It streams your desktop to SurfaceRT an so it's dependent on a very good Internet connection. I have a good one and even so it lags so much.

Werbogeek

Jan 5, 2022
AFAIK you don't need to have SurfaceRT with Windows 10 ARM as the link you provided asks for.

I've tried Splashtop before but I didn't like it. It streams your desktop to SurfaceRT an so it's dependent on a very good Internet connection. I have a good one and even so it lags so much.
I have been using SurfaceRT as a second display for more than a month, this is the only solution to us to use splashtop, since TeamViewer lags terribly, and I do not know other ways to do this. There is hope that Linux will be ported to SurfaceRT, but everything is not entirely smooth here.

frayes

Jul 26, 2006
is there a way to run python3 runtime on the surface RT jailbreak?
I noticed the python 2.7 link only

Windows 11

Feb 13, 2022
Apps which have been recompiled:

Apps which run un-modified

Native-ported libraries (mostly for developers/porters)

Apps removed for known issues:
  • MonoTorrent Client. BitTorrent client, both GUI and CLI. Currently experimental/alpha quality, many people have reported that they can't download anything. GUI, CLI, More info.
Good morning, the 7-zip link is not working and I need it to install Qupzilla. Can you fix it?

Typro

Jun 29, 2022
How should I go about testing a software and compiling it if needed? The software is Synthesia if anybody was curious.

Top Liked Posts