Desktop apps ported to Windows RT

Search This thread

digimau93

Apr 27, 2020
padPokom plugin

I've recompiled padPokom to ARM platform. The new build is available at this link:
https://mega.nz/folder/CFsTDZJQ#HkpU15vA70AYMRrmE-qhEw

Last edited:

DeeznutZ444

Jun 4, 2017
I cant get jailbreak to even work, I'm not sure where else to post this.

I'm on a surface 2 rt, I have the jailbreak set up to auto run, but when I go to install a supposedly compatible converted app from the list of compatible apps, it keeps saying this app cant run on the pc. I dont know what to do, I'm not really finding any info. Any help is greatly appreciated :)

Reactions: guifmr

alex40799

May 7, 2020
Multimonitor app and android emulator app

I am looking for a multi monitor application (eg. Spacedesk (android) ) and an android emulator application.
Can someone help me??

skypaint

May 15, 2020
Powershell core

i have been wanting this for a loooonnnnngg time. I seen on the full downloads page for PowerShell core 7.0.1 that there is an ARM-32.zip download with the executables. i was wondering if anyone else has got this to work on their devices?

Quiksilver

Nov 27, 2007

HayaThere

Jun 22, 2020
Moonlight game streaming

It seems like this hacking scene has slowed down, but will moonlight game streaming get ported over to Surface RT? It is open source and there don't seem to be any apps capable of game streaming.

---------- Post added at 03:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 PM ----------

It seems like this hacking scene has slowed down, but will moonlight game streaming get ported over to Surface RT? It is open source and there don't seem to be any apps capable of game streaming.

I see that there is one, but I'm not sure if it runs very well

Last edited:

andPS2

Jan 15, 2011
Complete port of ScummVM, all features are 1:1 with regular x86 version

Grab a build, put sdl.dll and zlib1.dll in the same directory and enjoy.

>>>>SCUMMVM<<<<

bAe2sIkl.png

---------- Post added at 10:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 AM ----------

[/COLOR]
Pentagram - Ultima VIII engine.

Unpack contents of zip file, open folder, open another window, head to %appdata% and make folder Pentagram then drop pentagram.ini from unpacked folder to freshly made one. Now copy contents from your original Ultima VIII to ultima8 folder. That's all.

>>>>Pentagram<<<<

0Ueqob0l.jpg

can u please upload these again ?
links are dead
thanks

Last edited:

TU1STARRD

Sep 18, 2020
WERE IS c&c red alert 2

WERE IS c&c red alert 2 ?
how do get desktop apps to work my Windows RT 8.1

?
Apps which have been recompiled:

Apps which run un-modified

Native-ported libraries (mostly for developers/porters)

Apps removed for known issues:
  • MonoTorrent Client. BitTorrent client, both GUI and CLI. Currently experimental/alpha quality, many people have reported that they can't download anything. GUI, CLI, More info.

hectorantonio

Sep 29, 2010
Is there any app to turn Surface RT into a second display to a Windows 10 laptop?
Been searching for one myself, found nothing.
What web browser you use in rt 8.1?
Just internet explorer, the one that ships with the Surface RT. Found some OLD threads describing qupzilla but requires jailbreaking, I'm unable to apply the jailbreak (lots of broken links and threads) and even so, after reading... it doesn't support https (and now the web is using it a lot) so doesn't sound like a good idea.

anon_amos_11011

Apr 8, 2020
Anyone ever attempt to fix Bochs' networking feature? I tried using Win10Pcap for RT (provided by black_blob here: https://xdaforums.com/t/winpcap-windows-rt.3494503/). And, the installer refuses to run because the system complains it is not signed. And so, I even tried manually adding Win10Pcap.sys to the registry (as a system service). And, it refuses to start with net start after reboot (also due to a missing signed certificate). I have disabled certificate verification with bcdedit. So, pretty stuck at this point. Has anyone ever attempted compiling WinPcap (or variants NCap and Win10Pcap) from source on Windows RT? Also, still using Windows 8 with jailbreak (just fyi). Can't seem to get newer RT working (pretty sure that hasn't been done, yet).

tkmbid

Jul 20, 2017
Hey there everbody,

I do own a surfac rt since 2014, and it works great, as well jailbracked with Notepad++ and and coolplayer (to managed my musik from the squeezeboxserver Max2play (on a raspberry pi4).
I like the Surface because it's compact and just for Internet, musikplay, Video, email it does a good Job.
I use very often the RDP Funktion, to get managed some things on my Desktop PC, which works like a charme.

Now, because I work with ACID (Musiksoftware) to build some big sounds song, i would like to use x11vnc-client on the Surface, because I mostly work with MIDI-Files and under my Linux PC (another PC, just only for Music (Ubuntu Studio), I work with Rosegarden to modify or write some Songs).

My question is: what I have do arrange, to generate the build of x11vnc-client for Surface rt, because RDP is not working with Linux divices,
I' did already installed the VS2012 on a 8.1 Pro. VM Maschine on my Desktop PC.

If anybody is made thought like tihs Job with portation of sources for w32 to Surface rt, I would very lucky on some help, how to do it.
best regards thomas

tkmbid

Jul 20, 2017
Hey there everbody,

I do own a surfac rt since 2014, and it works great, as well jailbracked with Notepad++ and and coolplayer (to managed my musik from the squeezeboxserver Max2play (on a raspberry pi4).
I like the Surface because it's compact and just for Internet, musikplay, Video, email it does a good Job.
I use very often the RDP Funktion, to get managed some things on my Desktop PC, which works like a charme.

Now, because I work with ACID (Musiksoftware) to build some big sounds song, i would like to use x11vnc-client on the Surface, because I mostly work with MIDI-Files and under my Linux PC (another PC, just only for Music (Ubuntu Studio), I work with Rosegarden to modify or write some Songs).

My question is: what I have do arrange, to generate the build of x11vnc-client for Surface rt, because RDP is not working with Linux divices,
I' did already installed the VS2012 on a 8.1 Pro. VM Maschine on my Desktop PC.

If anybody is made thought like tihs Job with portation of sources for w32 to Surface rt, I would very lucky on some help, how to do it.
best regards thomas

Edit: I reply myself, because it's looks like that here the thread ended and nobody is looking for, anyway, just if anybody searching for though like my problem, I renewed the procedur how to get all the necessaries which are up to date 2021, it's finding on the github:

Top Liked Posts