• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

General Details on DUJA Update

Search This thread

fliptwister

May 12, 2010
Got update and installed (Oct. 20th). In US with Classic 46mm. Nice to see an update which is more than just "Improved system stability and reliability". This is what is listed in "What's new"
Screenshot_20211020-115330.png

Reactions: crxssi and jtOttawa

jtOttawa

Oct 27, 2013
Ottawa
Got update and installed (Oct. 20th). In US with Classic 46mm. Nice to see an update which is more than just "Improved system stability and reliability". This is what is listed in "What's new"View attachment 5437587
Nice to see the back up of watch faces, something I don't think the current backup and restore feature does, at least not as far as I can tell. Slowly but surely the quirks and bugs get fixed! 👍😊

crxssi

Jun 18, 2010
USA
I just got the update also- phone app and watch. When I launched the phone app, it said there was an update, which I did then. But the watch- nada. Was impatient, so I went into settings on the watch itself and checked for updates, and it said it was there and so I installed that too.

Honestly, having even MORE watch faces I don't want and can't remove from the watch is just more irritating. I really only want to have choices ON THE WATCH that I want. Why can't they put them in only the phone app?

Really, I just want a real Google Assistant app, an always working gboard, and a calendar tile.... still waiting....

Last edited:
Reactions: drziddo

jtOttawa

Oct 27, 2013
Ottawa
I just got the update also- phone app and watch. When I launched the phone app, it said there was an update, which I did then. But the watch- nada. Was impatient, so I went into settings on the watch itself and checked for updates, and it said it was there and so I installed that too.

Honestly, having even MORE watch faces I don't want and can't remove from the watch is just more irritating. I really only want to have choices ON THE WATCH that I want. Why can't they put them in only the phone app?

Really, I just want a real Google Assistant app, an always working gboard, and a calendar tile.... still waiting....
What's particularly weird about the Calendar tile is when you bring up the month view, you can even scroll through the months, but if you try to click on any given day in a month it just brings you back to today's date - but maybe that's something they will dix to give us a fully functional month view?

crxssi

Jun 18, 2010
USA
What's particularly weird about the Calendar tile is when you bring up the month view, you can even scroll through the months, but if you try to click on any given day in a month it just brings you back to today's date - but maybe that's something they will dix to give us a fully functional month view?
I probably should have specified I want a month calendar tile, like on the older watches. I keep forgetting there *IS* a calendar tile, it just doesn't show a calendar (month). What you described is the calendar app.

jtOttawa

Oct 27, 2013
Ottawa
I probably should have specified I want a month calendar tile, like on the older watches. I keep forgetting there *IS* a calendar tile, it just doesn't show a calendar (month). What you described is the calendar app.
Nope, the calendar tile shows the month - it's just not very functional, as I mentioned. Open the six-day view tile, click on the first day, and scroll up - there should be an icon to select the month on the top left.

crxssi

Jun 18, 2010
USA
Nope, the calendar tile shows the month - it's just not very functional, as I mentioned. Open the six-day view tile, click on the first day, and scroll up - there should be an icon to select the month on the top left.

Hmm. When I click on the first day from the tile, it just says "No events" below the date and "add on phone" below that and it doesn't scroll up or down. I can only swipe right to dismiss that day and go back to the stupid 6 day display. Swiping up/down does nothing. Am I doing it wrong?

On a side note, I did just add the calendar app to launch when I click on the WatchMaker face date display. So at least that is a little helpful.

jtOttawa

Oct 27, 2013
Ottawa
Hmm. When I click on the first day from the tile, it just says "No events" below the date and "add on phone" below that and it doesn't scroll up or down. I can only swipe right to dismiss that day and go back to the stupid 6 day display. Swiping up/down does nothing. Am I doing it wrong?

On a side note, I did just add the calendar app to launch when I click on the WatchMaker face date display. So at least that is a little helpful.
Hmmm - my first day has an event - do you have a day with an event? If so, click on that one and scroll up to see if you see the option to change views.

jtOttawa

Oct 27, 2013
Ottawa
Nope. I don't have hardly any events. So that must be the difference.

Really, I kinda hate their calendar tile :)
And rightly so - it really does need fixing, and hopefully this new update or a future one does that - as I agree, the old tile was great (and still is, on my Gear S3). *Edit*: Forgot you mentioned already that this update didn't do it... 😕

CrazyCypher

Oct 19, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
"Samsung says that it has added new hand gestures. Galaxy Watch 4 users can now set a new hand motion to open a pre-selected app or a frequently-used feature. With a simple ‘Knock, Knock’ motion with your wrist, you can open any app, a workout, create a reminder, or turn on a light."

Is this the same gesture as answering a call?

fliptwister

May 12, 2010
Anyone on DUJA experiencing better battery life?
A little early on this. I can give a better answer in about a week. I have only fully charged watch once since update. I have 1 day 10 hours of use since last full charge and it is estimating 1 day 7 hours left. This is in line with what I was getting before. I have been getting about 2 1/2 days of battery life on average.

Top Liked Posts