• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

General Details on DUJA Update

Search This thread
I can't get excited about this. When (if?) Google assistant drops, and when (if?) They allow full button remapping - press long press and double press for both buttons without any restrictions - I'll get excited. At the moment I am pretty much over any excitement I had with this watch it's actually less functional than my old GW given that I could get an app called 'Toggles Gear' for that which would control my phone. With this I don't even have a means to put my phone on mute from my watch!

Reactions: CrazyCypher

jtOttawa

Oct 27, 2013
Ottawa
I can't get excited about this. When (if?) Google assistant drops, and when (if?) They allow full button remapping - press long press and double press for both buttons without any restrictions - I'll get excited. At the moment I am pretty much over any excitement I had with this watch it's actually less functional than my old GW given that I could get an app called 'Toggles Gear' for that which would control my phone. With this I don't even have a means to put my phone on mute from my watch!
Was reading the Galaxy Watch thread on Reddit the other day and some kid (pretty sure it is safe to assume it was a kid) was really upset that DUJA hadn't dropped for him yet because he absolutely had to have that new .gif feature in the My Photos+ watch face - a feature he didn't even know existed or was possible two weeks before - and he was ranting that 'Samsung sucks!!' because he hadn't received it yet. We've had, what, 3-4 updates already and the watch has only officially been out a little over two months? *Sheesh* Kids today... 🙄

amirage

Sep 1, 2010
Dubai
OnePlus Nord N100
Was reading the Galaxy Watch thread on Reddit the other day and some kid (pretty sure it is safe to assume it was a kid) was really upset that DUJA hadn't dropped for him yet because he absolutely had to have that new .gif feature in the My Photos+ watch face - a feature he didn't even know existed or was possible two weeks before - and he was ranting that 'Samsung sucks!!' because he hadn't received it yet. We've had, what, 3-4 updates already and the watch has only officially been out a little over two months? *Sheesh* Kids today... 🙄
Frankly, I don't even use the extra new faces. I'm back to the old face that I initially set the watch on. I think it's more of a conditioning issue...what would really mean a lot to me is getting more apps to work especially on the email front. Outlook is a nightmare to use both on the phone and the watch as it's a battery hogger. I really wish Gmail or the Samsung email app had companion apps.

Reactions: jtOttawa

TheIntruder

Jun 8, 2010
West Yorkshire
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
XDA is no better nowadays, same sort of thing as above happens lots! Then there are battery complaints in every thread for every device 🤷

BDL97

Nov 10, 2021
I have the Galaxy Watch 4 Classic LTE in US and still no update. Why does LTE take longer? It's been 20 days since update was released.

• Sad
Reactions: znel52

DrFredPhD

Oct 30, 2010
I just got this update on my Classic LTE in the UK. I wouldn't rush to get it, it's destroyed my battery life. I was previously getting 2 days easy and now it's not making it through the day, I've just done a factory reset and hopefully that will help but it's already not looking good.

Reactions: BDL97

BDL97

Nov 10, 2021
In US, no update yet for me. There is another update released, DUK1. Released around November 11th. So now 2 updates behind.

Reactions: galaxys

BDL97

Nov 10, 2021
I'm not sure, Bluetooth usually gets them a lot faster than LTE. I think Bluetooth in US already has DUJA.

t-ao

Nov 5, 2021
Normally you will get the latest update only, even if you have skipped one. At least, this is what happened in my case: I've got DUJA directly from BUI5, without getting the CUJ2.

BDL97

Nov 10, 2021
I hope I still get DUJA on my LTE model, since it's a major update. The DUK1 update is a 99mb update, compared to 477mb update for DUJA. There are some big updates. I definitely hear what you're saying though, I just don't want the major update to be skipped in this instance. I personally think it's sad that I paid $429 (plus tax and upgrade fee) for my Classic LTE on Verizon in US, yet the Bluetooth model's that costs half are getting updates much faster. Samsung needs to do better on these brand-new watches and updates. I'm still on BUI5. Funny thing is, I received it on Oct. 7th, shortly after it was released. I never received the CUJ2 either.

crxssi

Jun 18, 2010
USA
I hope I still get DUJA on my LTE model, since it's a major update. []I just don't want the major update to be skipped in this instance.
That isn't what he is saying. You won't skip what is inside the DUJA update, it might just come along combined into another update or at the same time.
I personally think it's sad that I paid $429 (plus tax and upgrade fee) for my Classic LTE on Verizon in US, yet the Bluetooth model's that costs half are getting updates much faster.
This is normal and typical for LTE models. They will always lag far behind non-LTE devices because every change (or at least changes that touch the LTE-related code) requires checking against the mobile networks, which is a lot of additional red tape. Has nothing to do with the price.

Reactions: BDL97

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    just checked this morning USA lte
    Screenshot_20211115-063130.png
    Looks like BT version update started to roll out in Germany this morning.
    I'm pretty sure carriers are more in control of timing on updates for LTE models than Samsung.
    Got update and installed (Oct. 20th). In US with Classic 46mm. Nice to see an update which is more than just "Improved system stability and reliability". This is what is listed in "What's new"
    Screenshot_20211020-115330.png
    Received DUJC update this morning on VZW