• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Details on upcoming major update to Nexus Media importer 4.0

Search This thread

thenrik

Feb 26, 2012
San Francisco
Hi:

I've been beta testing Nexis Media Importer 4.0 with a release date scheduled for 11/23, Black Friday, and a public beta release coming soon.

NMI 4.0 has the ability for either full screen photo scrolling or a split-screen thumbnails/image. It also has an internal audio player that allows multiple selection of tracks for playback. Coupled with the existing video streaming and the ability to open pdf, doc and xls on the fly, it's turned into a complete solution for Nexus 7 external storage.

Users can still access Photos, Vidoes, Music, Docs etc through a scanning or Folder View as well as accessing the music player or full screen photos via a separate folder/Photo or folder /music menu.

It offers most of the same features you see in the Kingston Widrive without having to recharge any batteries. My 64gb Class 6 MicroSd card connected to an OGA cable, gives me all the data I need on hand to keep my Nexus 7 up-to-date.

There will no doubt be some more changes before the final release but I'm already a happy camper.

Tom

Reactions: CarsnGadgets

Sharpen3d

Apr 11, 2011
This is all great, but, and I'm sorry for my ignorance, what is black Friday?

Black Friday is a psuedo holiday in the US. The day after Thanksgiving (which is always a Thursday) about 90% of the country has off, and it's the unofficial start of the Christmas season. Therefore a large number of stores use this day to hold their biggest sales all year, pushing their profits into the black, thus Black Friday. Its completely insane, and there tends to be some people who get hurt each year, but, arguably, it's the best day to get many big ticket items. If you can fight off the crowds. Example: several stores have 32" TVs for under 100$, so that's going to be a bloodbath.

Reactions: CJHolderUK

bonzer2u

Dec 17, 2010
Southern Oregon...
Originally Posted by collindubya View Post
Why would you need it to write?? can't you just use your data cable for that??? or even airdroid? google drive etc?

For times when I'm not near a net connection or PC.

true..... it does happen, especially in So. Oregon.....

CJHolderUK

Sep 21, 2012
Exeter
www.youtube.com
Black Friday is a psuedo holiday in the US. The day after Thanksgiving (which is always a Thursday) about 90% of the country has off, and it's the unofficial start of the Christmas season. Therefore a large number of stores use this day to hold their biggest sales all year, pushing their profits into the black, thus Black Friday. Its completely insane, and there tends to be some people who get hurt each year, but, arguably, it's the best day to get many big ticket items. If you can fight off the crowds. Example: several stores have 32" TVs for under 100$, so that's going to be a bloodbath.

That sounds horrible >.< I mean good deals and everything, but I can't stand extremely busy shops. Thanks for taking your time to explain though.

On Topic; I'm looking forward to this update, I bought the NMI a while back and has served me well. :)

englefield

Aug 31, 2007
Reading
Originally Posted by collindubya View Post
Why would you need it to write?? can't you just use your data cable for that??? or even airdroid? google drive etc?

For times when I'm not near a net connection or PC.

true..... it does happen, especially in So. Oregon.....

I do a lot of video work and it would be handy to move files around when on location and no chance of a net connection anywhere. Stickmount does the job but it's no way near as elegant :)

Sharpen3d

Apr 11, 2011
Also back on topic: I've just been using Stickmount and a standard file explorer for a while now, and it's served me well. What would be the big draw for a user such as myself to use this application? Keep in mind, I am using the g-script mounting trick for obb data, so I don't know if this would be a 100% replacement for me.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi:

I've been beta testing Nexis Media Importer 4.0 with a release date scheduled for 11/23, Black Friday, and a public beta release coming soon.

NMI 4.0 has the ability for either full screen photo scrolling or a split-screen thumbnails/image. It also has an internal audio player that allows multiple selection of tracks for playback. Coupled with the existing video streaming and the ability to open pdf, doc and xls on the fly, it's turned into a complete solution for Nexus 7 external storage.

Users can still access Photos, Vidoes, Music, Docs etc through a scanning or Folder View as well as accessing the music player or full screen photos via a separate folder/Photo or folder /music menu.

It offers most of the same features you see in the Kingston Widrive without having to recharge any batteries. My 64gb Class 6 MicroSd card connected to an OGA cable, gives me all the data I need on hand to keep my Nexus 7 up-to-date.

There will no doubt be some more changes before the final release but I'm already a happy camper.

Tom
    This is all great, but, and I'm sorry for my ignorance, what is black Friday?