• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Deteled some system apps, now stuck in a bootloop

Search This thread

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
It is just as the title states. I would like to somehow fix my phone instead of just recovering.

I can still access twrp, and the app(https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jumobile.manager.systemapp) is used to create it with has created some backup files that i can still access. Is there still hope?

Mi 8 Pro with lineage os 18 unofficial
If you have some idea which apps you uninstalled then you can put them back in the right directory/folder, the app you used probably created a folder to backup them anyway for the next this app is not recommended to use it blindly; it doesn´t have a good criteria to determine what´s important and what´s not.

Or you can flash only the system image and after that wipe caches, reboot.

PalanixYT

Jun 25, 2020
If you have some idea which apps you uninstalled then you can put them back in the right directory/folder, the app you used probably created a folder to backup them anyway for the next this app is not recommended to use it blindly; it doesn´t have a good criteria to determine what´s important and what´s not.

Or you can flash only the system image and after that wipe caches, reboot.
do you know of a way to find out exactly whats missing? like some log or something like that?

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
do you know of a way to find out exactly whats missing? like some log or something like that?
Yes, there are some apps on PlayStore that can do that but you can´t boot right now to use it, probably you can take some logs through adb while in TWRP, check this https://github.com/IzzySoft/Adebar

The app you used creates a folder in the SDCard, probably it keeps the apps there, if you have TWRP you can navigate to it and you´ll find them.

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
the app has created an xyz.apk.backup can i just use adb install, or should i do something different?
Yes, the first is identify the apps and then you can install them using adb through TWRP or copying the app to the folder where it was previosuly.
hmm, i think just reflashing the system image would be easier. So should i just reflash the lineageos.zip?
You can flash it just wiping caches.

PalanixYT

Jun 25, 2020
it's just the zip i used when installing the custom rom. i can send the file if you wnat.
META-INF/com/android/metadata
system.new.dat.br
system.patch.dat
vendor.new.dat.br
vendor.patch.dat
META-INF/com/google/android/update-binary
META-INF/com/google/android/updater-script
boot.img
install/bin/backuptool.functions
install/bin/backuptool.sh
system.transfer.list
vendor.transfer.list
META-INF/com/android/otacert

i was still inside a boot loop

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
it's just the zip i used when installing the custom rom. i can send the file if you wnat.
META-INF/com/android/metadata
system.new.dat.br
system.patch.dat
vendor.new.dat.br
vendor.patch.dat
META-INF/com/google/android/update-binary
META-INF/com/google/android/updater-script
boot.img
install/bin/backuptool.functions
install/bin/backuptool.sh
system.transfer.list
vendor.transfer.list
META-INF/com/android/otacert

i was still inside a boot loop
It could work if you do it correctly:

- Wipe system, caches and data (not format)
- Flash the LOS zip.
- Flash the GApps (if you had previously Google apps on it)
- Reboot.

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
it worked, thank you very much. Is there a way to restore my phone to its previous state? i made a twrp backup just in case
Great, you can restore it just at the same time you did take the backup, if at the moment that this happened you didn´t take a backup of course you can´t anyway if you had some apps synchronizing with the cloud then this will be the only way. It works similarly as Windows (or Linux distros) also work if you have some idea from.