[DEV][4.4] CM11 Development - DEVELOPERS ONLY

Search This thread

das_webos_transformer

Feb 3, 2012
Well I compiled latest TWRP it didn't work it has same errors. I'll take this up with Dees_Troy. Because when I place the same trees and TWRP into the cm-11 source it won't compile, whereas it compiles fine in cm-10 source. When I manually fix compilation errors it compiles but when flashed it doesn't boot. Same story with CWM

Sent from my One SV using Tapatalk

So recovery build in cm10 source but no cm11? Why not use 10 source

Sent from my SPH-L710 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

awidawad

Jan 2, 2012
A Dark Room
Recovery builds fine but when I flash it doesn't boot. Instead it reboots. Even with my updated device trees.
@randomblame I know you're busy with a lot of devices. By any chance, could you give us any tips?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

das_webos_transformer

Feb 3, 2012
Shouldn't you have posted your question in Randomblame's thread not this one?

It will be in his notifications, I haven't heard from him in a long time. He was a beast.

Also, we can use a500 stuff just swap the bootimg. Try that with the recovery

Sent from my SPH-L710 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

pio_masaki

May 7, 2012
Surprise, Az
I wish you all luck, and I hate to mention, if you post a ROM you need to post a link to the kernel source used within it unless it uses a prebuilt kernel binary and modules, in which case it should be mentioned and its source credited.

And if you want help, you should post your trees unless it's just my trees with no changes, asking for help while providing nothing you're working on doesn't tend to go very well :p

I'll take a crack at twrp, I need to build an updated version for a few devices anyways, may as well see if the A100 can get one pooped out too, and recoveries don't take much power or time to do.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As a proof of concept I compiled Kit Kat for our Acer Inconia. It needs a new build of CWM in order to flash. I have not been able to boot up CWM that I compiled so anyone here that has built recovery on here before try to build latest CWM and/or TWRP then we can try out this KitKat build to see if it boots or not. It may need some kernel patches. It's using pio_maski's jb-mr2 trees that I modified for 4.4 for a100 (note: I haven't uploaded yet and won't unless it boots).

Download: http://d-h.st/aKr

What you can do to help:

1. Compile the latest TWRP or CWM and post if it boots. Only do this if you've done it before; I'm not going to teach because it is out of my knowledge why CWM won't boot. If you come across any errors and don't know how to fix PM me or post here I'll help you fix it.

2. NOTHING can be done until we have a working (latest) recovery.

Sources:
    Device: https://github.com/awid777/android_device_acer_a100 (cm10.2 branch)

Note for the sources: This isn't the source I used to compile the initial build. However, they are almost identical. The credits for the sources for the ROM go to @pio-masaki for his device and commons trees and prebuilt kernel. I would post the sources I used but I never uploaded them because I ended up deleting them early on as I prefer to use a single device tree. All my commits will now be posted to the listed source.
    Please share :) if you are running kitkat on an A500, we as a community could definitely benefit from that. Thanx in advance.

Likely randomblame's work, he always has stuff running like the day source drops lol.

Guess I need to go make a recovery since no one ever did :p
    Hi Pio,

how are things going? Would be nice if you could build that recovery. :good:

It ends up to large to fit the few times I tried so I shifted back to current devices, I may play with it again soon.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk 2
    I wish you all luck, and I hate to mention, if you post a ROM you need to post a link to the kernel source used within it unless it uses a prebuilt kernel binary and modules, in which case it should be mentioned and its source credited.

And if you want help, you should post your trees unless it's just my trees with no changes, asking for help while providing nothing you're working on doesn't tend to go very well :p

I'll take a crack at twrp, I need to build an updated version for a few devices anyways, may as well see if the A100 can get one pooped out too, and recoveries don't take much power or time to do.
    I'm going to go ahead and compile TWRP. I've educated myself on the a100 (I've never done programming on this device or any other Tegra based device... Used to Qualcomm and HTC) hopefully it will work. Current TWRP branch on GitHub is twrp2.7 and has all KitKat changes in it. I'll have a build tomorrow morning. Tonight I have to finish my essays and other homework. I'll let you all know if recovery boots or not. If it does boot, I'll go ahead and attempt installing and booting KitKat
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone