[DEV][4.4] CM11 Development - DEVELOPERS ONLY

Search This thread

doucettom

Apr 14, 2011
It ends up to large to fit the few times I tried so I shifted back to current devices, I may play with it again soon.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk 2

If I can be of any (alpha/beta testing mostly...) help, I would be glad. It seems that recovery is the main obstacle as they apparently succeeded in running 4.4 on a A500 device on which (I think...) most of the custom rom for our device is based.

Reactions: SGH-i200

SGH-i200

Aug 31, 2009
make a recovery to fit in?

It ends up to large to fit the few times I tried [...]

Thanks for the feedback. I didn't know you already gave it a shot. Do you know how you could make it fit? Maybe you could give some hints so that some other person can try it?

doucettom

Apr 14, 2011
I am running kitkat on my A500 right now and have been for a few days. Without any errors so far.
Please share :) if you are running kitkat on an A500, we as a community could definitely benefit from that. Thanx in advance.

Seems like we sadly never got any feedback :(

It ends up to large to fit the few times I tried so I shifted back to current devices, I may play with it again soon.

Thanks for the feedback. I didn't know you already gave it a shot. Do you know how you could make it fit? Maybe you could give some hints so that some other person can try it?

I though A500 was the same h/w with a larger screen but seems I might been wrong with this assumption. I would have thought both A500 and our beloved A100 had the same memory space for Recovery tools. It can be a good idea to look at A500 section and discuss how these guys did it.

Anyway, if I can be any help.

pio_masaki

May 7, 2012
Surprise, Az
Seems like we sadly never got any feedback :(

I though A500 was the same h/w with a larger screen but seems I might been wrong with this assumption. I would have thought both A500 and our beloved A100 had the same memory space for Recovery tools. It can be a good idea to look at A500 section and discuss how these guys did it.

Anyway, if I can be any help.

You could just use the A500 recovery with changes for the A100, kernel, naming, init, all that fun stuff, and see if it fits. I dunno if we have a kernel that's compatible with 4.4 recoveries, however we did have a working 4.3 kernel, using that would probably suffice.

doucettom

Apr 14, 2011
You could just use the A500 recovery with changes for the A100, kernel, naming, init, all that fun stuff, and see if it fits. I dunno if we have a kernel that's compatible with 4.4 recoveries, however we did have a working 4.3 kernel, using that would probably suffice.

I might try something but I will surely need a little help. I am a net/sysadmin, not a programmer/developper but I probably do have some programming logical left from my school days ;)

nelsontky

Aug 13, 2012
Well you can try porting omnirom

Well you can try porting omnirom or you can compile cwm with cm 10.2 sources. This will create a cwm 6.0.4.5 flashable recovery that support the flashing of kitkat roms. I compiled cwm 6.0.4.5 for my A500 a while back... ... http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2583710

---------- Post added at 03:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 PM ----------

well if you are wondering how we fit the recovery into the a500 is that we flash it not to the recovery partition but we flash it to the secboot with skrillax bootloader

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As a proof of concept I compiled Kit Kat for our Acer Inconia. It needs a new build of CWM in order to flash. I have not been able to boot up CWM that I compiled so anyone here that has built recovery on here before try to build latest CWM and/or TWRP then we can try out this KitKat build to see if it boots or not. It may need some kernel patches. It's using pio_maski's jb-mr2 trees that I modified for 4.4 for a100 (note: I haven't uploaded yet and won't unless it boots).

Download: http://d-h.st/aKr

What you can do to help:

1. Compile the latest TWRP or CWM and post if it boots. Only do this if you've done it before; I'm not going to teach because it is out of my knowledge why CWM won't boot. If you come across any errors and don't know how to fix PM me or post here I'll help you fix it.

2. NOTHING can be done until we have a working (latest) recovery.

Sources:
    Device: https://github.com/awid777/android_device_acer_a100 (cm10.2 branch)

Note for the sources: This isn't the source I used to compile the initial build. However, they are almost identical. The credits for the sources for the ROM go to @pio-masaki for his device and commons trees and prebuilt kernel. I would post the sources I used but I never uploaded them because I ended up deleting them early on as I prefer to use a single device tree. All my commits will now be posted to the listed source.
    Please share :) if you are running kitkat on an A500, we as a community could definitely benefit from that. Thanx in advance.

Likely randomblame's work, he always has stuff running like the day source drops lol.

Guess I need to go make a recovery since no one ever did :p
    Hi Pio,

how are things going? Would be nice if you could build that recovery. :good:

I wish you all luck, and I hate to mention, if you post a ROM you need to post a link to the kernel source used within it unless it uses a prebuilt kernel binary and modules, in which case it should be mentioned and its source credited.

And if you want help, you should post your trees unless it's just my trees with no changes, asking for help while providing nothing you're working on doesn't tend to go very well :p

I'll take a crack at twrp, I need to build an updated version for a few devices anyways, may as well see if the A100 can get one pooped out too, and recoveries don't take much power or time to do.
    I'm going to go ahead and compile TWRP. I've educated myself on the a100 (I've never done programming on this device or any other Tegra based device... Used to Qualcomm and HTC) hopefully it will work. Current TWRP branch on GitHub is twrp2.7 and has all KitKat changes in it. I'll have a build tomorrow morning. Tonight I have to finish my essays and other homework. I'll let you all know if recovery boots or not. If it does boot, I'll go ahead and attempt installing and booting KitKat
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone