Dev 7.0 Nougat ROM Release 3/28/2018 (Discontinued)

Search This thread

Wonders_Never_Cease

Recognized Contributor
Jul 10, 2013
It could handle it yes... But they give 2 year EOL,because most are in payment/contracts for that amount of time...I cant comment on spending on phones,I have phones that have never even had a sim in them...A9 is one of them..lol

I just hate how these companies abandon phones. The A9 could handle Oreo, but that's too much work. Plus, they want you to spend another 500 bucks.

mrsubway

Dec 3, 2009
Bronx, NY
It could handle it yes... But they give 2 year EOL,because most are in payment/contracts for that amount of time...I cant comment on spending on phones,I have phones that have never even had a sim in them...A9 is one of them..lol
I have a drawer full of phones, including a Samsung Captivate, Motorola Razr original, Blackberry Pearl, and a Nokia 33xx series phone! I once used the Nokia to beat a burglar to death. He had nothing but a machine gun. Poor bastard. :p

CarinaPDX

Jun 30, 2013
And then there is me - the last phone I bought was a Sony-Ericsson Walkman 810i in 2006. It lasted 10 years, although it was a little long in the tooth towards the end. The A9 is only 2 years old, and has state-of-the-art capabilities (4G LTE, VoLTE, WiFi calling). The CPU/GPU are powerful enough for anything but the most demanding action games - something I don't care about. Since I don't use phone contracts 2 years is arbitrary. I would be quite happy to keep the A9 for another 3 years if I could get security updates. It's a good thing Project Treble seems to be getting a little traction.

Reactions: mrsubway

BoobySteelz.

Mar 6, 2018
Hi everyone, need help please, I have HTC One A9 US Edition unlocked and s-off, Unlocked/Developer Version 1.57.617.32. I received the OTA for Nougat 7.0 but after a successful download it won't install but rather give me an error message saying modified version. What does this mean and how can i solve it. Please is there a possible fix for it.
Anyone...?

Wonders_Never_Cease

Recognized Contributor
Jul 10, 2013
Usually thats caused by wrong cid/mid,being rooted,or having twrp installed...

Hi everyone, need help please, I have HTC One A9 US Edition unlocked and s-off, Unlocked/Developer Version 1.57.617.32. I received the OTA for Nougat 7.0 but after a successful download it won't install but rather give me an error message saying modified version. What does this mean and how can i solve it. Please is there a possible fix for it.
Anyone...?

Wonders_Never_Cease

Recognized Contributor
Jul 10, 2013
I would try flashing firmware seperately and then reflash the latest ruu...you may have to re soff as it states not to relock bootloader after soff is achieved.

Also from fastboot menu... run this command and paste the results...

fastboot getvar all

My CID: BS_US001 & MID: 2PQ912000 and from my readings through and all over internet it says that's the right configuration to get OTA done successfully. Am not rooted or having TWRP installed either. Pls any more suggestions?

Last edited:

mrsubway

Dec 3, 2009
Bronx, NY
My CID: BS_US001 & MID: 2PQ912000 and from my readings through and all over internet it says that's the right configuration to get OTA done successfully. Am not rooted or having TWRP installed either. Pls any more suggestions?
It's an official OTA from your carrier. I'd try changing the CID back to the original and then try OTA. You can always put it back.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Stock tweaked 2.18(Dev,Unlocked)build.. FOR US CONVERTED ATT,EURO AND DEVELOPER DEVICES ONLY IF ON LATEST FIRMWARE (2.18.617.XX)...DO NOT FLASH ON LOWER FIRMWARE OR STOCK EURO DEVICES.. LATEST 2.18.617.XX Firmware Needed....

PLEASE DO NOT USE OR REDISTRIBUTE WITHOUT ASKING PERMISSION

Nothing fancy just fast,stable and reliable

Build Contains:
    Latest Recovery v.3.2.1-0 (Thank you Captain_Throwback)
    Latest Stock Recovery
    Magisk v.16.3 (Thank you topjohnwu)
    Magisk Manager 5.6.4 (Thank you topjohnwu)

HTC Music/Music Widget
    Sound Tweaks
    Speed Tweaks
    Kernel Tweaks
    Battery Tweaks
    Thermal Tweaks
    Governor Tweaks (Thank you Alcolawl)
    Memory Tweaks
    Minimal Bloat (I'm sure some will want to de-bloat further)
    Camera Tweaks
    HTC 10 Camera
    Passes Safety Net Checks
    Deodex'd (Will NOT accept OTA)
    Logging Disabled
    Latest Busybox Installer v.1.28.1 (Thank you osmosis)

MAIN REGULAR LINK(2-16-RELEASE):
    A9_218_617_56_Final

MAIN TWEAKED LINK(3-28-RELEASE):BACK UP YOUR DATA BEFORE FLASHING
    A9_218_617_56_Final_Tweaked

SECONDARY MIRROR/BOTH: (Thanks CSnowRules)
    A9_218_617_56_Final/A9_218_617_56_Final_Tweaked

KNOWN ISSUES... Refer to post 3...
    Changelog:

2-23-2017: Initial Release
    2-27-2017: Fixed build not flashing in some version's of twrp (Thanks Captain_Throwback & CSnowrules)
    3-13-2017: March Security Update
    5-06-2017: April Security Update
    7-26-2017: June Security Update
    9-06-2017: August Security Update
    10-21-2017: Kernel,Memory,Battery,Speed,Thermal System Enhancements
    11-17-2017: November Security Update
    12-24-2017: Tweaked Build Released... (Merry Christmas)
    2-16-2018: Minor kernel,App,Performance Update(Regular Build)
    2-17-2018: v1 Kernel,Memory,Battery,Camera,Performance,Audio System Enhancements(Tweaked Build)
    2-28-2018: v2 Kernel,Memory,Battery,Governor,Camera,Performance,Audio System Enhancements(Tweaked Build)
    3-28-2018: v3 Too many different things changed... You let me know... :0P
    Few bugs to work out yet... but we have a booting 7.1.2 build... :0P
    ROM will be updated to latest build once RUU becomes available for those who care
    Can confirm the update is live...got notification on my device

Awesome. I'm on cm 13 currently but if you make a zip and need a lab rat to test it's compatibility with the current recovery / boot patcher I'll gladly do it. That's for your work
    Well, TWRP doesn't boot for me after taking the Nougat OTA. Building a new one now. Hopefully decryption magically works too, but that's a longshot.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone